Kraton BicketyBam's Kraton 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to Hobby Town in Toms River NJ to order mine , I was able to trade in some rc's for a down payment . The store is huge ,
big arrma inventory . Long story short I gave them a call a while back just for the heck of it and asked if they had the Outcast 10th anniversary , :love: I was shocked when he said yes and he would put it on the side for me . Good people there ! Worth the trip
for SURE .

I went to Hobby Town in Toms River NJ to order mine , I was able to trade in some rc's for a down payment . The store is huge ,
big arrma inventory . Long story short I gave them a call a while back just for the heck of it and asked if they had the Outcast 10th anniversary , :love: I was shocked when he said yes and he would put it on the side for me . Good people there ! Worth the trip
for SURE .

you went all the way to toms river to go to a shop??? there are none on long island?

you went all the way to toms river to go to a shop??? there are none on long island?
Yeh I was in the area at the time , and honestly really wanted that outcast , lets just say I haven't had great experiences
hear on long island with hobby shops , how many times can I let some one bark at me like iam there 10 year old son . :rolleyes:

Yeh I was in the area at the time , and honestly really wanted that outcast , lets just say I haven't had great experiences
hear on long island with hobby shops , how many times can I let some one bark at me like iam there 10 year old son . :rolleyes:

shadow hobbies in woodland park, nj is real good... thats where i go... its prob closer to you than toms river...

shadow hobbies in woodland park, nj is real good... thats where i go... its prob closer to you than toms river...
Awesome good to know , yeh its an hour drive I will check it out , any bmx tracks near there ?

Awesome good to know , yeh its an hour drive I will check it out , any bmx tracks near there ?

there are a bunch of skateparks just over the bridges. i like to use my kicker to jump my trucks... all you need is a parking lot and a good landing or step up ideally... if you ever want to bash let me know...golf courses are the best but it has to be a beat a$$ plublic course that nobody cares about...

there are a bunch of skateparks just over the bridges. i like to use my kicker to jump my trucks... all you need is a parking lot and a good landing or step up ideally... if you ever want to bash let me know...golf courses are the best but it has to be a beat a$$ plublic course that nobody cares about...
Yes I would like to bash ......

maybe we can meet at the hobby shop , check it out , and go from there....

My information conflicts with bickitybams. My LHS is the largest ARRMA dealer in the Midwest, I’m personal friends with the owner and have been for 30 years, yeah I’m old , lol. They have several of the 10th anniversary trucks, I personally bought two, and there are more on the shelf. The trucks ship on the 25th from the Illinois warehouse. They are officially released on Sunday, my LHS agreed to sell me the demo they have on Sunday. Shop will have Kraton 8s for sale on Tuesday the 26th. Anything ordered before noon the day before comes next day, as we are one day shipping from HH. Maybe yours comes in December due to shipping from Illinois, but I bet they show up earlier than that. Food for thought. Also why buy the smart batteries if your going to put XT90’s on them? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard, you just eliminated your ability to get telemetry data by removing the EC5’s with the data wire, if your going to change the connectors why buy the more expensive smart batteries. XT 90s are inferior to EC5 anyways, ec5 flow 150 amps continuous and Xt 90 are 90 amps, just saying

My information conflicts with bickitybams. My LHS is the largest ARRMA dealer in the Midwest, I’m personal friends with the owner and have been for 30 years, yeah I’m old , lol. They have several of the 10th anniversary trucks, I personally bought two, and there are more on the shelf. The trucks ship on the 25th from the Illinois warehouse. They are officially released on Sunday, my LHS agreed to sell me the demo they have on Sunday. Shop will have Kraton 8s for sale on Tuesday the 26th. Anything ordered before noon the day before comes next day, as we are one day shipping from HH. Maybe yours comes in December due to shipping from Illinois, but I bet they show up earlier than that. Food for thought. Also why buy the smart batteries if your going to put XT90’s on them? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard, you just eliminated your ability to get telemetry data by removing the EC5’s with the data wire, if your going to change the connectors why buy the more expensive smart batteries. XT 90s are inferior to EC5 anyways, ec5 flow 150 amps continuous and Xt 90 are 90 amps, just saying
I had originally planned on running the smart batteries with the stock ESC. No connector change. I then decided to go with a Max5 with XT90's and NOT get the smart batteries. Follow?

That's great you have a relationship with the largest Arrma dealer in the Midwest. Enjoy the new truck ???

I had originally planned on running the smart batteries with the stock ESC. No connector change. I then decided to go with a Max5 with XT90's and NOT get the smart batteries. Follow?

That's great you have a relationship with the largest Arrma dealer in the Midwest. Enjoy the new truck ???
I didn’t read that you were changing ESC’s. The max5 is more suited to this truck for sure as would a larger motor. I want to play with the telemetry stuff, but once it’s newness wears off, I’ll probably do as you, and put in a Max5. Hopi g I can retro fit a 1/5th hitec 845wp on that new servo saver deal as well.

There are a Few LHS's on L.I but most of them are Traxxass shops.(n) And the one I used to use, Willis Hobbies... forget about them. They are wall to wall Traxxas. They got rid of all the other big brands. I always tease the owner about the Arrmas. I just get paint and supplies from him.

I didn’t read that you were changing ESC’s. The max5 is more suited to this truck for sure as would a larger motor. I want to play with the telemetry stuff, but once it’s newness wears off, I’ll probably do as you, and put in a Max5. Hopi g I can retro fit a 1/5th hitec 845wp on that new servo saver deal as well.
If the case is longer than 60mm, it won't fit in the tray.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back