Felony Castle 1717 installation question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Picked up a Castle 1717 1650kv yesterday to go with the MMX8s. First question...
1. What size allen are the 2 stock motor screws going into the motor bracket? Nothing I have seems to be right! Standard or metric everything is either too big or too loose and I don't want to strip them.
2. What size shaft does the C.C. motor have and is it bigger then the stock motor? (i.e. am I going to have to buy a new pinion right away)
3. Do I need a different motor bracket?
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Picked up a Castle 1717 1650kv yesterday to go with the MMX8s. First question...
1. What size allen are the 2 stock motor screws going into the motor bracket? Nothing I have seems to be right! Standard or metric everything is either too big or too loose and I don't want to strip them.
2. What size shaft does the C.C. motor have and is it bigger then the stock motor? (i.e. am I going to have to buy a new pinion right away)
3. Do I need a different motor bracket?
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
It has both M3 and M4 holes in the same 25mm spacing as stock Arrma motors and has the same 5mm shaft.

What about these two screws? What size head are they. I have tried both standard and metric and everything I have is either too big or too small? (ie metric 2.5mm swimming and 3mm is too big. Standard 3/32nds swimming and 7/64 too big) 🤔 I assume it is suppose to be 2.5mm but it feels like it will strip if I try to turn it...

Last edited:
Well, it was supposed to be a 2.5 but it stripped so it's now a flat head! 😆

20210709_151820.jpg

Last edited:
Back