Extended Custom Chassis 12s Street DBXLE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the truck out for a first run today! These street tires don't have much grip and then with 12s they just start to balloon really quick and it becomes a bit uncontrollable. The belted ones would certainly be better but I actually think I'm going to just keep it with the offroad setup. But I did get some videos and pictures!
View attachment 356724View attachment 356725View attachment 356726
I can't find the words! This thing is beautiful, and even in that tight lot, the control and sliding were sweet!

Well played 👏

I can't find the words! This thing is beautiful, and even in that tight lot, the control and sliding were sweet!

Well played 👏
Thank you!! The control on the slides is pretty awesome with the length and with he sensored system. Can't wait to throw some dirt around with it too. Need to get a fan setup on the motor as well, last time I looked there wasn't much for fan mounts on this big motor. Maybe someone made one now

And just like that ADU racing has a dual mount for it that I did not see when I was looking a few months ago
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...st_main.5.21ef1802xFY2Nm&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

Last edited:
I didn't take any videos because it was too dark but wow, I put it back into offroad spec and this truck is FAR more insane than it was. The power slides into a terrifyingly fast acceleration. Mind blowing what it's capable of

Couple videos! Gps said 60 but that was going across those rocks which I believe is slowing it down a little bit because the tires are spinning, but maybe not. There are big soccer fields right next to that spot so I'll try it there one day

She's a ripper!!!! What's your diff fluid setup? And gearing? ... Mike
It's honestly been a long time since I serviced then but most of that time it wasn't being run. I'm pretty sure I did earplugs in my center and I really don't remember front and rear but my fronts are ballooning a lot so It might be time for some fluid change in the front. Gearing is I believe 20/44 something else I forgot lol

Couple videos! Gps said 60 but that was going across those rocks which I believe is slowing it down a little bit because the tires are spinning, but maybe not. There are big soccer fields right next to that spot so I'll try it there one day

She's a ripper!!!! What's your diff fluid setup And gearing? ...thanks Mike

New appropriate name for this build...

Jacque-da-Ripper!

Wow she's amazing.. that's a ripper for sure .these vids are awesome 😁👍👏👏

What do you think of those things?
Well I think on 8s they would make more sense but even then they might not be great. Mine went into pizza cutter mode real quick so the center of the tire is significantly more worn than the outsides. They became very unstable because it was only riding on that small expanded part of the tire. Along with that I felt like they just didn't have much grip so it was just a constant slide even with very little throttle. They do make belted ones which im sure would be a lot better but you can't buy them mounted on tires you have to buy all the parts separate and mount them which isn't a huge deal but was more expensive than just trying these out. They are beadlock so it would be easy to swap them out if I wanted to try them. But for the price you pay for such large tires its a shame to take them on the street with 12s and kill them quite quickly. I only used them one battery pack and I might be able to get 1 or 2 more runs out of them, probably one. But this truck is even ballooning the belted mx43 badlands so I can't ask for too much lol

New appropriate name for this build...

Jacque-da-Ripper!
lolol has to be read in a very french accent

French Bonjour GIF

Wow she's amazing.. that's a ripper for sure .these vids are awesome 😁👍👏👏
Glad you enjoy! It is a blast to drive thats for sure. Need to get it in some grass and see how it grips. Some paddles tires in sand would be outstanding

I was at my dad's house today and he has a kraton 8s which he ended up telling me to take it home with me since he only runs it with me and I take care of it for him. So I have a good comparison in size for the DBXXXLE
IMG_0455.jpeg
IMG_0457.jpeg
IMG_0458.jpeg

I was at my dad's house today and he has a kraton 8s which he ended up telling me to take it home with me since he only runs it with me and I take care of it for him. So I have a good comparison in size for the DBXXXLE
View attachment 357978View attachment 357979View attachment 357981
I can imagine how big it is in person 🤯 it's enormous, gigantic,these are the words to describe the kraton 8s
.your DBXxxxxxxxxxLE is just out of this world😁👍. It's a monster in its own category

I can imagine how big it is in person 🤯 it's enormous, gigantic,these are the words to describe the kraton 8s
.your DBXxxxxxxxxxLE is just out of this world😁👍. It's a monster in its own category
That huge and 44 pounds is quite the burden to carry around!! Luckily its long enough that I can hold the front bumper and just roll it on the back tires like a suitcase :ROFLMAO:

That's a 4S Kraton...
Hey man don't let the world know my secret......🤫

Back