Kraton Arrma Kraton EXB discontinued? Maybe Kraton 6s V6 coming soon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuteRC

Reaction score
UK largest RC shop such as wheelspinmodel, modelsport, etc. they stopped selling that product anymore? Seem like arrma would make new next generation of EXB V2 and Kraton 6S V6?

I am sure next Kraton 6S V6 will use EXB parts.

Nobody knows man, Arrma has been dormant for quite some time. I believe their latest new release was the Fireteam (new not a revised version) in feb of 2022. I don't think they are going to release anything new, but most likely revisions of existing models.

I no longer think the discontinuation of the EXB line has anything to do with the release of the V6. Arrma is not bleeding off their BLX line. I suspect the EXB line wasn't cost effective so it got dropped. An $800.00 truck must be a hard sell.

Nobody knows man, Arrma has been dormant for quite some time. I believe their latest new release was the Fireteam (new not a revised version) in feb of 2022. I don't think they are going to release anything new, but most likely revisions of existing models.
I mean, it sort of was... But to be real it was just a revamped Mojave with some toy soldiers in a special ops sort of thing that appeals to many here. I’ve heard it handles great, though!

Fireteam was a good extension of the 6s line from a different combo of current parts. Nothing new except for the body and paint. Unfortunately I believe the covid spike is now over and demand will be going more towards pre-covid. This will mean less new releases. Also with HH in control they will need to spread development spend over many brands. Seems like Losi has been the recipient in 2023 so far. Not a ton to change with the 6s line...maybe just a facelift. Could go the TRX direction and add lights and different paint and call it a release.....or now with "wide parts".....give me a break. I agree with the above in that EXB is probably just gone for good. I prefer to upgrade myself do the wrenching...it's half the fun.

Fireteam was a good extension of the 6s line from a different combo of current parts. Nothing new except for the body and paint. Unfortunately I believe the covid spike is now over and demand will be going more towards pre-covid. This will mean less new releases. Also with HH in control they will need to spread development spend over many brands. Seems like Losi has been the recipient in 2023 so far. Not a ton to change with the 6s line...maybe just a facelift. Could go the TRX direction and add lights and different paint and call it a release.....or now with "wide parts".....give me a break. I agree with the above in that EXB is probably just gone for good. I prefer to upgrade myself do the wrenching...it's half the fun.
I agree, but HH needs to remember and embrace the fact that Arrma has the biggest market segment of “basher rigs” which is what the vast majority of RC hobbyists are into. I’m also interested in which direction everything is headed now that the EXB rollers are being systematically deleted from the lineup. We shall see.

I mean, it sort of was... But to be real it was just a revamped Mojave with some toy soldiers in a special ops sort of thing that appeals to many here. I’ve heard it handles great, though!
Thats true, didn't really think about it until you said that haha. I've seen a few Fireteams and they do seem to handle great and were pretty durable from what I saw. But ya I think its safe to say that Arrma and that other brand might take this summer off from releasing something new.

I no longer think the discontinuation of the EXB line has anything to do with the release of the V6. Arrma is not bleeding off their BLX line. I suspect the EXB line wasn't cost effective so it got dropped. An $800.00 truck must be a hard sell.
+1
100% true.
Arrma and HH is actually struggling if yu ask me, as are many other RC brands. Reducing Eliminating their slower moving inventory while trying to maintain their bottom line. Their Bean counters are running the show. HH has other sub brands that support the Parent brand. They have a few new models out. Like the Losi Promoto Bike. HH is a diversified company. The Arrma division is already bloated if you ask me. Expect more Arrma lines to be dropped. The slow sellers. The low profit margin ones. Many are outsourced to China. And we all know what that means these days. Uncertainty....... Trade wars etc., sanctions going .....all trickles down to our consumers goods. And RC is a luxury hobby at that. Most of us don't have that expendable income for the nice things. If you follow current events that is.
Predicting what new stuff will come is anyones guess. That is tightly held info. in regards.
Many of the HH brands do currently have closely held new designs/ models on paper already. Many we might see only years later. How this RC industry works.

Last edited:
Thats true, didn't really think about it until you said that haha. I've seen a few Fireteams and they do seem to handle great and were pretty durable from what I saw. But ya I think its safe to say that Arrma and that other brand might take this summer off from releasing something new.
I think the XRT wasn't that long ago and it was a pretty big release imo.

If anything I could see them doing a slight Revision on one or 2 models to bolster "some new appeal", when the Christmas Holidays arrive. Where they make their Year End $killing$. Maybe by changing a body color or adding some cheap Fluffy option. Creating YT influencer hype, while justifying an increase in price. A new Revision alone whether needed, legit or not , always increases demand along with the price. This happened with the V2 Infraction. Adding that stupid Hand brake. People were rushing out to get the V2 Infr. Turned out just to be a different body color and a useless cheap Novelty Handbrake that was so stupid. Along with a newer POS Smart radio. The V1 Infr Chassis already had the HB hole mounts. Arrma had already planned on a V2 using the HB. They plan their releases well ahead. They already know what their revisions will be. Just a matter of when they choose to release them. $Milking$ a platform to the max.
The holidays is when people are most willing to splurge, no matter how bad the state of the economy is.

Edited.

Last edited:
If anything I could see them doing a slight Revision on one or 2 models to bolster "some new appeal", when the Christmas Holidays arrive. Where they make their Year End $killing$. Maybe by changing a body color or adding some cheap Fluffy option. Then justifying an increase in price.
The holidays is when people are most willing to splurge, no matter how bad the state of the economy is.
Man I was so sure we would see something during summer. It just seems like the most logical time for people to go outside and use it. Its not over yet though! still holding out hope we get to see something soon. :ROFLMAO:

RC is in season right now. I rarely ever see releases in the middle of the season. Usually before or at the end and just before Holidays. When its more ripe for sales. Unless they are delayed releases for some Mfr'ing. or shipping reasons. Like during Covid.
The Losi Promoto seems the odd one out. Probably delayed as well. Since you can't even get one or most of their parts. It is probably an eye catcher when you see and learn of them in LHS's for the very first time.

Any idea if the Promoto MX is made in Taiwan like most of the Losi stuff???:unsure:

People who haven’t driven one are going to sit here and act like the lockup brakes on the infraction and fireteam didn’t revolutionize the RC driving experience 🤔

Finna powerslide TF outta here….

938486D1-1EC4-41E9-B6B8-B55E3C2BF637.gif

The EXB line being discontinued is no big loss IMO. I mean sure, it's nice to not have to sell off the electronics you didn't want but no big deal. The "7075" EXB bits have been criticized by many for not being legit 7075 as well. So, if one wants the "beastliest" 6s Kraton, it's just easier to start with a BLX anyways🤷‍♂️ strip it down while new, sell off the BLX parts and build up with M2C, JBIRC, Scorched or whatever..
I still feel the current 6s lineup from Arrma is the best on the market, as such, I'm not chomping at the bit for something new myself.🤷‍♂️😉🍻
To add, I hope that Arrma releases a v6 BLX that at least includes the improved "LSD" diffs. Really just want the beefier design, don't care aboot the LSD stuff myself. More hype than function IMO.

Last edited:
The EXB line being discontinued is no big loss IMO. I mean sure, it's nice to not have to sell off the electronics you didn't want but no big deal. The "7075" EXB bits have been criticized by many for not being legit 7075 as well. So, if one wants the "beastliest" 6s Kraton, it's just easier to start with a BLX anyways🤷‍♂️ strip it down while new, sell off the BLX parts and build up with M2C, JBIRC, Scorched or whatever..
I still feel the current 6s lineup from Arrma is the best on the market, as such, I'm not chomping at the bit for something new myself.🤷‍♂️😉🍻
To add, I hope that Arrma releases a v6 BLX that at least includes the improved "LSD" diffs. Really just want the beefier design, don't care aboot the LSD stuff myself. More hype than function IMO.
The EXB is better than nornal 6061 t6. You could get them for a fraction of the price of m2c at jennys. They are not bad just not to as strong as the aftermarket. If arrma puts the exb diff on the v5. The upgradebiility is almost pretty much done on the line imo

The EXB is better than nornal 6061 t6. You could get them for a fraction of the price of m2c at jennys. They are not bad just not to as strong as the aftermarket. If arrma puts the exb diff on the v5. The upgradebiility is almost pretty much done on the line imo
I suppose so. TBH, I haven't had any issues with my K6EXB, nor my brother with his v5 BLX Kraton. We're just "rashers" though so🤷‍♂️🤣🤣🍻

My guess is the EXB line of rollers and RTR's are being phased out in favor of selling only BLX RTR/Roller rigs with EXB parts as optional upgrades for those who choose to go that route. This would provide several benefits from a business perspective. First, it would reduce manufacturing costs since the RTR/Roller manufacturing lines can be specialized for BLX rigs (i.e. streamlined manufacturing). A secondary benefit would be significantly higher profits on the EXB parts since separate upgrade parts have higher profit margins than they do as being part of a RTR.

My guess is the EXB line of rollers and RTR's are being phased out in favor of selling only BLX RTR/Roller rigs with EXB parts as optional upgrades for those who choose to go that route. This would provide several benefits from a business perspective. First, it would reduce manufacturing costs since the RTR/Roller manufacturing lines can be specialized for BLX rigs (i.e. streamlined manufacturing). A secondary benefit would be significantly higher profits on the EXB parts since separate upgrade parts have higher profit margins than they do as being part of a RTR.
Likely true. However with such a rich aftermarket support, who would buy Arrma EXB parts when you can buy M2C, JBIRC, Scorched ect for a couple bucks more and have a much stronger part? The EXB diffs would be my only upgrade from BLX most likely.

Likely true. However with such a rich aftermarket support, who would buy Arrma EXB parts when you can buy M2C, JBIRC, Scorched ect for a couple bucks more and have a much stronger part? The EXB diffs would be my only upgrade from BLX most likely.
In this case the target demographic would be the mid-tier RC Car hobbyists that want the next level of performance but either have not discovered aftermarket vendors like M2C or simply don't want to spend the money for the premium parts. There are also some consumers who prefer to keep everything branded.

People who haven’t driven one are going to sit here and act like the lockup brakes on the infraction and fireteam didn’t revolutionize the RC driving experience 🤔

Finna powerslide TF outta here….

View attachment 309699
The only thing I actually like about my FT HB was the way it is mounted to the rear C Block. I yanked the whole HB out and looked over that C block mount, and it is super strong using (2) double alloy plates securing the Hinge pins. I left it there in place, because it's
way stronger than the plain old single metal plate backed plastic C block. :LOL:
I am so thankful for that FT HB C block design.:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back