CNHL Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortekyteky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hi everyone,

While the sale lasts for the last 4 hours I am making a call on what CNHL batteries to get. I am getting these because they are only decent ones I can get where I live.

Option 1:
Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 5.46.55 PM.png

Option 2:

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 5.47.38 PM.png

The racing series I believe are a newer version, have a higher C rate and are hardcase. Black series have much lower C rate, are an older series, soft case and also cheaper.

Ignore the mAh ratings, I am more interested in quality, durability.

These will be going into a vorteks.

Hi everyone,

While the sale lasts for the last 4 hours I am making a call on what CNHL batteries to get. I am getting these because they are only decent ones I can get where I live.

Option 1:
View attachment 305879

Option 2:

View attachment 305880

The racing series I believe are a newer version, have a higher C rate and are hardcase. Black series have much lower C rate, are an older series, soft case and also cheaper.

What you should actually ignore is the c-rating. There is no standardized methodology for determining a battery's c-rate so everyone just kinda does their own thing. At this point it's used as a marketing device and doesn't really tell you anything objective about the battery. From a performance perspective, the best CNHL batteries are the G+ series which gives them a great bang for your buck ratio.

What you should actually ignore is the c-rating. There is no standardized methodology for determining a battery's c-rate so everyone just kinda does their own thing. At this point it's used as a marketing device and doesn't really tell you anything objective about the battery. From a performance perspective, the best CNHL batteries are the G+ series which gives them a great bang for your buck ratio.

Iirc it goes G+, then Blacks then Racing series as far as real world performance.

Iirc it goes G+, then Blacks then Racing series as far as real world performance.
Yeah, that's my understanding too. I haven't tested it myself but there are some things I'm willing to take on faith.

Hi everyone,

Option 1:
View attachment 305879

Option 2:

View attachment 305880

I can only speak for the CNHL Hardcase 5600 race packs. Love them. Probably my best performing (2) 4s packs right now. Aprox. 18 cycles right now and the cells are still balanced well, And all the IR's are still like when the pack was new. (y)
Used in my TLRT Typhon and Tekno MT410 exclusively.

I have two of the CNHL Racing series 6s 5200mah 90C series batteries for my Kraton 6s. They have a lot of "punch", they balance charge easily, and they have low internal resistance. I bought them when they were on sale: CNHL has sales regularly, and these are on sale now.

Maybe my rigs too power hungry but the cnhl racing 8000MAH 4s packs always choked when I full throttle from dead stop. Definitely had to lower lvc with them.

Thanks all, went with the 5600mah racing series hardcase incase you were wondering. Mostly due to the hardcase.

#2, cheaper, bigger, not 2p
Can you please explain what the 2p means? I understand it is do to how it is wired. Pros? Cons?

Thanks, are there any advantages of running 2p over 1p?
1P are usually thinner as there are fewer cells in the pack, I have some CNHL 5600mah 3S2P hardcase packs and they are almost the same size as one of my Power Hobby Graphene 7800mah 4S1P hardcase packs.

1686864350907.jpeg

1686864456373.jpeg

1P are usually thinner as there are fewer cells in the pack, I have some CNHL 5600mah 3S2P hardcase packs and they are almost the same size as one of my Power Hobby Graphene 7800mah 4S1P hardcase packs.
Thanks, how are those CNHL 5600mah 3s2p packs going?

Thanks, how are those CNHL 5600mah 3s2p packs going?
So far I have only run them once on a new build so nothing to compare them to but they ran great until I broke my battery tray. To get them to fit in the stock battery tray you have to remove the front retainer and they just barely fit.

So far I have only run them once on a new build so nothing to compare them to but they ran great until I broke my battery tray. To get them to fit in the stock battery tray you have to remove the front retainer and they just barely fit.
what rig?

Maybe my rigs too power hungry but the cnhl racing 8000MAH 4s packs always choked when I full throttle from dead stop. Definitely had to lower lvc with them.
That's because you are running that 38+ pound 8s Kraton there.:giggle:
Need to go on an 18 pound diet there.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back