Team Corally upcoming buggy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call me an ARRMAFREAK but, I just can't justify buying one of these since I built what I consider a 1/6 Scale buggy. I would think the ASUGA can't be better and I'd like to understand everyone's enthusiasm. Is it because its new or are you all trying to fill a particular need? I mean I just don't think it gets better than this:

IMO.

View attachment 282139

View attachment 282140

View attachment 282141
It's cheap, and if you already have an extended buggie like yours, there's no point. I'm assuming that people that are buying it, like the cheap price, and they don't have an extended buggie.

My lipos don't have plates either
I can assure you that if they are soft case lipos they have a plate on top and on the bottom that is how every single soft case lipo that is worth a damn is made.

Last edited:
Anyone knows the battery tray size. I may need a 6s lipo for it.

Think you could get a couple pics next to one of your stretched typhons so I can get some scale of it's size? Thank you
1677723890586.png

Regular stretched typhon with limitless front and typhon rear, typhon hubs etc. They're very similar in length, maybe the same length tbh. Asuga definitely wider though so if someone wanted to recreate this with a typhon they would definitely need to truggify it.
Anyone knows the battery tray size. I may need a 6s lipo for it.
My smc dv extreme 6300 mah is listed as 165mm length and it just fits and thats with the tray thingie moved to the furthest position.

Last edited:
the truggified typhon was started under the arrma brand but its team corally who made the first trugiffied buggy RTR. Its funny if you ask me 😂. Now they going to make one or maybe release one tomorrow🤣

the truggified typhon was started under the arrma brand but its team corally who made the first trugiffied buggy RTR. Its funny if you ask me 😂. Now they going to make one or maybe release one tomorrow🤣
Yup it was only a few weeks after Tekno released the MT410 that Arrma released the Outcast.

My usual approach too, if a roller is an option. However, TC's motor/esc combo is amongst the best IMO. Even if the radio and servo are suspect, I would choose the rtr on this one.
Now, if TC had thrown some 7075 upgrades into the roller that weren't included with the rtr, I might feel differently.
I guess it depends on what your intended use is? If you plan on a big motor or something, roller all the way. I try to keep things modest in that regard. I like durability over all out speed. Just me✌🍻
I agree that motor and esc combo is hard to beat unless your going a lot wilder with a setup

So basically if you want to stay as an Arrma fanboy, you can build a hybrid Kraton chassis with Mojave arms, hubs, etc. This should get you roughly what Corally have made :unsure: :cool:

So basically if you want to stay as an Arrma fanboy, you can build a hybrid Kraton chassis with Mojave arms, hubs, etc. This should get you roughly what Corally have made :unsure: :cool:
A talion chassis with mojave arms and kraton hubs/stubs/hexs sounds damn cool tbh.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with building out our own, or buying one TC has made, IMO.
I'm invested in both brands already, but loyal to none. No reason to be🤷‍♂️😉🍻

Will you please recommend some Motor/ESC Combos for the Asuga roller.
Thanks
There is nothing wrong with the electronics that come in the RTR - the Kuron 825 motor and the Torox 185 ESC. I have two Corally vehicles with that system in them, and they are fantastic. You could go with a Castle system - MMX 8s ESC with 1717 1650kv motor would work. I have that combo in my Kraton 6s, and it's a beast. It's not cheap, but to me, it's worth every penny I spent on it. And it can do 8s if you decided to upgrade later.

View attachment 282242

Regular stretched typhon with limitless front and typhon rear, typhon hubs etc. They're very similar in length, maybe the same length tbh. Asuga definitely wider though so if someone wanted to recreate this with a typhon they would definitely need to truggify it.

My smc dv extreme 6300 mah is listed as 165mm length and it just fits and thats with the tray thingie moved to the furthest position.
Now that I see em side by side I don't think I want one as much. I've already got a stretched typhon on mojave arms & shocks so they'd be damn near the same size. Still looks cool tho

I'm with @morrjr71
The TC system is very good, but at retail pricing, IDK if I'd bother..
I can't speak of Castle since I've never owned any. Highly regarded though.
A Max6 combo is a possibility, I know there's folks over on the Corally forum who have stuffed a 4985 into a Corally. I think it requires shimming the motor mount upwards though, not 100% on that.
A Castle or Max6 esc combined with a TP motor would be nice. Most say the Castle is the better of the 2..
Max 8 G2 combo is an option, although I've seen too many videos and posts of Max8 G2 esc's letting out the magic smoke for no apparent reason.. I'd stay clear of it for now..
I bet a Surpass or HobbyStar 4082 would be a great fit, or even a 4092.. many options out there👍😎
I've got 3 Surpass motors of various sizes and kv in different rigs myself. They've been great for the money.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230302-085804_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230302-085804_Samsung Internet.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I'm with @morrjr71
The TC system is very good, but at retail pricing, IDK if I'd bother..
I can't speak of Castle since I've never owned any. Highly regarded though.
A Max6 combo is a possibility, I know there's folks over on the Corally forum who have stuffed a 4985 into a Corally. I think it requires shimming the motor mount upwards though, not 100% on that.
A Castle or Max6 esc combined with a TP motor would be nice. Most say the Castle is the better of the 2..
Max 8 G2 combo is an option, although I've seen too many videos and posts of Max8 G2 esc's letting out the magic smoke for no apparent reason.. I'd stay clear of it for now..
I bet a Surpass or HobbyStar 4082 would be a great fit, or even a 4092.. many options out there👍😎
I've got 3 Surpass motors of various sizes and kv in different rigs myself. They've been great for the money.
Thanks for the reply. I see where the stock motor in the rtr is a 4075. Do you happen to know how much room (length and diameter) in the roller for the motor to fit? I would hate to buy a motor that is too large to fit. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back