Combine Old Spools Into One

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomis38

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Vendetta
There are many ways to do this, mine may not be the best, but its certainly simplified to the max. I made my own way as I wasn't particularly impressed with elaborate or complicated systems you find online to do this.

This is stupidly easy to print, stupidly fast to do!!! Not elaborate at all.

Combined 30 rolls into 4 in 1.5 hours total, once the filament roll is rolling :ROFLMAO: as you can see it spools insanely fast . I have now used two of the rolls and watched the part thats soldered together go through the extruder just fine!! Presto!! Now that its fully tested I figured i'd make a video and release the files to all.

Thingiverse files:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6542229

Video:

There are many ways to do this, mine may not be the best, but its certainly simplified to the max. I made my own way as I wasn't particularly impressed with elaborate or complicated systems you find online to do this.

This is stupidly easy to print, stupidly fast to do!!! Not elaborate at all.

Combined 30 rolls into 4 in 1.5 hours total, once the filament roll is rolling :ROFLMAO: as you can see it spools insanely fast . I have now used two of the rolls and watched the part thats soldered together go through the extruder just fine!! Presto!! Now that its fully tested I figured i'd make a video and release the files to all.

Thingiverse files:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6542229

Video:

That's pretty slick.
I'll have to give that a try sometimes.

Thanks for sharing. 👍

Thanks guys!! (y) FYI that was 200g left on that spool in the video and it was done in about 30 seconds lol, I cut some of it out as its a YouTube short but its super fast to do.

Just as a note the rollers that are made for large and small diameter spools can just be 20 or 30% infill and are glued onto the main shaft. The rest of the parts I did in 100% infill just to give it a nice heavy feel.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 181000.png

One more note I double sided taped the spool holders to my bench. If you don't they will move around, or you could make a bar that connects the two spool holders together. I wont need to do this often so for me this is easier to have them separate.

One spool holder uses bearings and one does not. Honestly the one that does not almost rolls better haha. The one that doesn't use bearings can be used all over the place for a multitude of different tasks. I found it to be so useful and fast to print that I made a separate thingi out of it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6545450

Last edited:
@nomis38 i also just realized you were one of the first YouTubers I watched for Mojave 6s content you helped me make me decision to buy it back in December

Nomis is all over the social media space!
🤪

@nomis38 i also just realized you were one of the first YouTubers I watched for Mojave 6s content you helped me make me decision to buy it back in December
Sweet man, thats awesome!! Great vehicle for sure!!

After I got the new 6s exb Kraton I haven’t really driven it much mainly because it’s been snowing or raining and even with the scorched fenders it’s just a pain in the butt to clean so waiting for warmer dryer days for it lol

Back