DO NOT BUY RCAWD CENTER DRIVESHAFTS!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
Absolutely furious right now, got a set yesterday of the Limitless RCAWD center driveshafts and noticed rear was bent out of the package to start. Figured it would hold up being thicker and heavier as even stock shaft is bent that I've been running. Well ya no this sh!t just happened midway through my first pass with these garbage driveshafts 🤬 just cost me a brand new TP 4070 motor to boot so there just went about $200 down the toilet😡🤬 DO NOT BUY THESE DRIVESHAFTS!!!!!!
IMG_20210401_120144221.jpg
IMG_20210401_121131042.jpg
IMG_20210401_121138058.jpg
IMG_20210401_121158095.jpg

Absolutely furious right now, got a set yesterday of the Limitless RCAWD center driveshafts and noticed rear was bent out of the package to start. Figured it would hold up being thicker and heavier as even stock shaft is bent that I've been running. Well ya no this sh!t just happened midway through my first pass with these garbage driveshafts 🤬 just cost me a brand new TP 4070 motor to boot so there just went about $200 down the toilet😡🤬 DO NOT BUY THESE DRIVESHAFTS!!!!!!View attachment 136493View attachment 136494View attachment 136495View attachment 136496
Is the motor damaged internally also? Is there any chance that TP might be able to replace/repair the outer can?

I've never had a speed run setup like this, but what causes the shaft to bend like that? Are they just so out of balance that when it speeds up it bends it?

Bro that is some serious bullsnot for real! How did thst happen 😳 ide be freaking furious as well. Get them on theine Nd get your money back. Wow im In shock bro.

Is the motor damaged internally also? Is there any chance that TP might be able to replace/repair the outer can?

I've never had a speed run setup like this, but what causes the shaft to bend like that? Are they just so out of balance that when it speeds up it bends it?
Ya I'm going to contact TP but I tried contacting them weeks ago and no response back still for a different issue. Hopefully I can maybe send it in and get a replacement can or just a discount off a new one as $170 isn't cheap. So I'm guessing the bend in it when at speed through it off hard and it bent like that from the speed and force.

Come on bud..........you seriously can’t blame anyone but yourself for what has happened. You knowingly installed a bent shaft into a car that your planning on doing some serious speed with. I’m sorry but that’s just not smart.
It’s crap that the shaft was bent out of the box but thats where issue should’ve been sorted with the supplier..........not installed into the car.
The only times iv bent shafts like that is where iv crashed head on into something.

Come on bud..........you seriously can’t blame anyone but yourself for what has happened. You knowingly installed a bent shaft into a car that your planning on doing some serious speed with. I’m sorry but that’s just not smart.
It’s crap that the shaft was bent out of the box but thats where issue should’ve been sorted with the supplier..........not installed into the car.
The only times iv bent shafts like that is where iv crashed head on into something.
I agree with you completely. Not sure how anyone is saying they owe him a motor? He installed a bent shaft and went on for a speed run. He should have either bent it back or sent it back. I wouldn't even run my basher with a bent shaft. Not sure why a speed run was a good idea

Brother, if you know that driveshaft is damaged and you also know that a replacement is on the way, why would you ever decide to run it? I want to be on your side with this one, but this is user error. Sorry for the loss of the motor, but you knew exactly what you were putting into your car.

Edit: I agree that the RCAWD driveshafts are not up to par based on your experience, and I'll keep that in mind if I ever need stronger dogbones.

Might read the post before you run your mouth!! For one I'm not blaming anyone! If you read my post I'm warning others NOT TO BUY the driveshafts. Ya I'm pissed and yes I take all responsibility as you said I knew it was bent and still attempted to run it. As I stated also though the stock shaft is bent also and has held up fine so far which is the only reason I figured it would be ok to run this one as well. I'm more concerned the fact if I didn't check or know it was bent and just installed it this would have been the result regardless from a brand new driveshaft. Again I take all responsibility absolutely, does it make it any better absolutely not makes it worse as I should have just left it out and saved myself a new $170 motor knowing better. But again someone with less knowledge and experience would have installed this driveshaft and destroyed their motor same as I did which is not right period!!
Brother, if you know that driveshaft is damaged and you also know that a replacement is on the way, why would you ever decide to run it? I want to be on your side with this one, but this is user error. Sorry for the loss of the motor, but you knew exactly what you were putting into your car.

Edit: I agree that the RCAWD driveshafts are not up to par based on your experience, and I'll keep that in mind if I ever need stronger dogbones.
Only reason I decided to run it as I said was the stock shaft is bent as well and has done fine so far. Obviously with the extra weight and force generated from these thicker driveshafts they can not be bent at all. Again just don't want my dumbass costly mistake to happen to anyone else that like I said wouldn't think to even check a brand new shaft and install and go with the same result.

Last edited:
Ya I'm going to contact TP but I tried contacting them weeks ago and no response back still for a different issue. Hopefully I can maybe send it in and get a replacement can or just a discount off a new one as $170 isn't cheap. So I'm guessing the bend in it when at speed through it off hard and it bent like that from the speed and force.
Just a heads up, they sold me a new rotor when I overheated my original one and the magnets went weak on me. They sold me the rotor for $85 instead of a new motor at $150. They were very quick to respond and ship for me.

Might read the post before you run your mouth!! For one I'm not blaming anyone! If you read my post I'm warning others NOT TO BUY the driveshafts. Ya I'm pissed and yes I take all responsibility as you said I knew it was bent and still attempted to run it. As I stated also though the stock shaft is bent also and has held up fine so far which is the only reason I figured it would be ok to run this one as well. I'm more concerned the fact if I didn't check or know it was bent and just installed it this would have been the result regardless from a brand new driveshaft. Again I take all responsibility absolutely, does it make it any better absolutely not makes it worse as I should have just left it out and saved myself a new $170 motor knowing better. But again someone with less knowledge and experience would have installed this driveshaft and destroyed their motor same as I did which is not right period!!

Only reason I decided to run it as I said was the stock shaft is bent as well and has done fine so far. Obviously with the extra weight and force generated from these thicker driveshafts they can not be bent at all. Again just don't want my dumbass costly mistake to happen to anyone else that like I said wouldn't think to even check a brand new shaft and install and go with the same result.
Run my mouth??.........You’re the one on here crying about how YOU damaged a motor by installing a shaft that you knew was bent.
You should be warning people not to run ANY bent shafts in RC cars as a result of what happened in your case......... and maybe use a little common sense too 😉

C
Run my mouth??.........You’re the one on here crying about how YOU damaged a motor by installing a shaft that you knew was bent.
You should be warning people not to run ANY bent shafts in RC cars as a result of what happened in your case......... and maybe use a little common sense too 😉
Cool story bro go troll someone that cares about your 2 cents 🖕
Ignored also so don't waste your time posting in my thread!!

Last edited:
Don’t be mad I called you out on your dumb ass decision to run a car with a bent shaft........ And to look for sympathy on a Forum is laughable.
You’re a joke mate 🖕🖕
You’re a Rookie to speed running......... Get some experience up before making calls on “should I run this bent part”
Baby steps bud......... baby steps.

Let's chill out now; this convo isn't helpful anymore. And @Spoc85 let the speed do the talking before calling people names. Btw if you speed run and you've got numbers to post, DM me and I'll add them to the list (we've got a list now :cool: ).
Speaking of I'll get video of todays 108mph PB with the Lim going👍 not sure what guys still going on about but I don't see homeboys name above my 125mph🤷 just saying....

Let's chill out now; this convo isn't helpful anymore. And @Spoc85 let the speed do the talking before calling people names. Btw if you speed run and you've got numbers to post, DM me and I'll add them to the list (we've got a list now :cool: ).
I’m chilled........ Old mates the one who started arcing up but it’s all good 👌

Speaking of I'll get video of todays 108mph PB with the Lim going👍 not sure what guys still going on about but I don't see homeboys name above my 125mph🤷 just saying....
I apologise if I pinched one of your nerves mate...... I get a little carried away sometimes 🤷‍♂️.

How about a little friendly competition?

Have you still got a BLX ESC laying around that you can throw in that Typhon?

I also had no good experience with RCAWD drive shafts. Whiles looking in my picture gallery i couldn't find it, yet did find a picture of the GPM version. So if you now think,, RCAWD is bad, i should go for a GPM in my 8S setup. This is what mine looked like after one run:

gpm.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back