Kraton Broken outdrive cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
Oops, kind of did a little nosedive.. lucky it rained today so it was wet and rather soft!!šŸ„“
Just wondering what brand you guys like the most or recommend for an upgrade!?

I really enjoy running the ole' kraton, it's pretty versatile and I've noticed it's pretty nimble in the air for it's size.. very controllable, I just lack the know how!! šŸ¤£

IMG_20230430_003552003.jpg

IMG_20230430_003640845.jpg

Last edited:
The M2C ones seem to last a little longer than stock for about the same price. I have yet to find ones that last a long time. Those scorched ones look stout I may have to look into those. Anybody try them out on a basher setup?

Excessive droop caused the arm to flex and shear the cup side with the dogbone ball.

Those outdrive cups like Traxxas aftermarket has with one end encapsulated could potentially help strengthen, but then cause the bone to deflect or arm to break.

Also possible you had a void in the material/porosity.

Yea I figure that will be the go to brand..
The scorched ones looks pretty nice and solid!!

View attachment 296432

Does scorched even make an output cup option?.. The input cups will surely be no use on the output side .. I've never used any of the scorched products ( I hardly stray from original equipment) so not sure what they offer...

That's one of the first things I covered when it came out the box.. so nope, no droop on my rig, I believe it was solely from the nosedive impact.. was instantly immobile!! šŸ¤Æ
Excessive droop caused the arm to flex and shear the cup side with the dogbone ball.

Those outdrive cups like Traxxas aftermarket has with one end encapsulated could potentially help strengthen, but then cause the bone to deflect or arm to break.

Also possible you had a void in the material/porosity.
Does scorched even make an output cup option?.. The input cups will surely be no use on the output side .. I've never used any of the scorched products ( I hardly stray from original equipment) so not sure what they offer...
I just noticed this.. it was like 2 a.m. so I'm not taking the blame!! šŸ¤Ŗ

Last edited:
I just checked the suspension.. it does sag a little and I'm just now also noticing preload is significantly softer than the last time I fooled with it (couple months).. so this may play a part!!

6s? I think I might have a few extras. Pm me and Iā€™ll ship you some spares
Hey thanks man I appreciate it, yea exb though..but I'm sure HH will send me out some new ones.. figured I might as well beef it up!! šŸ˜

I just checked the suspension.. it does sag a little and I'm just now also noticing preload is significantly softer than the last time I fooled with it (couple months).. so this may play a part!!

Hey thanks man I appreciate it, yea exb though..but I'm sure HH will send me out some new ones.. figured I might as well beef it up!! šŸ˜
M2c is your best bet. Or Tenno. But it never hurts to have spares, even after a year Iā€™m still finding parts laying around for the kraton

don't think I have broke one of those in 6 years. I've got the m2c ones and they last longer for sure

don't think I have broke one of those in 6 years. I've got the m2c ones and they last longer for sure
Yea that's my luck, I stink at driving haa.. I was just doing nice lil step up jumps.. maybe like 10-15mph, 6ft max off the ground.. little floaters I call em, and just planted a nosedive.. wasn't really harsh just dead wait!! šŸ˜±

What about these, prolly just get the M2C.. I try to be different šŸ« 

Screenshot_20230430-123216.png

Yea that's my luck, I stink at driving haa.. I was just doing nice lil step up jumps.. maybe like 10-15mph, 6ft max off the ground.. little floaters I call em, and just planted a nosedive.. wasn't really harsh just dead wait!! šŸ˜±

What about these, prolly just get the M2C.. I try to be different šŸ« 

View attachment 296488
Those aren't diff outdrive cups. It needs to have the shsft that goes into the diff with the pin for the sun gear.
There is a reason everyone is saying M2C. Lol

Those aren't diff outdrive cups. It needs to have the shsft that goes into the diff with the pin for the sun gear.
There is a reason everyone is saying M2C. Lol
Yup, those are for the diff locker stuff, don't think they will work.
Oh ok, yep sorry guys I'm a moron!! šŸ„“

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back