BashingBrian's Typhon transformation...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well roughly a year later....

This thing is still going strong, except multiple wing mount breaks 😩😂 (@3d-rc.myshopify.com I will be in touch with you very soon 🤔)
I've broken nothing, still running stock Arrma BLX system and it still goes like a bat out of hell..!!

IMG_3947.jpeg

Punched in the face..🤣

IMG_3951.jpeg

Finally worked out that the Corally Sketer wheels work the best, they are slightly bigger than the Proline 2.8's but have less offset.. I think it was too wide with the Prolines, now it's stance is just right 😎 If it tumbles over or traction rolls the bug body just rolls itself over 9 out 10 times 😉

IMG_3952.jpeg

Snapped the rear body posts today 😩 and wrecked the body some more..

IMG_3949.jpeg

I'm not new to painting lexan bodyshells, and I know how to clean and wash before painting, but this body just doesn't like paint 🤣 it just keeps flaking off...

IMG_3950.jpeg
IMG_3963 2.jpeg
IMG_3962 2.jpeg

So, today I decided to do a quick mask job on the windows and paint the inside in red oxide primer 🤪

IMG_3967 2.jpeg

I now have a faux rust look although it's shiny..😉🤣🤣

IMG_3968.jpeg
IMG_3969 2.jpeg

This thing is still going strong, except multiple wing mount breaks 😩😂 (@3d-rc.myshopify.com I will be in touch with you very soon 🤔)
I've broken nothing, still running stock Arrma BLX system and it still goes like a bat out of hell..!!

View attachment 220420

Punched in the face..🤣

View attachment 220424

Finally worked out that the Corally Sketer wheels work the best, they are slightly bigger than the Proline 2.8's but have less offset.. I think it was too wide with the Prolines, now it's stance is just right 😎 If it tumbles over or traction rolls the bug body just rolls itself over 9 out 10 times 😉

View attachment 220425

View attachment 220421

I'm not new to painting lexan bodyshells, and I know how to clean and wash before painting, but this body just doesn't like paint 🤣 it just keeps flaking off...

View attachment 220423View attachment 220427View attachment 220426

So, today I decided to do a quick mask job on the windows and paint the inside in red oxide primer 🤪

View attachment 220428

View attachment 220429View attachment 220430
Good I have a test part for you to try lol

View attachment 220420

Punched in the face..🤣

View attachment 220424

View attachment 220425

View attachment 220421

View attachment 220428

Good idea, the faux rust looks great!

View attachment 220420

Punched in the face..🤣

View attachment 220424

View attachment 220425

View attachment 220421

View attachment 220428

Lookin good buddy!!

View attachment 220420

Punched in the face..🤣

View attachment 220424

View attachment 220425

View attachment 220421

View attachment 220428

That looks really good Brian, the 'rust' effect shows me perfectly where ah need tae reinforce ma bug shell too, kinda arrma forum stress analysis, cheers!
Thinking ah had everything to finish it right up tae ye mentioned the googly eyes!

Well, over a year later and a quick update...

Today I broke the wheelie bar mount again ( damn pewnie bolts ;) ) so it got me thinking how could I make this thing stronger :unsure:
Also broke one of the rear body posts, here's my fix..!!

M4 through bolts..!!!

The mount below is just to show how it comes stock... mine was destroyed 😩 Basically you just use a 4.1mm drill, then drill all the way through everything, then fit the extra long M4's (y)(y)
I believe if you're not using a wheelie bar you could do the same trick but use just M3 through bolts..

IMG_7783.jpeg
IMG_7784.jpeg

I had another breakage today, but I will create a separate thread to rant in about this...🤣🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back