Kraton Arrma Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way 60 stock.

Yeah. No way.
My kraton 4s will barely hit 50mph stock. My rustler 4x4 with included 20 tooth pinion hits 60 and it's much faster than the kraton.

Now I am used to racing 1/8th scale and am so use to having a center diff. It's the one thing I wish I could have on this truck. It would really help this thing handle better.

RCsaylors have a vid on youtube clocking Kraton 4s at 84 kmh (52mph). Looks like 3s and 4s models are basically doing exact same speed only difference is 15t pinion stock on 3s and 13t stock on 4s.

Took the tires from the talion and wow what a difference. This thing drives much more precise. Still need to get a stronger servo saver and some new turnbuckle and ends that don't have so much slop in them

Picked up one myself, got tired of thinking about it and said what the hell. Needed something to run around the house and 10 scale fits the bill. Love them Kratons!!

So what's the proper way to put on 17mm axles/nuts and keep the same offset? Looks like the Typhon 3S uses different axles that I'm assuming are too short, so...?

I have a 3S Typhon and wanted something for flips and bashing purposes. The 8th scale stuff is too big and heavy for my kicker ramp so these 4s trucks fit almost perfectly. I don’t really like the big rock or the granite looks so got the Kraton. I suppose I could have converted my Typhon for a couple hundred to run 4s w bigger tires but like the buggy too for tearing around the streets. So there is clearly a need for the 4s stuff so whatever.

I have a 3S Typhon and wanted something for flips and bashing purposes. The 8th scale stuff is too big and heavy for my kicker ramp so these 4s trucks fit almost perfectly. I don’t really like the big rock or the granite looks so got the Kraton. I suppose I could have converted my Typhon for a couple hundred to run 4s w bigger tires but like the buggy too for tearing around the streets. So there is clearly a need for the 4s stuff so whatever.
Agree!

Can you measure the distance from the axle end (where it connects to the driveshaft) to the pin hole? i'll measure my Typhon axle. There is some chance it's the same width

Looking at it, I think they're pretty different. The Kraton has huge knuckles and spindles that stick out really far, so I'm pretty sure the Typhon stub axle would be very short. The driveshafts themselves are also super long.

I'm gonna chime in. I don't think these trucks are aimed at you guys who already have an Arrma 3s or 6s. I "think" the idea was to draw in new customers. If you own a 3s, odds are you are going to have a radar on Jennys for the next month, so you can grab the parts you like, without having to buy a new truck. The wider/ bigger suspension arms, beefed up drive shafts and bigger shocks will sell like hot cakes, once available. But for a new buyer, the extra $100 would seem fitting to get all those extras included. Why not go 6s you say? That's a whole different beast. A first time or intermediate owner would be much more comfortable with a 1/10 th scale plastic rig. The 1/8 th scale metal chassis, crazy powered rigs would surely seem daunting. Vas also pointed out that the start up cost for a new owner, is significantly lower when capping at 4s. Battery and charger requirements are significantly less demanding when maxing out at 4s. The lower kv motor may not make the truck faster, but it makes it more effective. Many 3s 1/10 th scale truck owners, end up switching out motors sooner than later. Zippy 3000 plus kv motors get hot fast when you start bashing in more adverse conditions. The thrill of going fast in a straight line, fades fast, and most bashers don't see much track time. Tackling terrain that is often muddy, loose, sandy or full of grass, will be handled by the lower kv motor with greater ease and less headaches. Also, having wheelie popping torque on such a robust truck, is a smile inducing benefit that new and experienced drivers will appreciate. The Arrma 3s line is great, no one is denying that. But if you didn't own one, walked into a hobby store and saw what was offered between it and a 4s, side by side on a shop counter, ask yourself if you wouldn't pay the extra $100 for the 4s. Keep in mind that the new charger and battery cost was almost identical. Not everyone can own multiple Arrmas, and many people don't have $550 for a truck they can only run in wide open areas, where they are meant to excel. But if it meant $100 more to get the wider, beefier and surely stronger 4s line today, I know which one I'd choose. I think that's who Arrma is going after too. Peace out my Arrma brethren.

That's what the Kraton 4s is for me. My first RC is in the mail. I got the bug after playing with my neighbor's son's Rustler last weekend and found this machine to be a much better option than Traxxas in the price range. When I look at the 4s line compared to 3s, I see a bigger, more drivable truck with quality parts for a total entry price that didn't piss off my wife.

Of course, this is my first one - I'll have nothing to compare it to and won't be dedicated to the hobby (given all my other interests), so if it doesn't work out I won't know the difference;)

Looking at it, I think they're pretty different. The Kraton has huge knuckles and spindles that stick out really far, so I'm pretty sure the Typhon stub axle would be very short. The driveshafts themselves are also super long.
Yeah i think you're right.
Maybe the Traxxas 5353X would work? they do work for the 3s hubs that are on the Senton/Granite.

Yeah i think you're right.
Maybe the Traxxas 5353X would work? they do work for the 3s hubs that are on the Senton/Granite.
The traxxas 5353X won't work. The shoulder of the arrma kraton stub axle is too big. It's a different design than the senton/granite 3s.

People need to understand how these brands make money. A 4s line is just a great profit maker. It’s like when you go out to eat and you order the “special”. It’s comprised of old parts mixed with a few new ones and it’s a niche product that will make them more profit. I bought one, and the arms are super thin, the plastics look cheap in many places, and it doesn’t feel $400.00 to me, but that’s my opinion. I do think a plastic chassis has its place though and these should be great skate park/ street bashers as soon as RPM drops new A Arms.

People need to understand how these brands make money. A 4s line is just a great profit maker. It’s like when you go out to eat and you order the “special”. It’s comprised of old parts mixed with a few new ones and it’s a niche product that will make them more profit. I bought one, and the arms are super thin, the plastics look cheap in many places, and it doesn’t feel $400.00 to me, but that’s my opinion. I do think a plastic chassis has its place though and these should be great skate park/ street bashers as soon as RPM drops new A Arms.
I agree with you, the only reason that tipped the scale for me to buy them was I payed $350. shipped for mine. MSRP seemed to high to swallow. Out the front door bashers for me as the 6s are really to much with the kids around.

I think Notorious J summed it up best.... im brand new to the hobby and bought my first truck recently.... i went with the Granite 4x4. I wish i had gone with the BLX to be honest (hind sight is 20/20) as i now have one of these SWB vehicles, i cant really justify buying a BLX and the BRCC seemsto be a bit top heavy for my liking. The 6s trucks are way too big of a jump in both cost (I only have 1 decent 2s and a cheap charger) and speed/power for me, so i think the 4s Kraton is the way im leaning now... When i finally get one it should hold me over for a few months until im looking into a 6s :p

This hobby sure is getting expensive!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back