Kraton BicketyBam's Kraton 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@bicketybam hey man are your chassis and tower to tower braces easy to turn by hand while they are mounted in the vehicle? Mine can spin on the threads freely a couple turns before they bottom out. They have that little turnbuckle-esque cutout for a wrench on them and I'm wondering if the intent is to tighten them up with a wrench to be snug and check them between runs, or if it's best to leave them at the exact eye to eye distance.

@bicketybam hey man are your chassis and tower to tower braces easy to turn by hand while they are mounted in the vehicle? Mine can spin on the threads freely a couple turns before they bottom out. They have that little turnbuckle-esque cutout for a wrench on them and I'm wondering if the intent is to tighten them up with a wrench to be snug and check them between runs, or if it's best to leave them at the exact eye to eye distance.
They do. Since I bent the center brace and it's not completely straight, I adjusted it like a turnbuckle until it was good and stiff. The other two are fine they way they are.

I ran out of time. I just got home from the LHS. Check it out next to the Super Rock Rey ?

View attachment 54686View attachment 54687View attachment 54688

All I can say is that you really need to see this thing in person to appreciate it. I don't see how someone could have a "meh" reaction. Impressive isn't strong enough. This is a completely new truck from Arrma and it is a beast!

My 6s Kraton gets loads of attention wherever I go. I can imagine how much more attention the 8s gets. My 3s Senton gets the most attention as I've turned it into a Monster Short course truck by upgrading the shock for 1/8 scale shocks, slammin on the Granite wheels/tyres and making the wheel arches bigger... trashed the original body in 10 days so put a Killerbody on there, that I've reinforced. Body needed slight modification to get it to fit right.. it looks awesome with all the decals I've put on there but haven't taken pictures only video.. she literally flies.. absolute beast of a truck

Attachments

• 20191108_170447.jpg
    20191108_170447.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 57
@bicketybam just started my first post bash day maintenance on the k8s. I'm glad you started posting bearing sizes because I can tell that if I don't wanna do full bearing maintenance on the rear hubs after every run that had any moisture at all, it's gonna need rubber sealed at least throughout the rear right away. It's about 45 minutes from the track to my house and just in that time the rear hubs were so stiff I had to service them fully to prevent total freeze. And I hate servicing bearings.

If you tighten them some do not line up with the slots. I doubt it matters but if you want them tight adding shims or washers is the way to go.

@bicketybam just started my first post bash day maintenance on the k8s. I'm glad you started posting bearing sizes because I can tell that if I don't wanna do full bearing maintenance on the rear hubs after every run that had any moisture at all, it's gonna need rubber sealed at least throughout the rear right away. It's about 45 minutes from the track to my house and just in that time the rear hubs were so stiff I had to service them fully to prevent total freeze. And I hate servicing bearings.
I started my bearings tonight ???

If you tighten them some do not line up with the slots. I doubt it matters but if you want them tight adding shims or washers is the way to go.
Sorry I'm somewhat
I started my bearings tonight ???
You doing all of them at once? How'd that first rear diff bearing hold up?

Sorry I'm somewhat
Remove them from the car and screw each end down tight and you will see they don’t line up anymore. If you tighten them down on the car the one end will tighten and the other loosens up. To get them tight and lined up you need to add a shim or washers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back