BicketyBam's Kraton EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Savox 1210sg doesn't fit? That sucks. I bought it for my exb. Hope I can make it work.

I think you will have to shim it up with some washers as it is a tall servo. You can definitely make it work. I just didn't feel like trying.

Congratulations on the new rig Ed... looking forward to seeing the first video Of it going off the Big Bethel berm... ??
Is the future Mrs. Bam gonna let you still use that table as your workbench ? Asking for a friend ?

Couple of things worth noting. You need to remove the "spring" from the front bumper in order to access the front differential.
20200721_095321.jpg
20200721_095336.jpg

That said, I'm still trying to get the diff out of the bulkhead. I don't know how they fit it in.

One other note. You still get bushings in the steering. It would have been nice if they used bearings.

20200721_100627.jpg

I found this interesting. They cut the chassis so that it could fit the diff with the ring gear on either side. Hmmmm...

20200721_100630.jpg

Couple of things worth noting. You need to remove the "spring" from the front bumper in order to access the front differential.
View attachment 90521View attachment 90519
That said, I'm still trying to get the diff out of the bulkhead. I don't know how they fit it in.

One other note. You still get bushings in the steering. It would have been nice if they used bearings.

View attachment 90518

I found this interesting. They cut the chassis so that it could fit the diff with the ring gear on either side. Hmmmm...

View attachment 90517
All good info to know ! ??

That is weird about the dual cutouts ...

I agree on the strange cut for the diff.....exploded view pic doesn't show it. Wonder if that makes a weak spot for no good reason?

And one last note for @robert@castle. The battery leads on all your ESC's are ridiculously short but we can squeak by for most of them. But the 8S ESC really needs leads longer than this. This is a friggin' joke. Come on. It's a no brainer. Are they trying to save money with the shorter wires? ?

The longer the wires are the harder it is on the ESC because the wires increase ripple. The closer the battery and external cap packs are to the ESC, the better. It is the same length wires as we have on the Monster X, putting longer wires on it was never a thing we thought about doing. We were debating if we needed to use a larger gauge of wire, but the length was never questioned. We generally recommend people wire a harness like Rcproponent showed.

The Savox 1210sg doesn't fit? That sucks. I bought it for my exb. Hope I can make it work.
Why doesn't the Sav. 1210 fit?? A standard servo....
Where is the problem??
Scratching my head on that one. :cool:
I think you will have to shim it up with some washers as it is a tall servo. You can definitely make it work. I just didn't feel like trying.
Shimming servos is common place for accommodating height. And it should float ( not touch bottom of chassis). No prob. I thought there was other dimensional issues, thats all. (y) :cool:
Longer wires would have messed up the kanooter valve trans-functioner and shorted out the congibeator (con-gib-e-ator) inside the rectifier modular twin screw extruder. Don't ya know?
I agree with you. (y) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I wonder why out the box they have limited slip only at the center and front. This according to Arrma's video release..... or am I wrong?
The 29mm limited slip diff. part descrip. states front or rear. I guess to alter the setup....The EXB is totally revamped... worth the coin for sure.(y)
@bicketybam, your builds always leads the way for others. Nice thread. JD is watching for sure.(y):cool:

The longer the wires are the harder it is on the ESC because the wires increase ripple. The closer the battery and external cap packs are to the ESC, the better. It is the same length wires as we have on the Monster X, putting longer wires on it was never a thing we thought about doing. We were debating if we needed to use a larger gauge of wire, but the length was never questioned. We generally recommend people wire a harness like Rcproponent showed.
I honestly think my leads are way too long. I will revise this when making one for my 2 new kraton builds I’ll be doing shortly. Stay tuned, more to come. I’ll be bickety’s twin... think there will be slight differences but this is all good info to have ??

Longer than necessary leads always interferes with the kanooter valving. Govern yourself accordingly. :ROFLMAO:
All kidding aside, I never felt much of a relationship between length of wire impacting ripple volts. At least I never attributed increased resistance over wire length to be a primary factor of higher ripple volts. Ripple volts is directly related to motor Phasing on the drive side output of the ESC which is addressed with a suitable Cap pack wired within 1 inch of the ESC's +/- at the ESC's board. I don't understand Robert@Castle. Higher gauge wiring is always in order. 8S should be 8 gauge regardless. And of course, shortest wiring as feasibly possible is the rule with any rig. :cool:

Last edited:
There are two issues with the Savox 1210 (actually 3 if you add in how overpriced they are.)

1. You need to shim it a lot to fit this new mount. It's not even close.

2. The opening is so tight and the Savox servo lead is higher up thus making it nearly impossible to fit the servo in without damaging the wires.

20200721_113608.jpg

This servo will be coming out once I get my Amazon special.
I wonder why out the box they have limited slip only at the center and front. This according to Arrma's video release..... or am I wrong?
The 29mm limited slip diff. part descrip. states front or rear. I guess to alter the setup....The EXB is totally revamped... worth the coin for sure.(y)
@bicketybam, your builds always leads the way for others. Nice thread. JD is watching for sure.(y):cool:
Limited slip in the center and front only. I opened all 3.

I figured I'd start my build thread here. I picked it up about an hour ago and decided to run the Castle MMX8S 1717-1650kv combo. I'm going to start with a 23t on 6S. I'll update as I build it up.

View attachment 90445View attachment 90446
Awesome stuff!!! @bicketybam Because of you I called my LHS (Branford Hobbies) and am going to pick one up now. Can't wait!

Update: The 4 that came in were pre orders. One of the customers was hesitant and asked if he could hold it. He said no and I called 10 minutes later. Lucky me!!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back