Kraton Boy... do I appreciate Arrma now! šŸ˜

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I recently picked up a used XMAXX. It was pretty cheap and a little beat up. I found a crack in the chassis which is only a $22 part. So I replaced it. It's my first XMAXX and I always wanted to see what they were made of. Man! Sorry but I felt like I was playing with Legos! I know they are pretty tough because they are flexable... bla bla bla. But It really feels like a glorified toy to me. After I was done I did some work on my Krajave and wow! It easier to work on, more solid and well layed out and so so so much better looking! I am selling the XMAXX now! šŸ¤£

I bought an X-Maxx to get back into the hobby and I don't want to say I hate it, but I wish I had bought a couple of others trucks instead of the X.

I don't mind working on it, but it drives like a big toy to me and they aren't as bulletproof as made out by every YouTuber with a click bait title

I recently picked up a used XMAXX. It was pretty cheap and a little beat up. I found a crack in the chassis which is only a $22 part. So I replaced it. It's my first XMAXX and I always wanted to see what they were made of. Man! Sorry but I felt like I was playing with Legos! I know they are pretty tough because they are flexable... bla bla bla. But It really feels like a glorified toy to me. After I was done I did some work on my Krajave and wow! It easier to work on, more solid and well layed out and so so so much better looking! I am selling the XMAXX now! šŸ¤£
I kinda thought like you before I got my first traxxas. the XRT. After seeing it in person I think it looks amazing. I haven't had to work on it much as it's durable af and hasn't really broken yet but I do think my arrma rigs will probably be easier to work on but I can't really comment on that yet.

My arrma 8s rigs really can't even compare in durability though. Not even close. I have 23 or 24 arrmas and 1 traxxas and that 1 traxxas is definitely better than the 2 arrma 8s rigs it's closest to.

Like working on a cheap vacuum cleaner.
I kinda thought like you before I got my first traxxas. the XRT. After seeing it in person I think it looks amazing. I haven't had to work on it much as it's durable af and hasn't really broken yet but I do think my arrma rigs will probably be easier to work on but I can't really comment on that yet.

My arrma 8s rigs really can't even compare in durability though. Not even close. I have 23 or 24 arrmas and 1 traxxas and that 1 traxxas is definitely better than the 2 arrma 8s rigs it's closes to.
I always wanted a K8 EXB I finally got one 2 years ago. I tired for 2 years to like it I just couldn't to heavy and no way as durable as it was heavy!!! LOL
I finally sold it 3 months ago. Now I do have 4 K6's and they are the best RC I have ever owned. No RC is perfect but after 35 years in the hobby I've narrowed my rigs down to K6 EXB's and 6S Infractions I have a few other rigs but there Shelf queens.

Like working on a cheap vacuum cleaner.

I always wanted a K8 EXB I finally got one 2 years ago. I tired for 2 years to like it I just couldn't to heavy and no way as durable as it was heavy!!! LOL
I finally sold it 3 months ago. Now I do have 4 K6's and they are the best RC I have ever owned. No RC is perfect but after 35 years in the hobby I've narrowed my rigs down to K6 EXB's and 6S Infractions I have a few other rigs but there Shelf queens.
I have to carry that k8s down 3 flights and up 3 flights of stairs every time I take it out. It's torture :cry: but it's fun to drive when it doesn't break!.

I have to carry that k8s down 3 flights and up 3 flights of stairs every time I take it out. It's torture :cry: but it's fun to drive when it doesn't break!.
I barely drove mine and I just had to open the garage and I still didn't like it!! If it would have been a (REAL) car I would have had someone steal it!!!! LMAO

Got to see an xrt this weekend with a belt drive setup and a Castle xlx2 / 1100kv setup and it shredded a diff before the day was over. There were 2 of them out at the bash on stock tires and they did okay in some really short grass but with a set of mx43 badlands it would probably do really good. One of the owners has a mix or Arrma and Traxxas rigs that are all setup similarly.

Got to see an xrt this weekend with a belt drive setup and a Castle xlx2 / 1100kv setup and it shredded a diff before the day was over. There were 2 of them out at the bash on stock tires and they did okay in some really short grass but with a set of mx43 badlands it would probably do really good. One of the owners has a mix or Arrma and Traxxas rigs that are all setup similarly.
are those belted? I been thinking about getting a pair for the XRT. I'm assuming they're lighter than the trenchers.

My arrma 8s rigs really can't even compare in durability though. Not even close. I have 23 or 24 arrmas and 1 traxxas and that 1 traxxas is definitely better than the 2 arrma 8s rigs it's closest to.
I had a K8 BLX when I first got back into the hobby. It was a pile. I still like the design better than the XMAXX. It just needs to be an EXB and completely modded.
But my Krajave EXB 6s will split a Traxxas in half.

are those belted? I been thinking about getting a pair for the XRT. I'm assuming they're lighter than the trenchers.

Not sure if the tires are belted, the one with the castle combo has a belt drive system. Itā€™s wild at how much quieter it makes it.

Iā€™ve never had an X-Maxx but I know people love them. But I can say that about two months ago I picked up a 4wd Slash speed run car I started building that had been sitting on the shelf for awhile. Youā€™re absolutely right with the Lego analogy. It felt like a cheap toy after wrenching on the 6s Arrmas. But in all fairness, I sort of felt the same way about my nephews Granite. Just too much plastic. Iā€™ll finish that Slash and itā€™s going up for sale.
Orā€¦maybe use it to cut my teeth on speed runs. I wouldnā€™t cry if I destroyed it.

Wifeā€™s really being a stickler about that 1 rc rule, eh?
Oh I bought it to "sell it" for 2x the price. She actually thinks I got it in trade for some RC parts. Now I have it listed for $1000. Maybe it sells, maybe it doesn't. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I never really understood a bunch of plastic parts = $1,000
yeah i don't get it either im getting/want the losi dblex 2.0 i think its the name, either way i saw it at my lhs and fell in love and its only 200+tax more im taking the losi beast!
yeah i don't get it either im getting/want the losi dblex 2.0 i think its the name, either way i saw it at my lhs and fell in love and its only 200+tax more im taking the losi beast!
and the it looks like a k8s just clipless body!

I never really understood a bunch of plastic parts = $1,000
I agree with this but it also makes me think the arrma rigs are stupid overpriced too as they may have metal but they're definitely not more durable lol.

WAY lighter. I have a pair of belted trenchers they sit on the shelf. There tooooo heavy!
Iā€™ve moved on to the badlands have 3 sets now.

I had a Kraton but got rid of it. Got sick of having to fix it. It literally broke every time I ran it. Ok so I just hit full speed all the time. But thatā€™s the fun of it right. Replaced it with an Xmaxx. Been out 8 times and so far only broke one lower arm. I think everyone has a different experience.

I love my Infraction, Felony and Limitless. No Traxxas can even compare to these awesome machines. Guess itā€™s how you use them and for what. I wouldnā€™t send my infraction or felony of a ramp. But I would the Xmaxx. I have loads of different cars. Each for different types of running I guess. Wouldnā€™t dream of running any of my vintage Tamiyas of a kerb. šŸ˜€but I do still run them.

Just my opinion from what Iā€™ve found running my cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back