Castle MMX8s ESC cover broken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dad

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Anyone else had this happen to their ESC? Should I just contact castle and see if they will send me out a replacement plastic cover? Any aftermarket options that I could look into?

1622735867494.png

1622735900850.png

I'm not sure exactly when it broke but I had my RC's up with me this weekend when I was camping and I bashed pretty hard. I hit a tree at one point mid flight and had to pop the top of my body back straight as it had caved in so I'm guessing that might be when this happened.

Did you ever get this figured out? Same thing happened to my mmx8s this afternoon. Hope it’s a fluke but I’m not sure these plastic shrouds can support the larger and heavier 40x28 fans :/

Castle never even responded to me. Pathetic customer service doesn't even begin to describe what they gave me on this issue. I pulled the top off and glued it, but it only lasted a few battery packs. Honestly though it's been broken like that for a while now and I've not had any issues running it like that.

Hate to hear that. I contacted them earlier but now I know what to expect at least. I went ahead and glued it back up the best I could so I’ll see how it goes. I appreciate it!

The esc is a beast but the fact that they don't even respond to emails is pretty ridiculous. Like I said though it's just a plastic cover so it's not the end of the world.

Castle never even responded to me. Pathetic customer service doesn't even begin to describe what they gave me on this issue. I pulled the top off and glued it, but it only lasted a few battery packs. Honestly though it's been broken like that for a while now and I've not had any issues running it like that.
I thought they ghosted me as well then I found their email in my spam folder....... The plastic covers suck on the Castle escs, I broke them on both of my Mamba Monster 2 escs.

The esc is a beast but the fact that they don't even respond to emails is pretty ridiculous. Like I said though it's just a plastic cover so it's not the end of the world.
I agree, it is a great esc. In castle’s defense, I do have a pps switch mount along with a much larger fan so it’s supporting much more than what it would have stock, and yesterday it took some brutal landings. I’ll see how it holds up and if castle responds, but even in the worst case scenario, I’m sure I can find a way to make it work.

Also we have a rep from Castle on here somewhere but I can't remember what his username is.

Found him but it won't let me tag him in the post. @robert@castle

Why don’t you call castle? They always answer when I call.
1-913-390-6939
Hours: 9:00am - 4:00pm M - F

Btw: I had the same issue and they sent me a new shroud. Mine kept breaking due to a 28mm tall fan and roof landings..

Last edited:
It’s possible they would have, but I bought it lightly used on another forum with no receipt, so there is that. If the esc was toast then yes, I would have pushed a little harder. Is it a bad design? Yes. Should it easily be able to hold a heavier 4028 fan and some not so great landings? Yes. I am not faulting castle on this one though, which is why I didn’t feel like possibly going down a rabbit hole to get a plastic shroud. Maybe that was foolish on my part, but I didn’t feel that this piece was that big of a deal given the circumstances of which it broke.

Last edited:
It’s possible they would have, but I bought it lightly used on another forum with no receipt, so there is that. If the esc was toast then yes, I would have pushed a little harder. Is it a bad design? Yes. Should it easily be able to hold a heavier 4028 fan and some not so great landings? Yes. I am not faulting castle on this one though, which is why I didn’t feel like possibly going down a rabbit hole to get a plastic shroud. Maybe that was foolish on my part, but I didn’t feel that this piece was that big of a deal given the circumstances of which it broke.
Oh yeah trying to get a warranty on anything second hand is dang near impossible.

Yep, that’s the risk I took though. Had I been the original owner still under warranty, yeah I’d be a little chapped if they told me I needed to buy a new one lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back