Best bashing prolines tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys, but I am getting confused with all this threads about tires. I just wanted to know which tire do you prefer for bashing. Preglued and vented with no holes in rims. Dboots? Backflip? I like prolines but which one? Where to buy them at cheaper price?post pictures if possible, thanks to all...
What do think about this?
@LoriLiam - For my #v3 #KRATON - I like the Proline #Trenchers if I am doing any big airs or doing any big jumps they are awesome! If I am just running on dirt and just doing some small jumping I put on my #dboots #Backflips. For Street runs, Golf Courses, or grass I love my Sweep Racing All Terrian Belted tires.

Attachments

• ProLine Trechers 3.8.jpeg
    ProLine Trechers 3.8.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 135
  • KRATON Profile pix.jpeg
    KRATON Profile pix.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 127
  • src v3 skins.jpeg
    src v3 skins.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 124
I've been searching Pro-Line's website and starting to believe they have to many tires/rim combo's.
Trencher X, Trencher 40 series, Trencher LP's, Trencher belted. Same goes for Badlands.
If you are new to this please double check which Trenchers or Badlands you are buying!

I've been searching Pro-Line's website and starting to believe they have to many tires/rim combo's.
Trencher X, Trencher 40 series, Trencher LP's, Trencher belted. Same goes for Badlands.
If you are new to this please double check which Trenchers or Badlands you are buying!
Exactly, it is the first pair of new shoes for my beast.. I am a bit confused! Some says that badlands mx38 blow as hell other says that they are too heavy , then they say better belted but if put gorilla tape inside it’s ok! Other says , make a hole in the pattern and other says nail the pattern with a nylon string... ok I am back at the starting point?. So I think I will buy 4 bald lands and put gorilla tape inside the rim, then I make holes on the pattern and finally I nik them with the nylon string?

@LoriLiam - For my #v3 #KRATON - I like the Proline #Trenchers if I am doing any big airs or doing any big jumps they are awesome! If I am just running on dirt and just doing some small jumping I put on my #dboots #Backflips. For Street runs, Golf Courses, or grass I love my Sweep Racing All Terrian Belted tires.
great look to those trenchers you have on there- do you know if the rim is a specific style/name? thanks!

What do you think about this? If you guys say me it’s ok I buy them..

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.it/ulk/itm/184168060952
I wouldn't get them. They're heavy from being belted, hard on your diffs/servo and the raid wheel hexes supposedly break far too easily.

I've gone for the pro-line shockwaves on my notorious. Not belted or tire vented but they're a good general use wheel with good grip and are slightly shorter, lighter and about as wide as backflips. I would have gone for 3.8 badlands but I think they're too small. The shockwaves are in between the sizes of badlands and backflips so I can still do wheelies/flips with less stress on servo/diffs. I taped the rim holes and vented the tyres myself with 3/32" copper tubing. Took 10 minutes.

Honestly you won't find many wheels already tyre vented, but I do know the trencher 3.8 40 series are. No rim vent holes and have just one vent hole in the tyre (should be at least 2 imo). They're slighter bigger and heavier than backflips. HOWEVER my trencher 40 series' were way, WAY too unbalanced despite pro-line's "balanced and true" description, I know other people have had the same issues with them so I sent them back

Last edited:
I wouldn't get them. They're heavy from being belted, hard on your diffs/servo and the raid wheel hexes supposedly break far too easily.

I've gone for the pro-line shockwaves on my notorious. Not belted or tire vented but they're a good general use wheel with good grip and are slightly shorter, lighter and about as wide as backflips. I would have gone for 3.8 badlands but I think they're too small. The shockwaves are in between the sizes of badlands and backflips so I can still do wheelies/flips with less stress on servo/diffs. I taped the rim holes and vented the tyres myself with 3/32" copper tubing. Took 10 minutes.

Honestly you won't find many wheels already tyre vented, but I do know the trencher 3.8 40 series are. No rim vent holes and have just one vent hole in the tyre (should be at least 2 imo). They're slighter bigger and heavier than backflips. HOWEVER my trencher 40 series' were way, WAY too unbalanced despite pro-line's "balanced and true" description, I know other people have had the same issues with them so I sent them back
Ok understand. What it’s not clear for me, which one should I take? Do have a link? Picture? Thanks
So I take the trenchers? I am confused... I can only see that every body has different ideas and opinions... I am disorientate! I only want a bigger tire that allows me to to land without hitting the chassis and to permit the servo to work in a proper way. Obviously grip should be there.. so for venting I close the hoes with to nd I drill them for venting and nail them with nylon but NOW I don’t know what I should get?

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_20200317_131014.jpg
    IMG_20200317_131014.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 68
I like these shockwaves as they're a great size, grip and don't overly balloon but you'll have to tape/vent them yourself... good all-rounder:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-li...1-2-offset-17mm-wheels/rc-car-products/376236

Or you could get these as they're big, the tyres are vented but take care because they could be really unbalanced from factory:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-li...on-tech-5-blk-wheels-2-/rc-car-products/38240
Are the trencher bigger than d boots? You thing badland are not good also if most of the people use them?

Are the trencher bigger than d boots? You thing badland are not good also if most of the people use them?
Yes, about 5mm taller and 10mm wider. And heavier!

And I think the badlands would be perfect it they were a bit bigger, like the shockwaves

I only want a bigger tire that allows me to to land without hitting the chassis and to permit the servo to work in a proper way.

This caught my eye. You DO NOT want to have your truck setup in such a way that the chassis doesn't contact the ground on big air. It's designed for that. If you have the shocks with oil so stiff, or tires that are so tall that the shocks bottom put before the chassis, your going to have many issues with snapping shock rods, shock mounts, shock ends. The shocks are more or less there to take the edge off and allow the truck to recover after a landing. They are not there to stop the chassis from making contact with the ground.

To that end, the 3.8 trenchers do add a nice bit of cushion, but my chassis still hits the ground as intended (outcast 6S, short kraton). I have mine wrapped (probably already mentioned that) with cored kevlar cord so they don't balloon and I have it geared down to 13T pinon or the stock electronics overheat (and a fan on the motor), but I do like them enough to deal with the side effects they have with temp. It still gets up around 50mph, which for most things, is plenty of speed.

Ok understand. What it’s not clear for me, which one should I take? Do have a link? Picture? Thanks

So I take the trenchers? I am confused... I can only see that every body has different ideas and opinions... I am disorientate! I only want a bigger tire that allows me to to land without hitting the chassis and to permit the servo to work in a proper way. Obviously grip should be there.. so for venting I close the hoes with to nd I drill them for venting and nail them with nylon but NOW I don’t know what I should get?
If you want a bigger tyre, go for the trencher 40 series, just take care because you might need to balance them

Tune your suspension so it raises your car too... shock positions/collars/droop screws. You must still have some chassis slap on big landings though like @olds97_lss says!

Thanks guys, after you comments I decided to buy both (badland and trencher 40), let’s see what will be. I do big airs but also smaller airs.it depends on which spot I go .. I will let you know?

Thanks guys, after you comments I decided to buy both (badland and trencher 40), let’s see what will be. I do big airs but also smaller airs.it depends on which spot I go .. I will let you know?
[/QUOTE/Good choice! I WOULD RECOMMEND upgrading your Servo vs the stock one like I did on my #v3 #KRATON & MY 6s Notorious

Attachments

• PowerHD Servo.jpg
    PowerHD Servo.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 49
Hey do you by chance have a part# for those bullet nuts on the wheels? Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back