Kraton Boy... do I appreciate Arrma now! šŸ˜

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently picked up a used XMAXX. It was pretty cheap and a little beat up. I found a crack in the chassis which is only a $22 part. So I replaced it. It's my first XMAXX and I always wanted to see what they were made of. Man! Sorry but I felt like I was playing with Legos! I know they are pretty tough because they are flexable... bla bla bla. But It really feels like a glorified toy to me. After I was done I did some work on my Krajave and wow! It easier to work on, more solid and well layed out and so so so much better looking! I am selling the XMAXX now! šŸ¤£
Thatā€™s why donā€™t get what the hell people are talking about when they speak of traxxas. Their vehicle feel like toys and donā€™t really display the power that the video clips show. Youā€™ll see people racing an armma and traxxas side by side, and they look as if toe to toe, but that says more about the people behind the controllers than it does about the rcs. Traxxas sucks. Enjoy that krajave

Thatā€™s why donā€™t get what the hell people are talking about when they speak of traxxas. Their vehicle feel like toys and donā€™t really display the power that the video clips show. Youā€™ll see people racing an armma and traxxas side by side, and they look as if toe to toe, but that says more about the people behind the controllers than it does about the rcs. Traxxas sucks. Enjoy that krajave
What does this say about the kraton and outcast 8s as Traxxas definitely kicks arrma ass when it comes to big scale.

I recently picked up a used XMAXX. It was pretty cheap and a little beat up. I found a crack in the chassis which is only a $22 part. So I replaced it. It's my first XMAXX and I always wanted to see what they were made of. Man! Sorry but I felt like I was playing with Legos! I know they are pretty tough because they are flexable... bla bla bla. But It really feels like a glorified toy to me. After I was done I did some work on my Krajave and wow! It easier to work on, more solid and well layed out and so so so much better looking! I am selling the XMAXX now! šŸ¤£
all the traxxas cars have a toy look I think. thought about the XRT for a minute but reminds me too much of toys r us šŸ˜

What does this say about the kraton and outcast 8s as Traxxas definitely kicks arrma ass when it comes to big scale.
Well I converted my arrma fireteam to 8s and upgrade several parts to heavy duty and itā€™s no joke. Iā€™ll put it up against any big scale 8s but I donā€™t know anyone in my area who has any big clumsy 1/5 clunkers.
all the traxxas cars have a toy look I think. thought about the XRT for a minute but reminds me too much of toys r us šŸ˜
But also, Iā€™ve never bought an 8s armma rc. I have driven a Mojave and itā€™s a piece of crap. Like a trash can on wheels.

Last edited:
Well I converted my arrma fireteam to 8s and upgrade several parts to heavy duty and itā€™s no joke. Iā€™ll put it up against any big scale 8s but I donā€™t know anyone in my area who has any big clumsy 1/5 clunkers.

But also, Iā€™ve never bought an 8s armma rc. I have driven a Mojave and itā€™s a piece of crap. Like a trash can on wheels.
You definitely have an interesting opinion. The mojave is one of the toughest rigs arrma makes and I've yet to actually even break mine and i've run into curbs, barrel rolled down the street and even sent it off my ramp.

I also have a fireteam and I even had a big can tp 5692 motor in it. Had to take it out because the weight was nuts and bearings kept exploding in the wheels =(

You definitely have an interesting opinion. The mojave is one of the toughest rigs arrma makes and I've yet to actually even break mine and i've run into curbs, barrel rolled down the street and even sent it off my ramp.

I also have a fireteam and I even had a big can tp 5692 motor in it. Had to take it out because the weight was nuts and bearings kept exploding in the wheels =(
They are tough but Iā€™m only measuring them based on their abilities. I like racing and making big jumps but landing and keeping it movingā€”not just bashing. So I adjust all my cars accordingly.

The fire team is nice. I donā€™t like the body but love it because itā€™s different. I did remove the men. But as I said, there are parts that you can exchange that can take the extra pound and a half of weight (and remember that the arrma fireteam is a mojave platform so it can deal with the extra weightā€”Iā€™m using an 8s firma. I removed a lot of the other unnecessary weight even the rear break system. You definitely have to get better bearings and play around with the differential and shock oils because it must be adjusted to deal with the extra power. With batteries in, I got it to weigh in at 15.5lb and itā€™s powerful, fast and handles really good! My kraton 6s v5 is 13.5lb and itā€™s a beast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back