Kraton Arrma Kraton EXB discontinued? Maybe Kraton 6s V6 coming soon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this case the target demographic would be the mid-tier RC Car hobbyists that want the next level of performance but either have not discovered aftermarket vendors like M2C or simply don't want to spend the money for the premium parts. There are also some consumers who prefer to keep everything branded.
Ah yes, like the Traxxasverse!? LOL. Nothing worth having from the "outside" world!! 👌🤣🤣

The only thing I actually like about my FT HB was the way it is mounted to the rear C Block. I yanked the whole HB out and looked over that C block mount, and it is super strong using (2) double alloy plates securing the Hinge pins. I left it there in place, because it's
way stronger than the plain old single metal plate backed plastic C block. :LOL:
I am so thankful for that FT HB C block design.:LOL:
But have you done epic power slides using the handbrake?

The EXB line being discontinued is no big loss IMO. I mean sure, it's nice to not have to sell off the electronics you didn't want but no big deal. The "7075" EXB bits have been criticized by many for not being legit 7075 as well. So, if one wants the "beastliest" 6s Kraton, it's just easier to start with a BLX anyways🤷‍♂️ strip it down while new, sell off the BLX parts and build up with M2C, JBIRC, Scorched or whatever..
I still feel the current 6s lineup from Arrma is the best on the market, as such, I'm not chomping at the bit for something new myself.🤷‍♂️😉🍻
To add, I hope that Arrma releases a v6 BLX that at least includes the improved "LSD" diffs. Really just want the beefier design, don't care aboot the LSD stuff myself. More hype than function IMO.
I agree, and not a wonder why they removed the EXB rollers. Most buying Arrma's have little RC exper. and go with RTR's. Because they "Appear" to be best bang for the buck. EXB parts were just an Arrma knee jerk response to the many other Upgrade brand parts out there. HH wanted a piece of that market. Didn't do well.. But all the EXB parts are still available, a la carte. Many of the EXB parts like the Steering Top plate is just BS. Just a Stamped 6061 part, like the standard one. Anodized in Black, instead of Red. And says "EXB Compatible" on it. Only found on EXB kits in the beginning. Then it became a standard part, with most of the 6s lineup.
But have you done epic power slides using the handbrake?
Yeah Epic for all of 3 minutes into my First pack.:ROFLMAO: It is horrible.
Just to say I tried it and don't like that BS. Then I disconnected the HB servo lead from the Rx., and my BEC and St servo was much happier too.
Dam there is absolutely no 3rd channel Brake trim with that Radio. Also made a constant whine, with that disk brake floating on the input cup and hitting/slapping the 2 brake plates

Last edited:
I have to admit that I'm more of an rc enthusiast than "basher". As such, the BLX line is sufficient for my use generally. Adding a "sprinkle" of upgrades fits for me. Anyone whose really "bashing" will almost certainly end up with a rig mainly consisting of aftermarket parts..none of which will likely be Arrma EXB parts (well except diffs). I guess a la carte EXB parts is indeed a way for Arrma to get a piece of the pie.

The only thing I actually like about my FT HB was the way it is mounted to the rear C Block. I yanked the whole HB out and looked over that C block mount, and it is super strong using (2) double alloy plates securing the Hinge pins. I left it there in place, because it's
way stronger than the plain old single metal plate backed plastic C block. :LOL:
I am so thankful for that FT HB C block design.:LOL:
What block ur talking about?

The FT C block..... also called the Rear front Hinge Pin Mount.
It uses 2 of the metal plates unlike the other 6s rigs with just one. It is very strong IMHO. So I left this HB mount in place.
I just tossed the whole HB and servo crap.

j93xrdxq.png

Last edited:
The FT C block..... also called the Rear front Hinge Pin Mount.
It uses 2 of the metal plates unlike the other 6s rigs with just one. It is very strong IMHO. So I left this HB mount in place.
I just tossed the whole HB and servo cr
Aluminum wears out thats my main issue with full aluminum upgraded brackets. They ditch the little thing. Main reason i stay with plastic. Even if the plate bends one hammer shot and its back to shape. Harder to wear steel than aluminum😁

I don't bother with the Upgrade Blocks. They do serve a purpose if you are sending it 40 feet all the time, however.
Stocker is fine for me. I just thought I'd mention that the OE FT C block is rather strong using 2 metal plates instead of one.. And is more stout than the other OE mounts. I had a spare Kraton one to replace with. But when I removed the FT C mount I saw that it the stronger part. More metal on the hinge pins with 2 plates sandwiched in there..(y) And they are Keyed into the chassis, where the Kraton one is keyed only by the Plastic mount cover.
See the "tabs" on the FT metal plates.?????
Doubled up, they key into the Square hole of the chassis. The bulkhead stays put better, with impacts.

Last edited:
Aluminum wears out thats my main issue with full aluminum upgraded brackets. They ditch the little thing. Main reason i stay with plastic. Even if the plate bends one hammer shot and its back to shape. Harder to wear steel than aluminum😁
True. There's a hack for the Xmaxx/XRT were folks are doubling up on the steel plates for increased strength at the "blocks".. I haven't even bent the stock stuff yet on either my Arrmas or my Trashass yet though. Pins, yes, plates(blocks),no..guess I'm just a cream puff.🤣🤣

Welp, while Arrma is twittling their thumbs..TC is still putting in the man hours.."Prestige Worldwide" style!!😜
I though it was an arrma release
1/5 scale incoming from team corally. Team corally is straight up doing what made arrma succeed. When a company gets too big they start to struggle and forget what they were all about. Their origins are forgotten and they try to be and act like the other boring companies. TC wants to make bashers to rival traxxas and arrma. And if they trully are into it, they will because both brands specially arrma have fallen asleep.

If TC can pump a lot of rigs that spark interest in people, traxxas and arrma will lose sales and even maybe costumers. In the worst case the aftermarket moves to TC. If theres a better platform And demand than arrma for the aftermarket they will start to focus on that platform. If TC releases a 1/5 scale. I hope its full plastic. If it is it already rivals with the xmaxx and it if i5s better than the xmaxx.

Thats worst case scenario for arrma and traxxas. Arrma has burned so much money into developing a new line and more expensive materials that isn’t paying like they thought it would. Traxxas is making money eitherway because they have an insane markeup on their xmaxx. KAGAMA sounds like a 1/5 scale vehicle name. I doubt they would waste such a name on a 3s line lol. They legit mocking arrma they used one of the music they used on one of their releases and they made a similar slogan. The letering also sound very arrma to me. I love it because it might push arrma into making stuff again... We all want them to push the limits like they once did

Ima go hunting
9417ABF1-1538-4ED0-9402-4906DD4AE163.png

I found you @KnowAir 🤣🤣

Last edited:
It makes me laugh when speculations about something are formulated based off of insufficient knowledge or evidence of a particular subject 😂

That is all I will comment on this.

The EXB line being discontinued is no big loss IMO. I mean sure, it's nice to not have to sell off the electronics you didn't want but no big deal. The "7075" EXB bits have been criticized by many for not being legit 7075 as well. So, if one wants the "beastliest" 6s Kraton, it's just easier to start with a BLX anyways🤷‍♂️ strip it down while new, sell off the BLX parts and build up with M2C, JBIRC, Scorched or whatever..
I still feel the current 6s lineup from Arrma is the best on the market, as such, I'm not chomping at the bit for something new myself.🤷‍♂️😉🍻
To add, I hope that Arrma releases a v6 BLX that at least includes the improved "LSD" diffs. Really just want the beefier design, don't care aboot the LSD stuff myself. More hype than function IMO.
+!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back