Typhon Best RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tosuc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi guts,
which RC can you recommend in terms of price and range? Looking forward to an RC System with receiver with internal antenna and sender with normal batteries ...

Greetings,
Thomas

Hi guts,
which RC can you recommend in terms of price and range? Looking forward to an RC System with receiver with internal antenna and sender with normal batteries ...

Greetings,
Thomas
Welcome, can you tell us a little bit more about where you would like to run your rig? Do you plan on racing or bashing? Jumping off road vs racing on road? First RC car? These things will help us point you in a better direction.

Welcome, can you tell us a little bit more about where you would like to run your rig? Do you plan on racing or bashing? Jumping off road vs racing on road? First RC car? These things will help us point you in a better direction.
Onroad ... speed run ... first RC car ...

I would pick either the Infraction or the Limitless, depending on your ability to complete the build. The Infraction is ready to run out of the box. The Limitless has more speed run potential but will require electronics installed.

Onroad ... speed run ... first RC car ...
Infraction would be a good place to start. Out of the box, it will be set up for speed on the road, and it will be very fast with no mods or just a pinion change. Typhon would also be good, but it really is an offroad car, with offroad tires, and an offroad tuned suspension, and modifications are needed to really be a great speed car. Limitless is great, but needing electronics bakes it not great for new RC folks.

I am sorry ...
I'm running a Typhon 6S v3 with Tactic TTX300. I'm searching for an RC remote control with a higher range for speed runs. Sorry for my inaccurate first question ...

In regards to a new Transmitter(Tx) this post here is really going to list the better Tx options that is on the market right now.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...h-speed-controls-under-200.16098/#post-208483

I would take the names of the Tx stated in this thread and search them online to decide which one may options you want or don't want. Range on all stated Tx are very good. Couple other options I can mention as I own both of them as well, are Radiolink RC6GS or RC4GS (number signifies how many channels on the Tx)is it more expensive out of the 2 I'm listing but does more in general. Can add up 10 cars to link to the one Tx, LCD screen with far more options of trim and settings. Along with more range then you will ever need for a surface vehicle. The other Tx I would recommend is the DunboRC 2,3,4 or 6 channel. Super cheap, around $30 amazon, ebay, almost any place online. Much more simple, Steering/Throttle Trim and Rate, some reverse options, and more range then you need with this Tx as well! Good luck!

I am sorry ...
I'm running a Typhon 6S v3 with Tactic TTX300. I'm searching for an RC remote control with a higher range for speed runs. Sorry for my inaccurate first question ...
Veteran speed runners will tell you the Futaba 3PV is the one to get. I have one and range is more than I need so far. My speed runs are only about 75-100M away from me at any point so far. Haven’t had a single loss of radio yet. I’m using the R304SB-E receiver that doesn’t have an external antenna too. If I do end up running short on range later, I have the original R304SB with the external antenna too.

Veteran speed runners will tell you the Futaba 3PV is the one to get. I have one and range is more than I need so far. My speed runs are only about 75-100M away from me at any point so far. Haven’t had a single loss of radio yet. I’m using the R304SB-E receiver that doesn’t have an external antenna too. If I do end up running short on range later, I have the original R304SB with the external antenna too.
This ^
Futaba has/had the farthest range of any other surface transmitter, I can't remember the exact distance but they had to communicate via cell phone as the driver could no longer see the car, I also remember it being significantly farther than the other systems they tested.

I'm contemplating ditching the DX5C and getting a 3PV instead.

This ^
Futaba has/had the farthest range of any other surface transmitter, I can't remember the exact distance but they had to communicate via cell phone as the driver could no longer see the car, I also remember it being significantly farther than the other systems they tested.

I'm contemplating ditching the DX5C and getting a 3PV instead.
Wow. Is it that good?? I just picked up a dx5r. Maybe sell that to get the futty?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back