Kraton Broken outdrive cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I just noticed those were input cups not outdrives. Other than M2C and amazon chinese knock offs does anyone make a decent outdrive? I like the M2C ones but I only get maybe 25% better life out of them. Maybe I am just expecting too much and they are just going to be a frequent consumable no matter who makes them.

Haha I just noticed those were input cups not outdrives. Other than M2C and amazon chinese knock offs does anyone make a decent outdrive? I like the M2C ones but I only get maybe 25% better life out of them. Maybe I am just expecting too much and they are just going to be a frequent consumable no matter who makes them.
Tekno, see post #5

Those are for the inputs that connect to the diff pinion gear I think. He is looking for diff output cups/shafts.
Shoot, you're correct. I thought someone here was using tekno, maybe @K-BASH ?
Not sure if these will work
I just use m2c for all of mine

Screenshot_20230501-073617_Samsung Internet.jpg

Everything else looks pretty cherry, just gotta clean up a little and I'll be good to go!! 💯

Was actually wondering if I should swap both out drives.. the other one is fine I think, it does have some wear on the end and a little ding down the channel, but seems to function properly, what do you guys think!? 🤔

IMG_20230803_154127847.jpg

IMG_20230803_163121261.jpg

IMG_20230803_163352610.jpg

IMG_20230803_163409270.jpg

Doneski, just waiting on it to settle to make sure I have enough fluid.. well that was fun, let's talk diffs!!🤣

100k LSD Max effect up front.. think I'll do the same in the rear and throw 250k in the center, maybe 500k!! 😳

IMG_20230804_213516075_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230804_221741725_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230804_223851730.jpg

Last edited:
Out running RC Boats 🤘

Why so high with LSD? I thought that the LSD itself is like a factor of 10x. Don't have them myself, just wondering. All based on very dangerous forum knowledge ;)

Out running RC Boats 🤘

Why so high with LSD? I thought that the LSD itself is like a factor of 10x. Don't have them myself, just wondering. All based on very dangerous forum knowledge ;)
Shoot idk, it was either that or stock 10k, and I already know what it's like!! 🤣

Done now, and I gave her a shower!! Hey I did put some marine grease in.. Will do the rear here in the next week or two, gonna run it for now.. it's been too long!! 💯

IMG_20230805_130155395.jpg

If I bought an EXB rig I guess I would know better.
Just that I have been fine running Standard 6s Open diffs. Parts cost less. Oil thicknees helps me dial them just right.
I only run 6s with them. I use only M2C outdrives and input cups. They are harder. Just expect to see the Dog bone pins wear out before the out/ In drives.
If I ran 8s maybe, LSD Main and Inpuut gears would be more durable? IDK. The LSD thing never appealed to me. Seems to go agianst the grain. I would probably end up making them Open anyway.
I know there is a learning curve to setting them up. Much different than Open diffs. All I know.
I don't see 1/8 EXB's on HH's site anymore.

If I bought an EXB rig I guess I would know better.
Just that I have been fine running Standard 6s Open diffs. Parts cost less. Oil thicknees helps me dial them just right.
I only run 6s with them. I use only M2C outdrives and input cups. They are harder. Just expect to see the Dog bone pins wear out before the out/ In drives.
If I ran 8s maybe, LSD Main and Inpuut gears would be more durable? IDK. The LSD thing never appealed to me. Seems to go agianst the grain. I would probably end up making them Open anyway.
I know there is a learning curve to setting them up. Much different than Open diffs. All I know.
I don't see 1/8 EXB's on HH's site anymore.
I wanted the M2C outdrives but wanted to wait until I had more money for a bigger order, I got the exb's cuz they were 18 bucks and free shipping.. so I could run it, M2C were like 35 with shipping!!💰

I really like the LSD but have no way to compare to open diffs since I am rather new to the hobby and both my 6s rigs are LSD.. if you look up at my pics you will see the shape of the internals, everything is still in brand new shape and this rig is almost 2 yo!! 🤯
So I'm down with LSD!! 💯

You are far from new to this hobby.;)
LSD diffs are clearly stronger than the Open ones.

They are so simple compared to LSD types.
You already have a Felony with open diffs??:giggle:

They are so simple compared to LSD types.
You already have a Felony with open diffs??:giggle:
Shows how much I know, I've only opened the felony up once and it was just to fill them, I don't think I ever even looked at the blow up of them.. I'm gonna look now🤪

I prolly just assumed they were because the exb has those GP4 spurs and the felony has the GP5 and GP6, so yea your right.. don't assume!!

Screenshot_20230805-140238.png

Yep.. open!! 😶‍🌫️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back