Building a track by my house!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellmer

Reaction score
So after just ramp bashing for a bit I got the urge to do some track driving (motocross background kicked in). I don't have any tracks nearby so I have to figure out something for myself.

Long story short I got the ok from the landowner above me to cut the grass and do some minor adjustments to have a small track by the tree planning area.

Hard to take photos of it but like everything I will film something there soon.

It's mostly flat and grass but it has a couple of natural berms, one that is about 3 feet high (last photo) by where you will stand to drive. Other than that I will just try to flatten it/remove holes (there's tons of them righ now), get the grass super short/down to the dirt and add some small removable wood jumps.

It's 4' wide at the narrowest part but mostly a lot wider than that (guesstimate around 6'' in most areas and up to 8'' at the widest).

I hope this inspires someone.
20230612_105037.jpg

20230611_125330.jpg
20230611_124952.jpg
20230612_105217.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome project. Should be a lot of fun.

Planning to do any races with friends or more just for practicing/driving yourself?

Lots of work!
but will definitely be a great track when done. 🤘

You and friends will have a Blast!!

Awesome project. Should be a lot of fun.

Planning to do any races with friends or more just for practicing/driving yourself?
I would say both. I want to be able to just practice whenever I feel like it but also to have friends over for some friendly racing whenever possible.
Nothing beats racing on a track with others! Enjoy!
Can't wait! Thanks!
Lots of work!
but will definitely be a great track when done. 🤘

You and friends will have a Blast!!
Yes but I'm used to building stuff so I'm all for puttning in the hours. I will however keep this as simple ad possible since I'm a bit limited on what I can do at the spot. Still worth it to be able to fo and drive whenever.

You friggin guys always have to come on here and shove your tracks in our faces and I’m sick of it!

Killer set up, having one of my own is definitely in my 5 year plan.
Haha sorry man 🤷🤣. See it as inspiration for when you will blow all of our minds with your future track.

Lots of work, but o so worth it!! Love mine! (y) 😁✌️Can't wait to see more.

You friggin guys always have to come on here and shove your tracks in our faces and I’m sick of it!

Killer set up, having one of my own is definitely in my 5 year plan.

I've been trying to get the boss (wife) to let me build one out back for a few years.... one of these years I'll get my way !
What else do you do when you have 3 extra empty lots behind you that you own? What a waste! 😂

Lots of work, but o so worth it!! Love mine! (y) 😁✌️Can't wait to see more.
Thank you. Have you postad it on here? Would love to see it!
I've been trying to get the boss (wife) to let me build one out back for a few years.... one of these years I'll get my way !
What else do you do when you have 3 extra empty lots behind you that you own? What a waste! 😂
You need to figure out 1) something positive (for her) with you getting a track. Good luck 🤣.

You need to figure out 1) something positive (for her) with you getting a track. Good luck 🤣.

I just gotta save to buy her something really shiney ill bet... hard to do when I buy rc's all the time 🤣
I'll just live vicariously though you guys for now till that happens 😂

Back on topic, I'm excited to see what you get going on there! Its a nice space- will be a ton of fun!

I would never do that! Here's a track some guy I use to know built years ago. He no longer owns it. There is 26 dump truck loads of clay in it. Pic was taken on a roof and still cannot fit all 700 ft in. :LOL: yes, bears are real.

IMG_20230112_111825407_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230112_111921437_HDR.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back