CNHL 100C Purple

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought one. Charged it up.

Overall decent IR between 2-3 milli ohms per cell, took roughly 5500 mah from 3.4 to 4.2. Yes I discharged before charging because I wanted to see how much it would take.

Threw it in the KXL with the mmx8s 1260kv combo. Geared 23/50, punch control at 0 and start power set to medium. Pack was ok for first few minutes but after that anytime at full throttle it wouldn’t reach full power to the point you could hear the rpm’s dipping.

Threw in the CNHL 6s 5200 mah pack that had already done a handful of speed passes in the typhon and it did just fine.

Leads me to believe the pack couldn’t put out what I needed from it. It’s on its way back to amazon.
Yeah if not getting the advertised mah capacity, the C rating is far from real as well . Hence poor performance. Amps will drop quickly.

@Chinahobbyline, what's the story with these "Purple" non CNHL Labeled Lipo packs from AMZ? And not on the Official CNHL website?
What are we looking at here? Budget packs?
Are these even legit with no CNHL Branding?
Help us out here.
:)

Last edited:
Any chance you have the data log showing the back-to-back batteries?
Shhhhiiiiiiiit I didn’t save them. But I will tell you the voltage drop anytime I accelerated was significantly more than my 5200mah pack.
Yeah if not getting the advertised mah capacity, the C rating is far from real as well . Hence poor performance. Amps will drop quickly.

@Chinahobbyline, what's the story with these "Purple" non CNHL Labeled Lipo packs from AMZ? And not on the Official CNHL website?
What are we looking at here? Budget packs?
Are these even legit with no CNHL Branding?
Help us out here.
:)
The advertised capacity was damn near spot on. I think I could have easily squeezed another 1000mah out of them had they been charged from 3.3 or 3.2 per cell.

I'm not expecting the CNHL Racing performance from these. They are better than my Zeees, but not as strong as my CNHL Racing packs, which is understandable given the price difference. If you need the best performance at the best price, CNHL Racing packs are still the way to go. If you need a dirt cheap 4s or 6s, these purples are much better in my experience than the Zeee, at a better price.

Anyone notice that @Chinahobbyline has not responded to my post on Oct 16th., Regarding AMZ non branded CNHL Purple packs here.
I wonder why?
Something stinks. Not quite sure what however.:rolleyes:
Great Support there as a supposed vendor.(n)

Last edited:
Anyone notice that @Chinahobbyline has not responded to my post on Oct 16th., Regarding AMZ non branded CNHL Purple packs here.
I wonder why?
Something stinks. Not quite sure what however.:rolleyes:
Great Support there as a supposed vendor.(n)
Can only speculate any cells that don't pass their quality control/performance inspection get made into "purple" packs!

The reviews are fantastic!

Last edited:
I been chat botting and Emailing CNHL for a few days now. No reply in regards. Sent them the link to this thread and all..
These are most likely Fake CNHL's IMHO. Yet Carefully not branded as CNHL's. Just the AMZ Prod. description states so.
Whether you like them or not, probably Fake lipos.
Until CNHL repsonds in regards. I will assume this.
Hope I am wrong.
No response here yet from @Chinahobbyline????????:unsure: Over a month now?
I would think they would want to clear this up quickly.(y)(y)
Can only speculate any cells that don't pass their quality control/performance inspection get made into "purple" packs!
Even with Budget packs/ cells, it's still their product, and yet won't put their CNHL name on it??? Not feeling it.....
These are fakes, until CNHL states otherwise.
With Lipo's, I want to know who owns them. Whose product I am buying. Whether cheapos or not. Had one too many thermal run aways before.

>>> China has produced so much generic garbage non branded Lipos, and numerous home fires and deaths have resulted across the globe. From E-bikes to EV cars. Just a Fact. Whole shipping containers on Cargo ships, full of hundreds of cars on fire because of bad Lithium batteries.
>>>Poorly matched cells in a battery is an extremely dangerous hazard. You are just creating a Ticking Time bomb.

Last edited:
I wouldn't even put these in the same catagory with Zeees or Ovonics. These Purples are No name wannabe something knock offs. A hidden Mfr. bottom of the barrel recycled left over bottom tier Lithium cells.
Worst case scenario.
If they are in fact somehow, and for whatever reason, CNHL's, theses are cheapos, and not worthy of the CNHL branding. Or CNHL would have done that.
And the price point of these are not all that TBH. For what they are.(n)

Last edited:
Only one way to find out, buy one for the pack tester guy! I’m a big fan of the Purp’ myself, can’t wait to charge one up when I get home 😂

CNHL responded to my email today ....
The Purples will not be on CNHL's Official website. So they stated.
>>> They will only be sold on AMZ and Aliexpress, according to CNHL. I wonder what the Purple Lipo pricing is on Aliexpress???:unsure: Anyone notice them there???

CNHL told me nothing more. Short and to the point. Like they were avoiding something, or any more Info in regards, IMHO. I did specifically ask them why they won't label the Purples with their CNHL branding. I got crickets.....
Reading between the lines, these are probably the leftover subpar CNHL packs or somone elses, IMHO. CNHL won't brand it with their Logo. You be the judge as to why.
>>>I won't buy these Purples for sure now. No matter the price.
Something smells rotten in Denmark........:cool: Surprised CNHL got all Fugazy like this.:rolleyes:

I doubt these are actually CNHL packs. Somehow CNHL is handling or liquidating them?? And simply wont label them as CNHL's or even place them on their official site.

The reviews are fantastic!
You just know at some point they will become a mixed bag. Reviews are questionable, especually AMZ. The odds are against you IMHO.
Odds so great, CNHL wont even label them as their own???:rolleyes: CNHL is "disassociating" themselves from these Purple packs. So obvious.
If I want budget packs,
I'll stay with Zeees or Ovonics and others.

Last edited:
I know I’m late to the party but I’m glad I found this thread. I was trying to figure out why the purples were so cheap, like Hoovo cheap. My kid destroyed one on my ovonic batteries, so I needed to get another, but want a premium for myself, and the kids can get the cheapos since they can’t seem to stop going head on at speed into the curb. I’ll pay the premium for the real deal.

Your second sentence is exactly how I’d describe Zeee or Ovonic as well
I have to say, I have CNHL's and they don't seem any better than Zeee's to me, or Socokin, Sypom, RC Iipo ect..🤷‍♂️ all cheap batteries have served me well. If I get a year or more from a $50 6s or $30 4s, I'm a happy camper. To each their own I guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back