Extended Custom Chassis 12s Street DBXLE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes 50 percent profit.. anything less would' be uncivilized 😆🤣 and you want all rights reserved

A lot better than being a brown nose 🤣🤣
Just going to CC you into the emails and tell them you are my legal team!!
Profit sharing percentage in direct proportions to your name!
Sounds good to me!!

I once had a cashier girl ask me about my name after reading my ID for an alcohol purchase. I said in a joking way "It's long and german!" and she laughed quite hard and said "I am sorry I took that in a dirty way"

When you stretch a 5th scale car you know it's going to be a big big big car.:cool:
Car Wheel GIF by jamoa

When you stretch a 5th scale car you know it's going to be a big big big car.:cool:
Car Wheel GIF by jamoa
It's pretty gnarly! I am looking forward to weighing it and seeing what it comes in at with batteries.
Did you say it with a straight face and in Mr.Olympian Schwarzenegger 's voice/accent...
Of course, there is no other way to say it!! Now if only I could flex like him

Arnold Schwarzenegger Fitness GIF

I ordered some more carbon to make some stuff and I ordered some nylon rods to attempt to extend the roll cage. My side guards are showing up today so I will be able to cut those and make the whole chassis have side guards tonight. I will get the front bumper on as well so it doesn't look so incomplete up there.

I know its nuts but I keep thinking of how immensely amazing it would be to have a dual max 4 setup on this thing.........The power is already plenty but just the visual aspect of that would be so sick and SO unnecessary. Not to mention another $800 for motor and esc and $300 in batteries and the tires and gears that it would inevitably eat

It's pretty gnarly! I am looking forward to weighing it and seeing what it comes in at with batteries.

Of course, there is no other way to say it!! Now if only I could flex like him

Arnold Schwarzenegger Fitness GIF

Buddy,
You're still so young..
100 squats, 100 situps, 100 pushups a day and you'll be on your way!

I ordered some more carbon to make some stuff and I ordered some nylon rods to attempt to extend the roll cage. My side guards are showing up today so I will be able to cut those and make the whole chassis have side guards tonight. I will get the front bumper on as well so it doesn't look so incomplete up there.

I know its nuts but I keep thinking of how immensely amazing it would be to have a dual max 4 setup on this thing.........The power is already plenty but just the visual aspect of that would be so sick and SO unnecessary. Not to mention another $800 for motor and esc and $300 in batteries and the tires and gears that it would inevitably eat

Well, you have already gotten contacted by Losi..
Why not reach back out to them for a little sponsorship/funding to allow them to slap some of their marketing, branding and support to your build..
Let them put $$$ where their mouth is IF they are serious about 'supporting' immensely creative customers.

Like Nike ➡️ Just do it 👍

Buddy,
You're still so young..
100 squats, 100 situps, 100 pushups a day and you'll be on your way!

Well, you have already gotten contacted by Losi..
Why not reach back out to them for a little sponsorship/funding to allow them to slap some of their marketing, branding and support to your build..
Let them put $$$ where their mouth is IF they are serious about 'supporting' immensely creative customers.
Lol the only problem is I have no following so I don't see them caring about supporting me but I guess the worst answer is a no!

Lol the only problem is I have no following so I don't see them caring about supporting me but I guess the worst answer is a no!
Me and Tex will follow you.so that's two now and plenty more of members here that will follow and support you..and if losi don't like your proposition then tell them eat a fat one🤣

Got my side guards on last night and honestly I am not super thrilled with the way they look/function. Since I didn't bend up the edges of the chassis they are angled down instead of up, I tried to heat them up and bend them a little but its just not what I am looking for. I am going to make some of my own from some thinner aluminum or potentially carbon. I think I will just do aluminum though so I can easily bend it to what I need. I have a metal shop down the street that always has scrap pieces they sell so I should be able to get what I need today. My nylon rod comes in today as well

Plus the wife has a girls night tonight so it'll just be me, the dbxxxxle, and some beer 🍻 happy friday fellas!

Got my side guards on last night and honestly I am not super thrilled with the way they look/function. Since I didn't bend up the edges of the chassis they are angled down instead of up,

Would you prefer some custom printed side guards instead?

You want them to match your "flatness".. yes?

At What length and
what hole pattern do you need??

I tried to heat them up and bend them a little but its just not what I am looking for. I am going to make some of my own from some thinner aluminum or potentially carbon. I think I will just do aluminum though so I can easily bend it to what I need. I have a metal shop down the street that always has scrap pieces they sell so I should be able to get what I need today. My nylon rod comes in today as well

Plus the wife has a girls night tonight so it'll just be me, the dbxxxxle, and some beer 🍻 happy friday fellas!

Would you prefer some custom printed side guards instead?

You want them to match your "flatness".. yes?

At What length and
what hole pattern do you need??
Well my main concern with that would be when I do take this off road I would be afraid of the 3d printed ones getting cracked and broken from impact of something. Especially being on a probably 40 pound car, Let me think about it and see if there would be something that would be extra beneficial from a specific design by you

Well my main concern with that would be when I do take this off road I would be afraid of the 3d printed ones getting cracked and broken from impact of something. Especially being on a probably 40 pound car, Let me think about it and see if there would be something that would be extra beneficial from a specific design by you

Understood.
🤘

Got the truck out for a first run today! These street tires don't have much grip and then with 12s they just start to balloon really quick and it becomes a bit uncontrollable. The belted ones would certainly be better but I actually think I'm going to just keep it with the offroad setup. But I did get some videos and pictures!
IMG_0434.jpeg
IMG_0438.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the truck out for a first run today! These street tires don't have much grip and then with 12s they just start to balloon really quick and it becomes a bit uncontrollable. The belted ones would certainly be better but I actually think I'm going to just keep it with the offroad setup. But I did get some videos and pictures!
View attachment 356724View attachment 356725View attachment 356726
Wow she's is awesome.i love the size,color ,looks .just perfect 😁👍 supreme work of art ..

View attachment 356724View attachment 356725View attachment 356726
If you're still looking for street tires, KiloWattrc makes makes them for 1/5 scale rig. Mad Max foam
https://www.kilowattrc.com/

If you're still looking for street tires, KiloWattrc makes makes them for 1/5 scale rig. Mad Max foam
https://www.kilowattrc.com/
Yeah I did see those! Higher price tag but they might be better for this kind of situation. We'll see as time goes on but for now going back to dirt mode.
Looks like the car turns and rotates well. I wondered how the handling might be with the size and weight.
Seems like it works perfectly!
I agree it turned far better than expected. Dual servos is certainly helping that. I love having dual servos I think its just cool but also of course nice and strong. I am going to weigh it tonight and see what it is now, its really really heavy

Back