Typhon Arrma Typhon - Journey To Speed Build Thread..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my motor... lol

I wanted to reassemble everything tonight but didnt have the time.. Im gonna do that tomorrow and hopefully solder the cap pack in and get everything hooked up..

Well the speed runs were a lot of fun today and went well considering where I was running it.
I need to find some where with a bit more room as my confidence with handling the Typhon at high speed is better so I'm running out of space before I can really get top end even with my lower gearing (23T/50T) that I'm currently running so with swapping out to my new set up I will definitely need more space.

@cootertwo personally I found once I'd set up my GPS speed meter properly the software isn't too bad. Managed to change the reading from Kph to Mph and data logging from today seems to be working fine. Peak speed I achieved was 65Mph.
View attachment 30829

Can't wait to see what my new pinion gear and spur set up will do but like I said I really need to find a better place to run it.
Glad I found this post. I just ran a 20T pinion for the first time today. Did 60 MPH. Got home and placed an order for a 23T and was curious what top speed I might expect.

I didn’t use the standoffs for the yeah racing fans and just mounted them directly to the heatsink on my builds. Not sure if it is better for cooling or not though ?

I didn’t use the standoffs for the yeah racing fans and just mounted them directly to the heatsink on my builds. Not sure if it is better for cooling or not though ?
View attachment 32786

yeah, i agree for sure.... I put the body on and was like, na, thats not gonna work... I took the extensions off as well.. There may be some negative air flow but i think when the car is going 60mph or more that goes away...

Without the spacers, they tend to blow air back. I thought at first I had mine wired backwards, but it's just blowing back off the heatsink.

I was gonna make some 1/2' spacers... i figured that would create flow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back