Big Rock Big Rock Crew Cab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also found the steering to be super sensitive.
Interesting. I came home from work last night and had a few beers. At about 11pm I decided to go outside with the Big Rock and found the steering to be sensitive as well.... so I blamed it on the beer. I only ran it for about five minutes on 2s.
@bicketybam were you able to get it manageable on the stock tires at least after changing expo? Before swapping tires?

Interesting. I came home from work last night and had a few beers. At about 11pm I decided to go outside with the Big Rock and found the steering to be sensitive as well.... so I blamed it on the beer. I only ran it for about five minutes on 2s.
@bicketybam were you able to get it manageable on the stock tires at least after changing expo? Before swapping tires?

Yes. But I really had to up the exp to like 50%

I just ran a 2s pack through it and my initial impression is a 4 / 5 stars.
Good speed, truck looks great and feels tight, corners on a dime, fun enough and different than other trucks I own. Appears to be a dream to work on which is big for me. I'm still pretty new at all this compared to most of you guys and I get nervous when I have to disassemble a lot at one time. Confidence is improving every day though. :unsure::nailbiting:
In dense grass while cornering I get some rubbing at the rear fender well / rear tire. Tires don't offer much traction but maybe best the way the truck is set up to corner and turn so tight. No wheelies so far on 2s but maybe make it work tightening the slipper. I probably won't do that though unless I can't get the front end up on 3s.

I plan to but I kinda want a truck or two around I can share with friends and family that are new and curious. My intention is to try to hook these guys so I can have more options to run with others. I'm going out now to try 3s now that I have a pack charged.

I plan to but I kinda want a truck or two around I can share with friends and family that are new and curious. My intention is to try to hook these guys so I can have more options to run with others. I'm going out now to try 3s now that I have a pack charged.

haha...thats the same tactic I have been using....

How did it go with the 3s?

Last edited:
Just a matter of taste... The looks of the body (shape, color, lack of decals and chrome bumpers) just doesn't appeal to me.

How did it go with the 3s?
I enjoyed it on 3s quite a bit more. No snow here so on dry pavement I get good wheelies. The truck is fast and light and kinda feels a little squirrely with all that steering at high speeds. It's certainly not one to hammer the trigger for long and gonna be tough to get a good speed run stock. On the trigger though, it does punch up quick and will probably be great fun on dry dirt. I didn't get to pull out the ramps but will soon. Maybe tomorrow.
I'm disappointed in the rubbing of the tire on the wheel well and found that it's actually most prominent in the front but I also get it in the back as I mentioned above. So far this only happens in lush grass. Our lawns here in South Louisiana are composed of dense St Augustine and we haven't been cold enough yet to have it die back. I rolled the truck a few times but it sure can take it.

Just a matter of taste... The looks of the body (shape, color, lack of decals and chrome bumpers) just doesn't appeal to me.
For me, I kinda like that it's free of decals but do wish they offered alternate body colors. The chrome also takes me getting used to I guess because during my coming of age to drive in real life, Hot Rods were stripped of all chrome and even "blacked out." I'm not big on chrome. This truck is interesting. When I'm driving it, I imagine it to be a contractor's work truck in a way. lol Not really a racer but powerful and "kinda scale" if that makes sense.

All in all, I'm not remorseful at all that I picked it up because I have short course and I have monster trucks. It's a neat one to add to the collection. If I buy another, it'll probably be the Granite next but I can see myself having all three eventually at this price point....and my Slash is a 2wd so a 4wd sct would fit in. I don't plan to buy any brand other than Arrma for a long time if ever. Hopefully Arrma will continue to improve in great ways with the merger.
I'm also looking forward to some aftermarket parts for this line.

20181117_165737.jpg
20181117_165751.jpg

It's a Granite with the fun stripped out of it ;)
bahh! Haha. :p I had a great time running mine today. Scared up some neighborhood cats and chased down by little poop-eater dogs.
I ran it on some low cut grass and dirt over big acorns and it pleased me. I may try some new tires but I honestly don't hate these stock ones yet. Wanted to try the ones on my mt10e but offset seems too deep just looking at it. I'll try next when I have more time.

what? getting people to play with RC?
I'm motivated to get more people involved. I have younger nephews and cousins that spend more time in video games and Fortnite than they should. When the weather is nice, go out and bash! "Play Fortnite after homework and before bed... Learn to work on your vehicles and make em faster and stronger,".....is what I tell em. lol
As a good enabling uncle, I'll help em if they need parts but only if they wrench on it themselves. ;)

Looking at the pic side by side of the two, looks like the big rock wheel has a little more offset, this true? Converting my senton and if my stablemaxx wheels aren't wide enough when they arrive might just hit ebay for some granite or big rock oems.

Looking at the pic side by side of the two, looks like the big rock wheel has a little more offset, this true? Converting my senton and if my stablemaxx wheels aren't wide enough when they arrive might just hit ebay for some granite or big rock oems.
Don't get the stock BRCC wheels. They suck.

So just finished checking the truck and preparing it for the first run tomorrow.
Swapped all the bearings for sealed ones, shimmed here and there, sorted the motor wires, checked the pinion, soldered a XT90 connector and set the punch to level 2. See how that works out on 3s.
The truck is wel build, feels strong and is very easy to work on. I like the new 1 screw motor mount and electronic unit.
4 upgrades so far: T-bone front bumper, Granite wheels, sealed bearings and ordered a new servo (20kg). The stock one will do but is very slow and weak. I like strong and fast servo's, just preference.

2 minors: the diffs don't come out as easy as 'just pull them'. It felt if i would pull any harder something would break, so i got some more screws out. Maybe it's a trick i don't master yet, like flipping a pancake.

The included red wrench is ridicoulus. The plastic is so soft it flips around the wheel nut, totally useless. I have a lot of tools but this is a beginners rc and therefore they include the wrench. Arrma should improve this.

At last the very tight gear mesh. The drivetrain has a lot of resistance because of this, not smooth at all. With metal gears this will overheat your motor. I'll keep an eye on it, mayby it gets better after a few runs. This is my first rc with a plastic gear.

Tomorrow it will hit the dirt!

1542665752010378691455809328424.jpg
15426658327658228415350204161108.jpg

Oh so clean!
What's that cover on the fan? is it to keep debris out? doesn't it effect the cooling?
I know...like a first date!
Yes, it's a fan cover. It keeps rocks and gras out of the fan, i use it on all my rc cars. It doesn't affect the airflow. At least not noticable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back