Custom parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_RC_Corpses

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Senton 6s
A friend of mine is thinking about taking his family's machine shop over. I too will be heavily involved in it. I'd like to ask everyone a question. What custom parts would we like to see for what models and brands? And we would be willing to give the first off out for free to whoever wanted to provide us with said part for a few weeks to reverse engineer it and machine a better one. Bear in mind this is all still the earliest of stages of talks about taking the shop over. Just looking to see what kind of work we could do to turn a profit and help the RC community any way we can. First projects we're probably going to go after is extended motor mounts because they are fairly easy to machine.

Stainless or just steel front/rear skid plates that wear more slowly when bashing at skate parks. Fairly simple to make. Would be even easier if I had a bench grinder and band saw. As it is, I have a hack saw and a dremel. At least I have a countersink bit to lower the screws half way into the plate LOL!

2018-0730-Outcast-Bottom-SteelPlates.jpg

I had to do the same on my revo's otherwise I'd grind through a rear skid plate in one bash, then lose my hinge pins. After seeing the bottom of my buddies talion, I knew I'd have to do the same on the outcast. Steel holds up for quite a while. I drilled the holes on the rear one kind of crooked, but it still works fine.

Stainless or just steel front/rear skid plates that wear more slowly when bashing at skate parks. Fairly simple to make. Would be even easier if I had a bench grinder and band saw. As it is, I have a hack saw and a dremel. At least I have a countersink bit to lower the screws half way into the plate LOL!

2018-0730-Outcast-Bottom-SteelPlates.jpg

I had to do the same on my revo's otherwise I'd grind through a rear skid plate in one bash, then lose my hinge pins. After seeing the bottom of my buddies talion, I knew I'd have to do the same on the outcast. Steel holds up for quite a while. I drilled the holes on the rear one kind of crooked, but it still works fine.
Dig it. When we start making parts give me dimensions from center to center on the bolt holes on your non-arrma vehicles

Exactly and a higher grade aluminum 7075 with a 3mm thickness. I would definitely purchase that.
Now my next question for all the arrma heads. Are the senton/Typhon/outcast and the kraton/talion the same chassis? I have a senton and a kraton to make prints from

Well from the v3 chassis. Senton, kraton and outcast share the same chassis. Kraton and talion do not share the same chassis even though they may be the same length.
How does the Kraton and Outcast share the same chassis? I thought the Kraton was the same length as the Talion. No?

How does the Kraton and Outcast share the same chassis? I thought the Kraton was the same length as the Talion. No?
I know the senton and the kraton are not the same chassis as I own both. The talion Typhon and outcast I'm in sure of. I'll look in my parts book and see what #'s if any line up

@olds97_lss @arrmaracing I looked it up. They make a short wheelbase that is the Senton/Typhon/Outcast and a long wheelbase that is the Talion/Kraton. So I should have all the chassis covered for prints for a 3-3.5mm thick lightened racer series and a 4-5mm thick basher series.

L
@olds97_lss @arrmaracing I looked it up. They make a short wheelbase that is the Senton/Typhon/Outcast and a long wheelbase that is the Talion/Kraton. So I should have all the chassis covered for prints for a 3-3.5mm thick lightened racer series and a 4-5mm thick basher series.
Lol my bad boys.... i meant typhon, senton and outcast share the same chassis. The talion and kraton are different because of the servo mount position.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back