Premium members don't see ads. Clickhereto upgrade.

Banana plugs

Saltystevo

Reaction score
Are their different types of banana plugs?
I have to use some on my charger going into power supply.
I have these left over from audio speakers.

Should or could i use use or no? Pros and cons?
Thanks

X

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious
There are different types, yes. Personally, I would use a type that is soldered, not a screw terminal. Less possibility for intermittency.

I tend to use something like these.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Typhon 3s
Plus you have to make sure they are the correct size. They make a few different sizes. My chargers are all 4mm.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
Yes everything is 4mm.

So i got this turnigy 1080w power supply and it comes with the option of clamping down the wires (Loosen nut, put wire through post hole, screw down) or using 4 mm banana plugs.

Im no electrical expert but i would have to imagine using the clamp post would offer a more solid connection versus using a 4mm banana plug.
What do you guys think?

Heres the pic:

Last edited:

Primarrma

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Talion, Typhon 6s
The banana plugs you have will be fine if they fit, just put some heat shrink round them or tape to stop them potentially sorting out. Audio plugs if they are good quality can handle heavy currents. If you've ever seen a set of speaker cables short out will outputting music at a high level you'll feel confident in those plugs. It's like a spark you see on a car battery or a.c. power.

Personally I find banana plugs aren't always very secure and some tend to push themselves out of the socket, just check that.

Last edited:

Saltystevo

Reaction score
Didnt use banana plugs.... screw clamp works awesome and makes a super solid connection

Primarrma

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Talion, Typhon 6s
Didnt use banana plugs.... screw clamp works awesome and makes a super solid connection
Sorry mate, I just realised that I wrote are secure, I meant to write aren't. I think you've made the right choice, screw terminals are very reliable.

Premium members don't see ads. Clickhereto upgrade.