Calling all mmx8s 2028 owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True that, @Boodaggy. I'm also a little baffled by the statements mentioned above as a 1:1 gearing should be more demanding than a 44t pinion/47t spur thus create more heat...
I have tried both 34/34 and 39/39 and I do not know why but the 39/39 seems to have more torque and can wheelie much easier. I would think Rich duperbash would have the answer on why the 1to1 is different. He is the one that gave me the idea to run the 39 and it works awesome I love it and much less heat than the 44 or 42 pinion on the 47 spur. I will be posting a video of the 34 and the 39 set up in about 2 weeks on YouTube that way everyone can see the difference in my truck.

One more question. Only place that I have been able to find the xlx2 800kv combo is on ebay. Powerhobby is the seller. Supposed to be an authorized seller. Just want to make sure that if for some reason I had to make a warranty claim that I’m not gonna have any issues. Anyone been down this road before?

One more question. Only place that I have been able to find the xlx2 800kv combo is on ebay. Powerhobby is the seller. Supposed to be an authorized seller. Just want to make sure that if for some reason I had to make a warranty claim that I’m not gonna have any issues. Anyone been down this road before?
You will want to verify with castle if they are an authorized seller. If they are not you may not get a warranty. I know amain hobbies is.

Have just about everything now

7FB685C0-39EC-4D3A-B4CC-A932462A80A5.jpeg

Slowly pecking away at this thing trying to get everything installed. Overall fit and finish on everything is pretty spot on. Couple things. The leads coming off the xlx2 are like 3’ too long. Not sure how the **** Im gonna get them all in the rx box. Has anyone cut and shortened them? Would this cause warranty issues? Also, where are are you guys mounting the b link? No chance it’s fitting in the rx box. The xlx2 is a monster compared to the stock blx. The 2028 800kv is a monster compared to the stock 1250kv. However the on off switch was grossly neglected for some reason and almost looks silly tbh. Wish it were more like the stock or the max5. That would be nice

I had both the Bluetooth adapter and the extra cable from my esc shoved into the receiver box. It's kinda like shoving your closet door closed really fast after you fill it with all your junk, gotta do it about 3 times because something keeps popping out.

Slowly pecking away at this thing trying to get everything installed. Overall fit and finish on everything is pretty spot on. Couple things. The leads coming off the xlx2 are like 3’ too long. Not sure how the **** Im gonna get them all in the rx box. Has anyone cut and shortened them? Would this cause warranty issues? Also, where are are you guys mounting the b link? No chance it’s fitting in the rx box. The xlx2 is a monster compared to the stock blx. The 2028 800kv is a monster compared to the stock 1250kv. However the on off switch was grossly neglected for some reason and almost looks silly tbh. Wish it were more like the stock or the max5. That would be nice

Fold the wires up nicely and heat shrink them or use a tiny zip. Unsure about the warranty but unlikely.

Good to know everything should fit. I like a challenge lol. Was planning on using small zip ties on the wiring. Shrink tubing is not a bad idea either. Thx.

Got the esc wires pretty tidy in the rx box lid and used a bit of hot glue to hold them in place. Also mounted esc to rx lid and used a couple old cf stand offs to leav a bit of a gap underneath to help hide wiring and possibly help cooling if needed.

355406FF-A723-4941-9607-79632E6C5342.jpeg

18B84B8F-3A13-4C75-8264-9E2DF739B5C6.jpeg

6734E153-E3EA-420F-B658-C275B6F462D3.jpeg

I was able to get all those wires, including the b link inside that tiny Arrma 8s reciever box. You need to be very careful about it though. Takes lots of patience!

So just about got everything buttoned back up. So before I got the rx box closed up I powered everything up to make sure everything was working correctly. Got the servo centered up and ss mounted. Got the b link in line and linked. But for some reason when I try and calibrate the esc I’m not having any luck. So tx on and batteries in k8. Pull full throttle and turn on esc. Esc powers up and fan turns on and green, yellow, and red lights all light up dim. Let go of throttle and everything comes to life. I get the 8 chimes and esc arms. Everything working at this point but haven’t calibrated esc. I have tried multiple times and same results. Ideas? Suggestions?

So just about got everything buttoned back up. So before I got the rx box closed up I powered everything up to make sure everything was working correctly. Got the servo centered up and ss mounted. Got the b link in line and linked. But for some reason when I try and calibrate the esc I’m not having any luck. So tx on and batteries in k8. Pull full throttle and turn on esc. Esc powers up and fan turns on and green, yellow, and red lights all light up dim. Let go of throttle and everything comes to life. I get the 8 chimes and esc arms. Everything working at this point but haven’t calibrated esc. I have tried multiple times and same results. Ideas? Suggestions?
You have to hold the throttle, turn on the switch, wait for the chime and I believe the green light, go full reverse, wait for the chime and red light, release and that should be it. DON'T DO IT WITH THE WHEELS ON Though. And don't hold the throttle for too long or it goes into programming mode. If you do, you start changing settings without knowing.

Go in and set your arm time higher or wait for your receiver light to turn orange before pulling full throttle on the trigger. The stock radio receiver combo has a safety built in to not let it power up until throttle is in neutral position

Last edited:
I didn't do it right and I did both =vehicle took off full power and I went into programming mode ?. Programming mode is beeps with red light flashing

Wheels are on. Pinon is off lol. I did try setting arming time to the max 5 sec because I read something about that. Maybe I meed to wait a bit longer before pulling the trigger. I’ll give it a shot
Im also using the stock rx with my old dx4r pro if that makes any difference

I ended up cutting the leads from the esc down and soldered them. No problems whatsoever for me. With them and the primal servo, I got tired of trying to fit them all in there

I ended up cutting the leads from the esc down and soldered them. No problems whatsoever for me. With them and the primal servo, I got tired of trying to fit them all in there

I ended up kinda rolling up the esc wires and putting a bit of hot glue on the rx lid. Made some room and definitely needed it with the b link getting stuffed in as well as the plug for the fans for the motor

C43BFB01-6B65-4AA0-97CC-4101CF58DDA1.jpeg

Wheels are on. Pinon is off lol. I did try setting arming time to the max 5 sec because I read something about that. Maybe I meed to wait a bit longer before pulling the trigger. I’ll give it a shot
Im also using the stock rx with my old dx4r pro if that makes any difference
Make sure you wait until the receiver light turns orange before pulling the trigger.

Power transmitter on, turn on esc. Wait for receiver to turn orange then pull trigger, {then continue with full reverse after esc flashes green, then neutral after esc flashes red. }. I beleive those are the color sequences.

I ended up kinda rolling up the esc wires and putting a bit of hot glue on the rx lid. Made some room and definitely needed it with the b link getting stuffed in as well as the plug for the fans for the motor

View attachment 108782
Respect for having that amount of patience lol. As much as I like messing with stuff, I didn't want to have to mess with the mile long cables every time I opened it up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back