Kraton BicketyBam's Kraton 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the case is longer than 60mm, it won't fit in the tray.
I agree, that the K8S servo is no longer "standard size " as we see in most 1/10 through 1/8 scale. And the modular tray design may limited with many other large scale servos.

I agree, that the K8S servo is no longer "standard size " as we see in most 1/10 through 1/8 scale. And the modular tray design may limited with many other large scale servos.
It's 1/6 scale size. That's the problem.

Totally agree that it's on the small end of 1/5 but when you see it in person your asshole will pucker!???

Couldn't agree more. The LHS closest to me got an orange one in. You just can't get a sense for how big it is until you see it in person. Sadly can't pick one up until the 5th since that's when ARRMA said it could walk out the door.

Last edited:
A 49mm diameter "can" may have more grunt. 110mm can length may be the limit for the K8S due to space limitations.
I’m hoping some of the new 1/6th scale hobbystar motors will fit.
https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/h...shless-sensorless-motor-1-7-scale-1580kv.html
Maximum motor size is 56113, so 56mm diameter and 113mm long.
That’s off of the ARRMA website under specs. Then electronics.
@bicketybam is talking about The Servo dimension I believe.... :unsure: 60mm depth max. allowed? I don't believe shimming a few mm is possible due to steering geometry etc. and its relationship to that unique servo saver. I bet aftermarket may address that.

Last edited:
A 49mm diameter "can" may have more grunt. 110mm can length may be the limit for the K8S due to space limitations.

@bicketybam is talking about The Servo dimension I believe.... :unsure: 60mm depth max. allowed? I don't believe shimming a few mm is possible due to steering geometry etc. and its relationship to that unique servo saver. I bet aftermarket may address that.
Watch my unboxing vid and you will see what I am talking about.

The Kraton 8s is truly an amazing vehicle, got to see it in person today. ? looking forward to your vids.
I drooled all over it yesterday ??? and the color I want❤
20191122_153630.jpg

@bicketybam I'm arguing with some dude on FB about your video right now. Doesn't seem to understand that motors pull all the current that the esc allows so he's arguing the esc upgrades in this scenario will do nothing. But it's good I have a lot of red wine and time left tonight to be belligerent on FB

@bicketybam I'm arguing with some dude on FB about your video right now. Doesn't seem to understand that motors pull all the current that the esc allows so he's arguing the esc upgrades in this scenario will do nothing. But it's good I have a lot of red wine and time left tonight to be belligerent on FB
Tell him to eat a bag of peepee's! ????
I did not type peepee's???

I did not type peepee's???
I just honestly get super pod whenever I'm on FB rc pages and I get pointlessly irritated. They're a necessary evil at times for videos and information but I can't stand at the side when someone says bam put in a max5 for no reason. It's like boondock saints and the good men doing nothing thing lmao. Anyway sorry too much Thanksgiving "spirits" don't mind me.

I just honestly get super pod whenever I'm on FB rc pages and I get pointlessly irritated. They're a necessary evil at times for videos and information but I can't stand at the side when someone says bam put in a max5 for no reason. It's like boondock saints and the good men doing nothing thing lmao. Anyway sorry too much Thanksgiving "spirits" don't mind me.
That's why I don't post a lot on Facebook brother.... Especially rc sites! Too many know it all's that are probably 12!???
That's why I don't post a lot on Facebook brother.... Especially rc sites! Too many know it all's that are probably 12!???
Drink on and breathe ? Ed is no newb ????

Watched it, and subbed, I’m going to call my LHS and see if they will sell it to me today, how did you get them to sell it to ya? Cool!
I tried hard too. I even showed them the 1K in my wallet to no avail. I finally got the owner to spill that Arrma made them sign that they would not sell it until the official shipping date which is the 6th. I guess some shops DGAF when green is involved. Just in case, I put my own lock on it so it can't be ran. Yes, I did come prepared :LOL: The one thing I refuse to understand is that Horizon has all the ability to announce a car & have it available nationwide the same day, but they still let Arrma mostly control their pathetic no cars, no parts, mega hype sell practices. ALL of Losi releases dating back to the 1st 1/10 Rock Rey were in my LHS the same day as release. OTOH, in the last 3 yrs, only the Mojave was there for Arrma. I also know that they get the Losi stuff about a week in advance while they might or might not get it on the shipping date with Arrma. They were surprised that the Mojave actually showed up because they were watching Arrma under the hood video of it when FedEx came with 5 of them. This is what is pissing off ppl at my LHS. I know that only 2 of the Kratons have buyers . . . the same 2 that bought the Mojave. BTW, if you're wondering when they got the Maxx, it was the same damn day it showed up on Trx's website, the demo & 10 production models :rolleyes:, & Trx didn't make them sign anything. I could have walked out with the demo if I wanted to, but instead, I drove it until I screwed the rear diff :ROFLMAO:

Yeah alot guys don't understand. The motor creates the amp draw. Brushed or brushless. It's an old concept. The ESC can only deliver what it was designed to output to that motor. The battery is also part of the ESC equation. But for some guys that gets too complicated. And there are too many armchair quarterbacks on FB that never threw a football before.:LOL:

Yeah alot guys don't understand. The motor creates the amp draw. Brushed or brushless. It's an old concept. The ESC can only deliver what it was designed to output to that motor. The battery is also part of the ESC equation. But for some guys that gets too complicated. And there are too many armchair quarterbacks on FB that never threw a football before.:LOL:
I put the Max5 in for one reason: I'm going to be adding an aftermarket motor that would be too much for the stock ESC. Now as to what motor that ends up being, I haven't decided. But I will definitely be going bigger so I figured I might as well get the ESC side sorted now ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back