Bearings mayhem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody seems to agree, are they bad?
Re:Hot Racing I have a pair I'm pretty happy with on an ECX truck but it's their most expensive model (spring steel and stuff) and I've had the cheaper ones fail quickly.
Does anyone make good cvds?
Most of the good reviews are from the guys who just installed them and haven't even run the truck.
All of the research I have done says that they are not worth buying at all. There is a thread on here about their axles for the Nero not being much better than the stock ones. There is a thread over on the Ecx forums and each and every style they make for that truck breaks in one way or another.
I would much rather see MIP make axles.

Still need to test them but look good.

Attachments

• 20171223_153438.jpg
    20171223_153438.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 153
The hot racing rear rear hubs carry a 5mm inner bearing not a 4mm I wonder if between that and the design of the hot racing rear hub if this is still an issue to use the original rear axles.

Last edited:
Anyone find a solution? I keep blowing up rear inner bearings every couple runs and was thinking to get the hot racing rear alum hubs to see if it helped

Anyone find a solution? I keep blowing up rear inner bearings every couple runs and was thinking to get the hot racing rear alum hubs to see if it helped
I just installed the Hot Racing hubs. The bearings are larger and thicker compared to the original ones:
20180428_133750.jpg

I'll let you know how they perform, haven't ran 'm yet.

Yep there still is, but it's much smaller and the bearing has more space behind it so i hope less dirt will get in the bearing. To be sure i taped the axle behind the bearing with automotive paint tape. Fingers crossed!

Update: just ran the Hot Racing hubs and the bearings are stuck :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Still a lot of sand in the hubs grrr
View attachment 18643

Holy sh*t man that's a LOT of sand. Couple guys went to a hardware store and found rubber O rings that fit on the drive cup shaft and go up against the bearing to help keep the dirt out. Haven't done it myself but I've read about it on her somewhere.

Holy sh*t man that's a LOT of sand. Couple guys went to a hardware store and found rubber O rings that fit on the drive cup shaft and go up against the bearing to help keep the dirt out. Haven't done it myself but I've read about it on her somewhere.
Thanks for the tip, already tried it but the rings came lose. Think i am going to install the front cvd's in the back. Works for the Kraton but not for the Typhon

Keep us posted on how that works out.
Will do!
The Kraton front cvd's fit in the rear so i orderder the cvd's from Jenny's RC and sent a mail to Arrma Support for help with the Typhon.
I figured the Team Durango DEX8 (same design as the Typhon) has rear cvd's which are the same length as the Typhon front ones.
So something on the DEX8 must be different like slightly shorter diff cups or longer arms, or i am totally wrong o_O

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back