Corally Dementor tested...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s

I think I'll pass on this one...? too much like a copy of an Arrma as we've all discussed before and looks less durable to me..
All the pics and vids I've seen of these Corally's they look very cheap and plasticy, the icing on the cake for me though is it's pig ugly..??

Pass on this rig. Maybe the V2 will be better. I spent my money on a Redcat Kaiju this time around.

I kinda like the body, it looks a bit like 50 era Ford pick-up meets truggy. I'd want to get a clear body and paint it myself.

Drive train looks legit.

If I wanted a stunt truck I'd consider it.

I kinda like the body, it looks a bit like 50 era Ford pick-up meets truggy. I'd want to get a clear body and paint it myself.
It's the weird stock paint job and the front grill sticker that just makes me not like it. I'm sure a custom paint job would be a huge improvement but that front grill sticker is just so ugly IMO. Something called a dementor should really have a more sinister looking front grill, or at least look more pissed off.

These rigs were such a letdown, they looked promising from screenshots and on paper, but they do like most rtrs do and cheaped out in the wrong places.

These rigs were such a letdown, they looked promising from screenshots and on paper, but they do like most rtrs do and cheaped out in the wrong places.
You should still get one ?

You should still get one ?
giphy (15).gif

What did they cheap out on?
Like you said all RTR have flaws but if the basics are good maybe it's still worth looking at.

rcdriveronline has thermal issues with the electronics and broke a tower to chassis brace. The wheelie bar bent too but didn't snap right off.

The chassis for sure is not up to par for a stunt truck basher.

I did like the look of the drive train and the manufacturer sells aluminum diff cups.

What did they cheap out on?
Like you said all RTR have flaws but if the basics are good maybe it's still worth looking at.

rcdriveronline has thermal issues with the electronics and broke a tower to chassis brace. The wheelie bar bent too but didn't snap right off.

The chassis for sure is not up to par for a stunt truck basher.

I did like the look of the drive train and the manufacturer sells aluminum diff cups.
Watch other videos of these cars, the chassis braces are worse than Arrmas.

Drive train looks legit.

If I wanted a stunt truck I'd consider it.
It looks better than the body on the Kronos, but the paint scheme's kinda weird.

Watch other videos of these cars, the chassis braces are worse than Arrmas.
Right. The chassis itself is weak as well, that was covered in the video posted above.

My opinion is that if m2c cranks out chassis and chassis braces for this truck it'll be a win. Until then buy the brand that m2c sells upgrades for.

He is gentle when he say that some breakages or bent things came by doing crazy things with pretty big air jumps on 6s. But when he put footages to illustrate the "crazy big air jumps" i don't see anything really crazy, just average jumps, kind of jumps we can even see on some track with 1/8 buggy on 4s..

Once you break the front tower brace, the second part to break is the steering plate. Watch how small amount of plastic and how close to the edge are the screws on the shock tower side on this steering upper plate, this is where the plastic plate break. I saw this happens often from photos on a corally basher facebook page, even on the python.

The steering linkage which bend or break is also known. Put a stronger one and then it will be the ackermann which will break.

Really not surprised that he bent the chassis. Same thing happened to Killer off road hobbies, even worst.

The steering servo isn't good at all. Worst than the stock arrma one. In an interview the guy from corally said it is the best quality servo for the value...

This is what corally say :
" If you've got a passion for absolutely insane wheelie-popping action, extreme speeds and mind-blowing acceleration, you HAVE to take a good, hard look at the amazing DementorXP 6S stunt truck from Team Corally! Fitted with a 2050KV motor that can take up to 6S power, the Dementor will blow away your friends with longer and higher jumps, higher top speeds and extreme wheelie action! "

You can't go fast with it because he pops up wheelies too fast and it is uncontrolable. Push 1 millimeter too much the throttle trigger and you lose the control.

The dementor really never tempted me, far less than the Kronos. The Corally body shells are just ugly. I already own a noto and the dementor is too close and from what i know of the Kronos, not as good.

Last edited:
Ask @jym73 about his Kronos.
Don't wake up bad souvenir :ROFLMAO: All who have bought a V1 1/8 Corally have payed to be beta testers. Unfortunately i'm one of them. Caller a bad driver by Corally when i complained about the weakness of the Kronos, then, less than 10 months later, they did upgrade 50% of the parts. They did offer a discount on 30% of the upgraded parts, but you have to pay, for the other parts, buy them at the normal price...And some say that Corally has a good reactivity.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back