Big Rock CVD Slider Set

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRockAlpha

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
Anybody have any experience with ARAC3974? Keep popping composite sliders on my Big Rock and wanted to know if this is a decent upgrade. Mixed reviews out there

Anybody have any experience with ARAC3974? Keep popping composite sliders on my Big Rock and wanted to know if this is a decent upgrade. Mixed reviews out there

Yes, I am using them but not for the same case as you. Popping sliders tend to be something else...slipper too tight, 4S power on a 3S rig, etc. Yes guys who go to 4S will get the stronger CVD due to the increased power to the drivetrain.

I used them but I do prefer to use a taller/longer set screw or grub screw than the ones it comes with. Otherwise, no issues personally I can report.

Others will chime in....

Yes, I am using them but not for the same case as you. Popping sliders tend to be something else...slipper too tight, 4S power on a 3S rig, etc. Yes guys who go to 4S will get the stronger CVD due to the increased power to the drivetrain.

I used them but I do prefer to use a taller/longer set screw or grub screw than the ones it comes with. Otherwise, no issues personally I can report.

Others will chime in....
Thanks for sharing. My slipper is another issue. It seems to tighten itself every other pack. I have no issue with the stock sliders when my slipper is looser. Eventually it tightens and I pop a slider. I've probably bought 6 pairs over 12 to 15 packs. Almost always the rear right side. Edit: I'll probably eventually drop in a blx120...still waiting to see if Arrma is going to do anything with the 4S line.

I was popping stock shafts ALOT I went to 4s power as well currently running on 6s in my bickrock and have had no problems since upgrading to the cvd slider set.
Thanks for sharing. My slipper is another issue. It seems to tighten itself every other pack. I have no issue with the stock sliders when my slipper is looser. Eventually it tightens and I pop a slider. I've probably bought 6 pairs over 12 to 15 packs. Almost always the rear right side.
I never replaced them lol I just popped the ujoint back in but like I said the upgrade is well worth it as 6s power is running through it now and have not had a problem since upgrading!

I was popping stock shafts ALOT I went to 4s power as well currently running on 6s in my bickrock and have had no problems since upgrading to the cvd slider set.

I never replaced them lol I just popped the ujoint back in but like I said the upgrade is well worth it as 6s power is running through it now and have not had a problem since upgrading!
Ugh I've popped the ujoint in before too. Usually it takes me 30 minutes to get pissed off enough to get it back in...then it's like 30 seconds. Glad to hear it can handle 6S sounds like I should upgrade.

Ugh I've popped the ujoint in before too. Usually it takes me 30 minutes to get pissed off enough to get it back in...then it's like 30 seconds. Glad to hear it can handle 6S sounds like I should upgrade.
It's worth it brother 100%
It's worth it brother 100%
I badh my big rock the hardest and it just keeps asking for more!

Had an issue with one drive shaft popping. Running in a 50c 3s from Spektrum. Adjusted my slipper and swapped the rear from composite to the CVD and have had 0 problems. I've put it through 8 packs and it holds up great. Wheelies for days!

Had an issue with one drive shaft popping. Running in a 50c 3s from Spektrum. Adjusted my slipper and swapped the rear from composite to the CVD and have had 0 problems. I've put it through 8 packs and it holds up great. Wheelies for days!
Looks like they will be available for purchase in July...I'm jumping on it and I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'd rather spend the money than keep knuckle busting 💪.

I wish †he shafts were better built from stock. ran the truck through 4 packs of the gens-ace-r-spam Bashing battery and I popped mine. Horizon said they would send me a replacement for the one that popped. Bought a whole set from Jenny's RC. Debating if I should just invest in one set of CVD for the back

Last edited:
They will fix the issue of popping driveshafts 100%. I jump, so I had the additional issue of bending/snapping wheel axles. The CVD axles bend/snap just like the stock ones, but are twice as expensive. So I switched to the thicker Typhon axles which are incompatible with the Arrma CVD's. I'm still occasionally popping the stock driveshafts even with a loosened slipper. But it's better than constantly bending/snapping axles.

But aside from the axles, the CVD's are designed differently than the stock plastic driveshafts. They don't have u-joints that can pop. If you're not bending/snapping stock axles, you won't have a problem with the CVD axles, and the CVD's will be a great upgrade to prevent popping driveshaft u-joints.

Last edited:
I wish †he shafts were better built from stock. ran the truck through 4 packs of the gens-ace-r-spam Bashing battery and I popped mine. Horizon said they would send me a replacement for the one that popped. Bought a whole set from Jenny's RC. Debating if I should just invest in one set of CVD for the back
Yeah this is my same logic. I have a ton of stuff I probably should have warranteed but haven't.

ARAC3974 and Arrma part #AR310870 is the same item?

Do the tie-rods require upgrading as well?

I have also been waiting for the CVD for months now!

Maybe the new 4s line will bring a tougher CVD which also can be fitted on the 3s line (with some kind of extra spare part for the ends). That's why they are not restocking. That, or the boring expensive covid freight situation :)

They will fix the issue of popping driveshafts 100%. I jump, so I had the additional issue of bending/snapping wheel axles. The CVD axles bend/snap just like the stock ones, but are twice as expensive. So I switched to the thicker Typhon axles which are incompatible with the Arrma CVD's. I'm still occasionally popping the stock driveshafts even with a loosened slipper. But it's better than constantly bending/snapping axles.

But aside from the axles, the CVD's are designed differently than the stock plastic driveshafts. They don't have u-joints that can pop. If you're not bending/snapping stock axles, you won't have a problem with the CVD axles, and the CVD's will be a great upgrade to prevent popping driveshaft u-joints.
Hmm, interesting .. so how did you make the Typhoon axles work w the Arrma CVDs then? Further mods to make it fit?
I have also been waiting for the CVD for months now!

Maybe the new 4s line will bring a tougher CVD which also can be fitted on the 3s line (with some kind of extra spare part for the ends). That's why they are not restocking. That, or the boring expensive covid freight situation :)
This item is just like the 6S Typhoon shocks.. holy grail items for our Big Rock!

Hmm, interesting .. so how did you make the Typhoon axles work w the Arrma CVDs then? Further mods to make it fit?
There's no way to use the Typhon axles, but someone recently posted a way to use thicker 17mm axles with the CVD's. You get the 4S CVD's. They come with 17mm axles. I haven't tried it, but I assume you'll have to cut them shorter. Then you'll need 8x12x3.5 bearings and 0.5mm shims to make them fit the 3s hubs.

There's no way to use the Typhon axles, but someone recently posted a way to use thicker 17mm axles with the CVD's. You get the 4S CVD's. They come with 17mm axles. I haven't tried it, but I assume you'll have to cut them shorter. Then you'll need 8x12x3.5 bearings and 0.5mm shims to make them fit the 3s hubs.
Thanks GRC!

I installed them the day before on the granite of my little boy, and notised there is plenty of play. Is that normal? I don't like things clicking and clattering around. 😊

Does horizon warranty drive shafts?

Yes I believe I’ve heard they have for some although in the warranty it’s listed as a “wear item”. My question is will they warranty “option parts” (cvd sliders)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back