Limitless Danyrc Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After trial and error I made the limiters. They are approx 12mm and take around 60% of the shocks shafts length, that way with my setup the rear end will never be higher than the front.
View attachment 130884
Isn't this what the droop screws are for? So you don't need the sleeving on the tubes? Just asking I'm still at the sponge stage of learning. I run Shock limiting straps on my 1/5 scale baja but that's because it doesn't have droop screws.

Isn't this what the droop screws are for? So you don't need the sleeving on the tubes? Just asking I'm still at the sponge stage of learning. I run Shock limiting straps on my 1/5 scale baja but that's because it doesn't have droop screws.
Droop screws limit the arms down travel not the up travel, they do the same as if you put the limitters inside the shock body. Installing the sleeves outside the shock body will limit the suspension going up impeding a rear sagging.

Finally today I was able to do a couple of speed runs. 119.2mph with the SMC 6400MAH 6s battery, 32p/29s. Killmode cap pack is awesome, ripple voltage of only 0.71V. SMC voltage sag to just 21.2V when pulling 341.5A. Very pleased for now, tomorrow will try 34p/29s. Will do some mods this week and will try 8s next weekend..
D8A7A187B6624962BEE266C5027A91BA.png

Made some speedruns with 29s/34p, 6s at 122.7mph, pulled 378mAh, ripple 0.8V, blowed one front hoon tire. It's time for putting the GRPs S5.
Received the GP5 diffs, filled with 200k front and 100k rear and installed. CF front and rear shock towers, CF wing end and CF wing mount plates. Will gear it down to 29s/32p due to lower diff ratio and will try to test this weekend..

Impressed with your progress so far. Keep it up! At 340 to 380A you have room to go faster still. I heard something recently that triggered a thought. With race cars you can only heat cycle tires so many times before the rubber starts to behave differently. I wonder if something similar occurs for our RC tires. It would be nice to know after X number of uses they should be tossed because the heat cycles will cause a blow out.

Impressed with your progress so far. Keep it up! At 340 to 380A you have room to go faster still. I heard something recently that triggered a thought. With race cars you can only heat cycle tires so many times before the rubber starts to behave differently. I wonder if something similar occurs for our RC tires. It would be nice to know after X number of uses they should be tossed because the heat cycles will cause a blow out.
Interesting though, I see no reason why could be different with RC tires. That could perfectly explain many blowouts that occur on tires with "light use" and almost new treadwear. We know speedruns are not as harsh with tires like bashing but for sure they inflict a lot of heat to them.

After my experience today I seem to have more trust in a set of tires that has seen a few cycles vs brand new ones
James McCoy was telling me all the new GRPs with the orange ROAR approved sticker are junk. If you have goals of big speeds over 130mph its probably best to stick with foam tires. The more you practice on them the better you will get at it...

GRPs are great for drag and speeds up around 100mph

James McCoy was telling me all the new GRPs with the orange ROAR approved sticker are junk. If you have goals of big speeds over 130mph its probably best to stick with foam tires. The more you practice on them the better you will get at it...

GRPs are great for drag and speeds up around 100mph
I can confirm the orange ROAR sticker is on my bad experience set. Next set seems a lot better though. Maybe roar means less QC/QA...

ps I am gonna give these ultra cheap foams a try.

Got my "Pinocchio spool kit" from Scorched. I have and love their titanium driveshafts but there's no doubt the "Pinocchio" is miles ahead.
View attachment 141207
Very nice, I too ordered the same setup but it seems to be held up in Chicago the last 7 days. Once I get mine then I can justify some testing runs. Looking good

Quick update to some upgrades of my Limitless. Installed the Mugen M8X8 tide rods front and rear, that plus some shims on the axles took out 90 percent of the tires wobbling. Definitely a must upgrade. Removed the rear dogbones and put CVDs. Bought some CF sheets and custom made a rear wing and wing supports.
Because I've been a Futaba user for so many years I feel uncomfortable using the RadioLink RC6GS, even though it has a very good range, it has not direct access to the dual rate menu, you can't regulate the trigger and wheel tension between other things. Reason why I bought the Futaba R2006GS receiver by @GMballistic recommendation and installed on my car with both antennas out of the body. Tomorrow will go out to test their range. I hope it works, if not I will have to go back to RadioLink.

20210528_151014.jpg
20210528_152246.jpg
20210528_151122.jpg
20210528_151633.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back