Arrma infraction mega upgrade dilemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes232

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Purchased a infraction mega from tower hobbies on the scratch and dent sale for 160. Ran it around for a little on the brushed set up and want more So I ordered a spektrum 85 combo on Amazon and can’t seem to get it squared away. I originally thought I had a bum esc but Amazon sent me another one and same results. I can’t get it to move I have it hooked up correctly and have a full battery. I do have steering. I ran it on the mega setup a few times so I know the reciver and transmitter jive. I also went as far as hooking the new esc and motor up to my big rock and all is well there. When I power on I get the audible tones and green blinks and then rapid red flashes. I’ve tried multiple times to calibrate and it doesn’t take. I can get it to blink red with the beeps but as soon as I hit set to set neutral the beeping and red flashes stop and I have no led light. Sorry for the lengthy post but it’s driving me nuts. Also I know people on here don’t love the spektrum set ups but so far the combos in my big rock and kraton 6s have been fine.

89C58A74-0109-430D-BC47-035692B3418E.jpeg

Purchased a infraction mega from tower hobbies on the scratch and dent sale for 160. Ran it around for a little on the brushed set up and want more So I ordered a spektrum 85 combo on Amazon and can’t seem to get it squared away. I originally thought I had a bum esc but Amazon sent me another one and same results. I can’t get it to move I have it hooked up correctly and have a full battery. I do have steering. I ran it on the mega setup a few times so I know the reciver and transmitter jive. I also went as far as hooking the new esc and motor up to my big rock and all is well there. When I power on I get the audible tones and green blinks and then rapid red flashes. I’ve tried multiple times to calibrate and it doesn’t take. I can get it to blink red with the beeps but as soon as I hit set to set neutral the beeping and red flashes stop and I have no led light. Sorry for the lengthy post but it’s driving me nuts. Also I know people on here don’t love the spektrum set ups but so far the combos in my big rock and kraton 6s have been fine.

View attachment 240409
Connections look good.

Next thing I would try is a rebind.

So before a rebind I plugged in the brushed system and have throttle. Went back to the spektrum still no throttle. Did a rebind and still nada. I don’t understand why both of these new spektrums won’t allow me in to calibrate them.

So before a rebind I plugged in the brushed system and have throttle. Went back to the spektrum still no throttle. Did a rebind and still nada. I don’t understand why both of these new spektrums won’t allow me in to calibrate them.
Okay.

Radio should be bound then.

I’m out of ideas.

Hopefully some else on the forum has had this issue before.

Good luck.

Haha yeah I’m stumped. Can the transmitter and reciver be locked into a specific esc? Either way I appreciate the attempted help!

I recently had a similar issue when I replaced the receiver and tried to set my Infraction 3s up with another radio. I had to redo the calibration because I wasn't doing it exactly as shown in the manuals (I had throttle in neutral). Check the instructions for your radio and ESC and follow the instructions for calibrating the throttle exactly. Don't rely on your memory of performing calibration previously.

This should be the on off switch for your ESC. Turn it on, then press down the small button for 5-6 seconds till it beeps. Now you have reset the ESC to factory. May not need to do this but might as well start over from scratch. Next follow razorRC’s video on setting up the SLT three remote. Also watch this video on properly binding it and troubleshooting issues and do that first. Bind then calibrate.

A5044F78-3516-4FB7-B72D-04F64B6D40AC.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 240409
When I upgraded the esc in my mega I had the same problem it ended up being the factory servo was the issue

When I upgraded the esc in my mega I had the same problem it ended up being the factory servo was the issue
That is a good point considering the server that comes with the mega infraction is the lowest of the low piece of crud. It makes the S651 seem good 😂

So here’s where I’m at. I went and stole the receiver out of my big rock and dropped it in the infraction all is well there now. I popped the infraction receiver into the big rock same thing won’t allow me to calibrate but still works for the brushed esc and motor so I’m throwing in the towel I’ll order a new receiver and radio and contact arrma as this one appears to be a dud. Figure if they send me a new one doesn’t hurt to have a back up. 🤷

I have 2 receivers SLR 300 brand new take out replaced it with avc and then I have a nice SR315 that works perfect . I’ll sell you the take out SLR 10 bucks + shipping and the SR315 25 plus shipping . Do you need the remote ? I might have an extra DX3 I’d give if you cover shipping I’d have to double check though

8057A3B1-8837-4FF9-9194-F2649A46E5E6.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back