Kraton Arrmas fix for exb rear diff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear @Jason_D (Mr ARRMA) ,

I ordered my EXB on day one of availability over here in Germany. What is the best way to get the needed parts for fixing the issue under warranty? The german shop I bought it from is so far not made aware about any upgrades/updates/fixes under warranty of Arrma.

Thank you so much and very best regards
Even here in the USA, I have yet to receive any warranty help from HH other than promises of one day being sent some parts that will come at the end of the next month, the one that never comes. ?

Even here in the USA, I have yet to receive any warranty help from HH other than promises of one day being sent some parts that will come at the end of the next month, the one that never comes. ?

You might want to check with them again - I've gotten a set of active diff plates, shims and a new set of internal gears from Horizon regarding my warranty claim. I've got a new one in to try to get the thick 12x18x1.9mm shims - hoping this one goes smoothly.

You might want to check with them again - I've gotten a set of active diff plates, shims and a new set of internal gears from Horizon regarding my warranty claim. I've got a new one in to try to get the thick 12x18x1.9mm shims - hoping this one goes smoothly.
I will follow up for the fifth time eye roll ? ??✌?✌?

It would be more fast, and almost cheaper in time, to buy the slip plates and rebuild the rear diff..
Even cheaper and faster to get 12x18 shims from McMaster Carr.

+ the ohter shims that this 12x18x1.9 shim need to sit on.

Here i can get the slip plates in two days now. I have 3 set now :LOL:
I can get the shims next day from MMC. Probably would cost $2.

Not sure if everyone is made aware of these new gears but here they are:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/diff-kit-package-assembled-wrong.28516/post-395629

I'd definitely prefer these in the 29mm cup for open spec ?
Hmmmm ... I start to loose track of the various Arrma numbers and parts that are a fix / are supposed to be a fix / are just ... well whatever. And I'm tired to spend my money on buying (read paying) bits and pieces for what is essentially supposed to fix "quality issues in production".
And BTW. if it is production issues: why redesign it rather than just having more precise instructions for the production line people? Could it be, that it was "design errors"?

Soooo... I have a brand new EXB I have not yet run. I'm thinking at this point I should just run it as-is and if the diffs explode warranty them for new ones?

I would install shims under the sun gear (12x18) - you already know that is Arrma's fix - might as well just do it yourself and not have to deal with the issues of getting warranty parts who-knows-when.

I would install shims under the sun gear (12x18) - you already know that is Arrma's fix - might as well just do it yourself and not have to deal with the issues of getting warranty parts who-knows-when.
I’ve been told the end of the month 2 different times now.

I got a bit snippy with them last time they told me that... so I’ll be surprised if I get anything at all ??

I just went with @BashingBrian fix with the 12x18 shims.. and called it a day for now... now I just need to try and break it ??

https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-kraton-exb-active-differential-plates-ara310984/p1237165

https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/active-diff-plates-exb/ARA310984.html

https://hobbyhobby.com/product/418471/limited-slip-diff-plates-for-29mm-diff-case/ Ontario shop

Your LHS should do something because it is available everywhere now.

I did get an answer pretty quickly on the horizon hobby fb page about how low was the HH EU to answer. Try there maybe, because, as the part isn't out of stock in many many shops now, it isn't normal that your LHS can't get a set fast.

Last edited:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-kraton-exb-active-differential-plates-ara310984/p1237165

https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/active-diff-plates-exb/ARA310984.html

https://hobbyhobby.com/product/418471/limited-slip-diff-plates-for-29mm-diff-case/ Ontario shop

Your LHS should do something because it is available everywhere now.

I did get an answer pretty quickly on the horizon hobby fb page about how low was the HH EU to answer. Try there maybe, because, as the part isn't out of stock in many many shops now, it isn't normal that your LHS can't get a set fast.
HH has been terrible. Their shipment schedule makes no sense... seems like it doesn’t matter who’s been waiting the longest. Unless your one of their YouTube stars you get the “whenever we feel like it” schedule. I’ve watched people get parts that I know for a fact ordered after me... such is life .. ha

HH has been terrible. Their shipment schedule makes no sense... seems like it doesn’t matter who’s been waiting the longest. Unless your one of their YouTube stars you get the “whenever we feel like it” schedule. I’ve watched people get parts that I know for a fact ordered after me... such is life .. ha

I was in the same boat at the beginning with the Kraton EXB. Ordered day one after it was announced on HH EU, i was ready to wait, not an issue. But when i saw that a NL shop did receive a bunch of Kraton EXB, not a few, really many (they even started to sell spares took from brand new EXBs in box), with my order which didn't move without any answers from HH EU, this minded me a bit. Maybe it was because i finished by complaining that it wasn't normal that they finally sent me the Kraton, which came from a warehouse in the middle of nowhere in germany.

This is when i sent a message by FB to HH US, they were more prompt to reply than HH EU. With HH EU, i finally get two answers. One which said : "we should send it the next week", the second who said : " we don't know when we will get it", from two different persons.

I was in the same boat at the beginning with the Kraton EXB. Ordered day one after it was announced on HH EU, i was ready to wait, not an issue. But when i saw that a NL shop did receive a bunch of Kraton EXB, not a few, really many (they even started to sell spares took from brand new EXBs in box), with my order which didn't move without any answers from HH EU, this minded me a bit. Maybe it was because i finished by complaining that it wasn't normal that they finally sent me the Kraton, which came from a warehouse in the middle of nowhere in germany.

This is when i sent a message by FB to HH US, they were more prompt to reply than HH EU. With HH EU, i finally get two answers. One which said : "we should send it the next week", the second who said : " we don't know when we will get it", from two different persons.
Fail ??‍♂️ Glad you finally got it.. makes you wonder the logistics of their shipment plans aye?

I finally emailed them again today and told them to cancel ALL my orders that have been on back, seems like they’ve been on order for ages.

shock standoffs I saw other people are getting, diff plates that are now clearly in stock other places... and then 2 of their ESC’s ... the blx200’s.. I’m done waiting ! I’ll order when things are in stock from now on or source them from other places. I’m kinda irritated with HH customer service ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back