Calling all mmx8s 2028 owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Respect for having that amount of patience lol. As much as I like messing with stuff, I didn't want to have to mess with the mile long cables every time I opened it up.

Thats the beauty of the hot glue. It holds everything in place but its not permanent. I have used silicone in the past but with the hot glue it sets up almost instantly. That way I can get in and out of the wardens crafty crap before she even knows it lol.

Make sure you wait until the receiver light turns orange before pulling the trigger.

Power transmitter on, turn on esc. Wait for receiver to turn orange then pull trigger, {then continue with full reverse after esc flashes green, then neutral after esc flashes red. }. I beleive those are the color sequences.

This was it! Following the instructions it says to power on with the throttle held to full throttle. I needed to wait until the rx turned orange. Everything is good. Thank you.

This was it! Following the instructions it says to power on with the throttle held to full throttle. I needed to wait until the rx turned orange. Everything is good. Thank you.
I went through the same thing with mine, castle has documents on their site explaining this but you gotta dig deep. Glad it worked for you.

I went through the same thing with mine, castle has documents on their site explaining this but you gotta dig deep. Glad it worked for you.

Well I appreciate you doing all the digging lol

Got everything buttoned up. Overall pretty straight forward. Just gotta let the locktite set up before giving her a rip. Thx for all the help getting it to this point.

329AD12F-1C9D-4782-B26E-9348929AB5AF.jpeg

2BA0875B-D97B-4C90-8762-F994ED980126.jpeg

Actually I always run with the lid on, just happen to end up on the lid too often lol.

Got everything buttoned up. Overall pretty straight forward. Just gotta let the locktite set up before giving her a rip. Thx for all the help getting it to this point.

View attachment 108814

View attachment 108815
I also put that 6s strap across on the battery trays and as the crappy little straps break, I replace them with the 6s Arrma ones. Hehe. Good stuff.

it may be the camera angle but it looks like you have significant toe in on the front......maybe it’s just me.

it may be the camera angle but it looks like you have significant toe in on the front......maybe it’s just me.

It may be. Its just how I got it used a couple weeks ago and seems to run and drive fine so I just never messed with it. Is it just a kinda eyeball adjustment to make or something more?

Well I’d eyeball it but if you want to go all Stephen Hawking on it you can get an angle gauge or protractor. Just make sure your steering turnbuckles are the same length. I swear bro that there is toe in on the front, undesirable for turning me thinks. How is your turning radius?

Can you post a pic of the front end shot from directly above with the truck off the ground with the servo centered? (Phew, that’s long winded?)

Here is mine,,,, keep in mind I have greatly reduced the stock toe out as I thought it was excessive.....really excessive imho.
Apologies for side tracking your original post.....?

09A2FF1D-5640-4035-BABF-A802B6F239BB.jpeg

Last edited:
Better to have slight toe out or zero. Toe IN makes the rig dart/drift left and right unpredictably with less steering/turn in. Nice 8S. (y) :cool:

Took it out for a quick spin today and at first it was kinda meh. Went in to the castle app and switched starting power from low to med and punch control from 0 to 50 and that really woke it up. Now its an animal. Got a solid 5 minutes before the pinion (limitless spool) let loose. Originally had blue locktite on there. Will be cleaning everything up with brake cleaner and putting red now. What Im wondering is I was thinking about putting a dimple 180 from the flat spot on the motor shaft for the second set screw. Anyone done this? Any reason not to? Again I just was thinking of a small dimple just for something for the second set screw to actually sit in as opposed to pressing against the smooth shaft.

Are you guys putting locktite on the motor mount and the slider and bolts going into the motor also? I have left all those dry.

Last edited:
I was just surfing the inter web and ran across some guys that are claiming to use this on the motor shaft. Anyone ever heard of this? Some even claim they didn’t even use a set screw which I find ridiculous.

https://www.henkel-adhesives.com/us/en/product/retaining-compounds/loctite_609.html

Get rid of the set screw altogether. Green Loctite formula RC609...we use it on all our vehicles at the shop and in our even higher power airplanes/helis (7hp+ setups)...no set screw needed. Simply apply the loctite to the motor shaft, slide on your pinion and position it so it's going to mesh properly with the spur gear, let the loctite set (I leave mine for 30-45 min to make sure), and mesh the pinion and spur gears. You'll be good to go after that. To get the pinion off, hit it with a lighter or mini torch and it'll come right off.

So after letting my red locktite sit since last Friday lol, I was going to take the k8s out for a quick rip in front of the house. Turned on the rx, plugged in the lipos, hit the on/off switch and nothing. Fans fired up but no arming tones. Shut it off and tried again. Same results. Pulled up the b link on my phone just incase it may show me something and all of a sudden it arms. But now its trying to slowly creep forward and I can’t control it with tx. I can steer but no throttle or brake. Shut it off and pulled the rx cover. Checked all plugs and looks ok. Tried it again and same thing. It arms and chimes but no throttle or brake. Then it starts the two short beeps and a long. Turns out its a signal loss. Tried to rebind and same thing. Steering only. Tried to recalibrate esc but doesn’t work. Its not registering any throttle input. Looking at the rx its lighting up but nothing. This is the stock rx mind you. Guess it just shat the bed sitting in the house. I turned the bec up to 7.5 when I put in the primal servo. Could that be the cause? Another thing I noticed totally unrelated is when its off it seems to have a lot of resistance rolling. I know there should be some but just seems too much. If I pick it up by the wing with the front wheels still on the ground it just skids. Checked the mesh and its not too tight. I can spin the pinion with my finger but it seems like it shouldn’t be so resistant. I only got about 5 minutes of running it last week before the pinion got loose. Motor or esc didn’t even hit 100*. Not one jump. No dirt. Just a very short rip in front of the house. Im at a loss.

The 2 short beeps followed by 1 long one I beleive is a receiver glitch error. Make sure your transmitter throttle trim is zeroed out... Try recalibrating it and see.

Well I pulled my rx from the xmaxx and everything works now so the stock rx definitely took a dump. But something is definitely binding up. Thats the next mystery to solve

Well I pulled my rx from the xmaxx and everything works now so the stock rx definitely took a dump. But something is definitely binding up. Thats the next mystery to solve
Move your motor so there is no pinion/spur interaction and see if that relieves it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back