Typhon Bought an typhon v4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Today finally got my typhon 6s v4 !

Didn't drive an inch with it,
First want to check the diffs ,if there filled..lots of people over here saying to check that first so as a noob better to follow your advices .

As I can see the tyres are glued so that's good.

Also bought some connectors and cables to charge with my new turnigy d6 charger, it only came with an power cable for DC.

Now learning how the charger works..

Also I want to directly change the reciever and transmitter to the tactic ttx300 ,maybe someone got some easy way to do this?
Or is it just open the recieverbox and change the reciever and bind?

so if anyone got some more tips or advice there more than welcome !

Attachments

• 20190619_210826.jpg
    20190619_210826.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 59

First want to check the diffs ,if there filled..lots of people over here saying to check that first so as a noob better to follow your advices .

Also bought some connectors and cables to charge with my new turnigy d6 charger, it only came with an power cable for DC.

Also I want to directly change the reciever and transmitter to the tactic ttx300 ,maybe someone got some easy way to do this?

Great car you have there. In regards to the tactic radio, I'd recommend downloading a copy of the v3 manuals, they have very detailed and clear instructions on how to bind your receiver to the transmitter and how to calibrate your esc(really important).

As far as the diffs go, I will say I've run all my cars without checking the internals, but when I have pulled them down they have been ok, not perfect, but acceptable.

The tyres will need checking after each run, especially hard running on 6s.

The only tips I can give are be prepared for a lot of power, so if your new to rc or come from brushed vehicles, go to an open area the first time you drive.

Check the failsafe is set when you do the binding of the radio(I do this by gentle applying throttle with the car off the ground, hold it on, while turning off the radio, it should stop the wheels spinning).

Enjoy, it's a weapon.

Wohooo! Eindelijk! En toch nog lekker bij de typhon gebleven!

Great car you have there. In regards to the tactic radio, I'd recommend downloading a copy of the v3 manuals, they have very detailed and clear instructions on how to bind your receiver to the transmitter and how to calibrate your esc(really important).

As far as the diffs go, I will say I've run all my cars without checking the internals, but when I have pulled them down they have been ok, not perfect, but acceptable.

The tyres will need checking after each run, especially hard running on 6s.

The only tips I can give are be prepared for a lot of power, so if your new to rc or come from brushed vehicles, go to an open area the first time you drive.

Check the failsafe is set when you do the binding of the radio(I do this by gentle applying throttle with the car off the ground, hold it on, while turning off the radio, it should stop the wheels spinning).

Enjoy, it's a weapon.

Thanks for the tips!
I'll download it first thing in the morning and see itself I can instal the tactic and get it calibrated.

I've got myself an 4s to begin with so let's see.

Also gonna check the failsafe tomorrow.

Wohooo! Eindelijk! En toch nog lekker bij de typhon gebleven!
Ja de typhon trok me toch meer aan dan de notorious haha

Thanks for the tips!
I'll download it first thing in the morning and see itself I can instal the tactic and get it calibrated.

I've got myself an 4s to begin with so let's see.

Also gonna check the failsafe tomorrow.

Ja de typhon trok me toch meer aan dan de notorious haha
Haha! Mooi! Toemen?

Today replaced the spectrum for the tactic and it works!

Also checked the failsafe and the center diff.

Only I cant get the frond diff house or holder open... removed the 4 screws but it stays closed? Do I need to use a screwdriver to get it open with force or?

It's my first rc (actually second with the granite for my son) so kinda unknown with these things

Did you disconnect the sway bars?

Half..on the front I took off the little plastic plate behind the carbon looking cover where the sway bar goes under but on the sides I don't know how to loosen that ones.

In the manual it looks different
Do I just need to pull or?

Attachments

• 20190620_211215.jpg
    20190620_211215.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 42
Half..on the front I took off the little plastic plate behind the carbon looking cover where the sway bar goes under but on the sides I don't know how to loosen that ones.

I force the cup off the ball with a screw driver, but you can undo the 1.5mm grub/adjustment screw in the ball end and slide them off the sway bar.

The grub screws are in either side of this, usually not both, don't tighten them up too much when you put them back as the plastic can split easily. Once these are loose the plastic bits will slide off the end.
20190621_052346.jpg

Hey guys. Since you guys are bilingual, can you tell me what the first 4 words of this song mean? ?

I always tought that was from The Offspring but they just stole it from Def Leppard :LOL:

But it's not Dutch, it sounds more like German but it's also not correct German.
This is the official explanation:
The song begins with "Gunter glieben glauten globen", a German-like nonsense phrase introduced by Mutt Lange, who is of German descent. According to the official Def Leppard FAQ,
Today replaced the spectrum for the tactic and it works!

Also checked the failsafe and the center diff.

Only I cant get the frond diff house or holder open... removed the 4 screws but it stays closed? Do I need to use a screwdriver to get it open with force or?

It's my first rc (actually second with the granite for my son) so kinda unknown with these things

I disconnect the sway bar on the grub screws and use the sway bar as a leverage, sometimes even a screwdriver, sometimes it needs some force to open the diff housing.

Another tip, be carefull when you close the diff housing, you can easily overtighten the screws and then you damage the plastic windings which can cause play on the diff and wear out the main input gear. That happened to me and I had to order it in the US because nobody had it in stock in Europe.
It's even better to shim the diff to take out the play, but I guess you first want to run the car.

Last edited:

The outboard ends of the sway bar are held in those little Ts by timy grub screws, so I think they need to be loosened, or you could detach the balls (I think, that might be Bad).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back