CNHL 100C Purple

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how's that return coming along?? ;)
Looking forward to sending it a couple times tomorrow around the track with the SBR 2.0 wheels. I’ll check IR again after each discharge.

8462E9BF-678C-4EBB-A4A4-AEF854EBD22F.jpeg

Just wanted to follow up and say this battery is a powerhouse in my big Mojave. It doesn’t take long(5-10min track time)to get down to storage charge, but the longevity from storage to LVC is surprising along with the performance being consistent throughout. I kept looking down at my dx5 wondering where LVC was and it hovered between 23-21 volts for 15-20 minutes. After getting to LVC the pack is 20 degrees cooler than a Zeee 6000mah/100C same day which keeps motor/ESC temps well under 200 during peak ambient daytime. I’ve had Zeee packs 150 degrees after checking following LVC.

Will be ordering more, IR has decreased every cycle to almost 0-1 milliohms across all cellls.

8E19C900-F5B8-4C0B-8538-31B9D027BF6D.jpeg

Feel obligated to chime in here. I had been looking at some 5000mah 4s purple packs since earlier this year. Finally pulled the trigger this last week, but was disappointed that I couldn't run them in my trucks as the length listed on amazon was not the same as real life. Unfortunately I had to return them. I guess buyer beware that the length listed on the description may not be accurate. This one was listed as 145mm, but the cell length alone was around 155mm. By all other accounts they seemed well made though, from what I could tell.

Screenshot_20230816-084545_Amazon Shopping.jpg
20230822_180006.jpg
20230816_084820.jpg

Holy cow, I was tempted at Amzn and bought 2 4s 5000 for 8s config in edf. These are NOT 5000mah. I flew my known CNHL G+ 5000 packs for a quick 3:30 flight and came down 3.8v/cell. Then popped in the purple, flew similar but LESS TIME ONLY 3 min this time, and came down 3.68v/cell. HUGE difference. Put on charger, and it only pumped in just over 2000mah. NO way these are 5000mah packs. Stick with what you know!

Holy cow, I was tempted at Amzn and bought 2 4s 5000 for 8s config in edf. These are NOT 5000mah. I flew my known CNHL G+ 5000 packs for a quick 3:30 flight and came down 3.8v/cell. Then popped in the purple, flew similar but LESS TIME ONLY 3 min this time, and came down 3.68v/cell. HUGE difference. Put on charger, and it only pumped in just over 2000mah. NO way these are 5000mah packs. Stick with what you know!
Welcome to the forum. Strange, some have said they were pretty pleased with them. Maybe another “hit or miss” product.

If I stopped at 3.7-3.8V per cell, I'd lose 15-20 minutes of bash time :ROFLMAO: . Every lipo has optimum load ranges, especially under storage voltage. My G+ series are always strong until storage, and fall off a cliff after. The purple has been most effective in performance and longevity below storage voltage when monitoring using Telemetry.

Same with charging, G+ take a LOT more MAH from storage charge vs the purple... Lithium Polymer has way too much performance variation. If you're not fully discharging Lipos(3.3-3.4V stable cooled down LVC), you're severely decreasing the output and life of the cells. Only my opinion, have purchased a dozen big 3-6cell packs that I've never lost in 2 years.

Last edited:
If I stopped at 3.7-3.8V per cell, I'd lose 15-20 minutes of bash time :ROFLMAO: . Every lipo has optimum load ranges, especially under storage voltage. My G+ series are always strong until storage, and fall off a cliff after. The purple has been most effective in performance and longevity below storage voltage when monitoring using Telemetry.

Same with charging, G+ take a LOT more MAH from storage charge vs the purple... Lithium Polymer has way too much performance variation. If you're not fully discharging Lipos(3.3-3.4V stable cooled down LVC), you're severely decreasing the output and life of the cells. Only my opinion, have purchased a dozen big 3-6cell packs that I've never lost in 2 years.
I second this experience with the purples

+1
Sorry, I just cant swallow the fact that they are NOT labeled as CNHL's.
I see that it's in the AMZ CNHL store. I get that. But not on CNHL's official website??? Something is wrong with this picture. Just playing devils advocate here.
>>>>Has anyone called CNHL in regards? To easily clear this up?
I've had many cheaper brand lipos not even come close to their advertised capacity. Well matched cells, great IR's etc, yet the capacity not even close.(n)
Seems like a rip off using lower capacity cells, if your not getting "close enough" to the advertised capacity. No Lipo pack capacity will be exact to spec. But should be fairly close.
500mah capacity allowance give or take is realistic. Any more, I would be suspect.

Last edited:
Bought one. Charged it up.

Overall decent IR between 2-3 milli ohms per cell, took roughly 5500 mah from 3.4 to 4.2. Yes I discharged before charging because I wanted to see how much it would take.

Threw it in the KXL with the mmx8s 1260kv combo. Geared 23/50, punch control at 0 and start power set to medium. Pack was ok for first few minutes but after that anytime at full throttle it wouldn’t reach full power to the point you could hear the rpm’s dipping.

Threw in the CNHL 6s 5200 mah pack that had already done a handful of speed passes in the typhon and it did just fine.

Leads me to believe the pack couldn’t put out what I needed from it. It’s on its way back to amazon.

Bought one. Charged it up.

Overall decent IR between 2-3 milli ohms per cell, took roughly 5500 mah from 3.4 to 4.2. Yes I discharged before charging because I wanted to see how much it would take.

Threw it in the KXL with the mmx8s 1260kv combo. Geared 23/50, punch control at 0 and start power set to medium. Pack was ok for first few minutes but after that anytime at full throttle it wouldn’t reach full power to the point you could hear the rpm’s dipping.

Threw in the CNHL 6s 5200 mah pack that had already done a handful of speed passes in the typhon and it did just fine.

Leads me to believe the pack couldn’t put out what I needed from it. It’s on its way back to amazon.
Any chance you have the data log showing the back-to-back batteries?

I would put these in a budget pack option with Zeee/Ovanic 100C/6AH.

For $50-60 if you can get a Racing or G+ 5AH pack deal those will be much better performers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back