Extended Custom Chassis 12s Street DBXLE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
Howdy, back again with another extended project! I do wish I kept all of these builds intact but they are all gone simply because I always ended up wanting to make it better which I think my progression has been better so mission accomplished I suppose.

My first extended project was based on the 3s chassis and I used a piece of aluminum to connect them together and it came out good but not great.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/xxl-granite-vorteks-typhon-thing.40796/

Then my second build was the same idea just done better and longer and using 4s chassis which was a pretty awesome build with a 6s center diff and fireteam cage fitted ended up being named "SKS" for Squirrel Killer Supreme because it did indeed kill a squirrel that jumped out of a tree directly infront of it.......
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...h-a-6s-center-diff-and-a-fireteam-body.56130/

Third build was deemed Goliath which was quite a beautiful truck. Dual castle setup on 6s. It was serious but had some flaws that bugged me.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-super-stretched-dual-motor-6s-goliath.57694/

Any-who!! I already have the DBXLE I just want to make some changes to it and make it my own.

I found some center dog bones from Rovan RC that are 9.5 inches long which is going to give me an extra 4 to 5 inches in length which will put this dbxle at 30+ inches in length. Which is roughly the same length as Goliath was but because of the scale of the DBXLE this one is going to look far more balanced.

The chassis will be made from 7075 T6 sheet of aluminum, I haven't decided if to go with 3.1mm or 4.8mm thickness. The weight difference on the entire sheet that I am buying (which the chassis will use about 90% of it) is about 3 pounds. 3mm is 5.5 LB and 4.8mm is 8.1 LB. The current idea is to make this a street setup so I am leaning towards the 3mm, plus the 3mm is like $40 cheaper so thats always good. One of my main goals is to have the esc not mounted on the upper deck like it normally is with DBXLEs. I want it mounted to the chassis to keep everything very low profile. Between the extra length and cutting it however I please I think it will work out.

The power plant will be the Max 4 with the 70125 motor that is already in it running 12s of course with the 10,800 mah SMC lipos that I have for it.

The body Is always an after thought with these builds but the current idea is to run the stock body without the panels or maybe clear panels. Clear panels might be really sick. I will have to extend the rear body mount system to accomodate the extra length @Tex Koder ;).

Here's the truck as it currently sits:

IMG_9738.jpeg
IMG_9727.jpeg

Wow that looks fun!

What are your thoughts on that 70125 motor. Does it output big power like one might imagine?
Well with this current setup I can flip this truck on its back from a low speed if I give it some juice lol. It has a lot of power for sure and to move this 35 pound ish truck around the way it does is pretty amazing. Certainly way more power than my kraton 8s that I used to have. I am uploading a video to YT right now of this truck that I took a few weeks ago I will post it here when it is done

@LibertyMKiii here you go

Last edited:
Well with this current setup I can flip this truck on its back from a low speed if I give it some juice lol. It has a lot of power for sure and to move this 35 pound ish truck around the way it does is pretty amazing. Certainly way more power than my kraton 8s that I used to have. I am uploading a video to YT right now of this truck that I took a few weeks ago I will post it here when it is done

Looks like it has the throttle / power of a max6 combo setup 6s Arrma, which is awesome for a larger heavy rig like that!

Howdy, back again with another extended project! I do wish I kept all of these builds intact but they are all gone simply because I always ended up wanting to make it better which I think my progression has been better so mission accomplished I suppose.

My first extended project was based on the 3s chassis and I used a piece of aluminum to connect them together and it came out good but not great.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/xxl-granite-vorteks-typhon-thing.40796/

Then my second build was the same idea just done better and longer and using 4s chassis which was a pretty awesome build with a 6s center diff and fireteam cage fitted ended up being named "SKS" for Squirrel Killer Supreme because it did indeed kill a squirrel that jumped out of a tree directly infront of it.......
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...h-a-6s-center-diff-and-a-fireteam-body.56130/

Third build was deemed Goliath which was quite a beautiful truck. Dual castle setup on 6s. It was serious but had some flaws that bugged me.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-super-stretched-dual-motor-6s-goliath.57694/

Goliath is not gone...
It is being kept ,in good hands..
Just waiting to be Reborn. 💥👊😉

Any-who!! I already have the DBXLE I just want to make some changes to it and make it my own.

I found some center dog bones from Rovan RC that are 9.5 inches long which is going to give me an extra 4 to 5 inches in length which will put this dbxle at 30+ inches in length. Which is roughly the same length as Goliath was but because of the scale of the DBXLE this one is going to look far more balanced.

The chassis will be made from 7075 T6 sheet of aluminum, I haven't decided if to go with 3.1mm or 4.8mm thickness. The weight difference on the entire sheet that I am buying (which the chassis will use about 90% of it) is about 3 pounds. 3mm is 5.5 LB and 4.8mm is 8.1 LB. The current idea is to make this a street setup so I am leaning towards the 3mm, plus the 3mm is like $40 cheaper so thats always good. One of my main goals is to have the esc not mounted on the upper deck like it normally is with DBXLEs. I want it mounted to the chassis to keep everything very low profile. Between the extra length and cutting it however I please I think it will work out.

The power plant will be the Max 4 with the 70125 motor that is already in it running 12s of course with the 10,800 mah SMC lipos that I have for it.

The body Is always an after thought with these builds but the current idea is to run the stock body without the panels or maybe clear panels. Clear panels might be really sick. I will have to extend the rear body mount system to accomodate the extra length @Tex Koder ;).

Dc Comics Batman GIF

You called?
Just let me know what you need.

Here's the truck as it currently sits:

View attachment 354120View attachment 354121

@LibertyMKiii here you go

So Deceptively "Small & Light"..
Because of the way it's ripping!!!

a 35lb rig getting air time -so effortlessly- the way it does...
Screenshot_20240312-105149~3.png

It's a drone!

Last edited:
They are beast setups... I still can't get over the power!!! It's pretty comical seeing it in action...Mike
I know!! It has certainly put the biggest smiles on my face. It is really crazy to see something so big and heavy move like that
Looks like it has the throttle / power of a max6 combo setup 6s Arrma, which is awesome for a larger heavy rig like that!
Yessir it is wicked, I have never actually weighed it but I guess I should. It has also been very durable which has shocked me. That setup probably does about 60mph too which is terrifying to see and hear that thing go ripping by that fast lol
Goliath is not gone...
It is being kept ,in good hands..
Just waiting to be Reborn. 💥👊😉

Dc Comics Batman GIF

You called?
Just let me know what you need.

So Deceptively "Small & Light"..
Because of the way it's ripping!!!

a 35lb rig getting air time -so effortlessly- the way it does...
View attachment 354129
It's a drone!
:ROFLMAO: Batman!!, nope its just Tex!

Hope to see Goliath get the love it needs 🙌

Yeah man it does make it seem light it's amazing. I did blow up a Zee battery in this thing so I decided it was time to do nice SMC lipos. It happened pretty much in that same area in that video and I covered the thing in dirt to suppress the fires which worked really good. It was the Battery that sits under the ESC so I was panicking trying to save that from getting burned and I did thankfully

IMG_9755.png

Aluminum Sheet for the chassis is on order! I went ahead and did the 4.8mm. Now I need to finalize my tire choice. Theres a guy selling 1/5 foams on facebook but theres also duratrax and proline rubber street tires. I think the Duratrax Bandito tires look really nice and are the cheapest which might bite me in the butt, we'll see. Prolines are also belted which the more I think about it the more it might be needed for 12s

https://www.amainhobbies.com/duratr...4bIyCLYe1yR4MmP7spbI7qv7F94n7XWEaAuonEALw_wcB

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...tires-mounted-24mm-blk-raid-2/PRO1020510.html

https://www.kilowattrc.com/product-page/mad-max-1-5-ultra-high-speed-foam-wheels?

https://www.ddmracing.com/MadMax-As...HPI-Baja-5T-5SC-Losi-5ive-DBXL-Kraken-Vekta.5

Another set of tires that might be what I do. They are smaller than the others which I think is a good thing since I plan on making this low plus they will just rip that much harder with less weight and height to rotate
I was able to do 72 mph with the MadMax treaded knobby tire with the XMaxx 8s.
No real complaints with them. They are considerably more narrow than other 1/5 tires.

I was able to do 72 mph with the MadMax treaded knobby tire with the XMaxx 8s.
No real complaints with them. They are considerably more narrow than other 1/5 tires.
Ha! That must have been a slightly sketchy run. They also make a belted version of the street tire now but only as a tire and not mounted so I figure I'll kill this set and then go belted and mount them to the rims. The narrowness is what I am a little concerned about, will there even be enough traction to put 12s down or will it just be slipping. I like the height being 7.4 inches vs something like proline at 8 and duratrax being 8.15.

I am also considering just leaving this as an offroad rig because it would be really fun to have less wheelies and really be able to shred. I guess the beauty is the only adjustment I really will be making is droop screws, preload, and tires.

Ha! That must have been a slightly sketchy run. They also make a belted version of the street tire now but only as a tire and not mounted so I figure I'll kill this set and then go belted and mount them to the rims. The narrowness is what I am a little concerned about, will there even be enough traction to put 12s down or will it just be slipping. I like the height being 7.4 inches vs something like proline at 8 and duratrax being 8.15.

I am also considering just leaving this as an offroad rig because it would be really fun to have less wheelies and really be able to shred. I guess the beauty is the only adjustment I really will be making is droop screws, preload, and tires.
Yeah anything above 65 mph they start to balloon pretty bad. I have some videos of it making speed passes if you care to see em.

Ah..
A clean sheet to create something Ultimate! 👍
Yessir!! Going to get after it tomorrow I think. Can't wait to see the outcome

Here are the shafts that I found. They are actually much more beefy than the stock ones
IMG_0382.jpeg

Back