Do you like xt90 plug or EC5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XT90 for the simple fact that all of my batteries and ESC's have them with the exception on the batteries for my Losi Rock Rey (EC3) and Super Rock Rey (EC5).

I just switched all my stuffs to ec5 a few weeks ago, and I have no regrets. We'll see how I feel after a season with em.

I recently switched everything to XT90 as well. Really good connection, but sometimes a little hard to take apart. I consider that a good thing, as I've had different connectors that would come apart during hard bash sessions. Soldering was hard at first, but I learned that attaching a male and female together while you're doing it, makes for much better results. If I get a new rig that has different, I'll likely switch to the XT90. In the case of the new Arrmas, which will be using the new IC5 smart connector, probably going to have to buy an adapter.

Whats the trick to doing the ec5's? Do you solder then push it in or do you push it in then solder? Reason I ask is my buddies kept pulling out of the plug.

Whats the trick to doing the ec5's? Do you solder then push it in or do you push it in then solder? Reason I ask is my buddies kept pulling out of the plug.

I changed mine to ec5s and found that while it’s still very warm the bullet slips into the connector easier than when it’s fully cooled. Just seems to always work when I do that

Both are great. After I got the hang of soldering XT90 I prefered those. I buy the style with the plastic butt caps that slide over the leads. They look very clean, have almost no risk of exposing wife, and give you lots of purchase for disconnecting batteries. I switched everything over last month.

Both are great. After I got the hang of soldering XT90 I prefered those. I buy the style with the plastic butt caps that slide over the leads. They look very clean, have almost no risk of exposing wife, and give you lots of purchase for disconnecting batteries. I switched everything over last month.
I know my wife would be pissed at me if I exposed her to the public! LOL but I do like the ones with the plastic caps better as well.

I know my wife would be pissed at me if I exposed her to the public! LOL but I do like the ones with the plastic caps better as well.
Just saw it!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back