Does anyone know if or when Hobbywing will release the Max 6 G2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even know about the 4990..
I have been looking for power ratings on the new 5690 they put out. Haven't found it yet but my guess is similar to the 4985?

Can the G2 stuff be used without sensor? They're actually sensored now right? Not just a temp sensor?
I only ask just in case something happens to the sensor wire or bearing in the motor. A simple bearing change in a brushless motor may not be so simple or cheap anymore?
Typically sensored esc’s can also run non-sensored motors.

Typically sensored esc’s can also run non-sensored motors.
Yes, but where is the sensor in the motor? In industrial motors the sensor is incorporated into the bearing itself. Which turns a $20 EMQ bearing into a $200 bearing. Maybe rc motors are different?
Ah, disregard. I just watched a vid on YT from Boca on replacing motor bearings in a Castle. Regular bearings. I do wonder though how that actually works.. another discussion perhaps.

Last edited:
Yes, but where is the sensor in the motor? In industrial motors the sensor is incorporated into the bearing itself. Which turns a $20 EMQ bearing into a $200 bearing. Maybe rc motors are different?
Ah, disregard. I just watched a vid on YT from Boca on replacing motor bearings in a Castle. Regular bearings. I do wonder though how that actually works.. another discussion perhaps.
A hall sensor board in the rear of the motor that can detect the position of the magnets

Sorry if i missed it in the thread, any pricing info?
Not yet, but my best guess is 290 for 4990 variant and 310 or 320 for the bigger motor based on the Max8 and Max5 prices.
SKU is HW30105100 if you wanna google and see a couple international listings. Looks like it will be 180 USD for the ESC.

Not yet, but my best guess is 290 for 4990 variant and 310 or 320 for the bigger motor based on the Max8 and Max5 prices.
SKU is HW30105100 if you wanna google and see a couple international listings. Looks like it will be 180 USD for the ESC.
Nice, pricing on the sites i see go right in line with your estimates - Happy Birthday to me!

Not available as a combo yet eh? Specs are great, not sure I'm interested in the combo at $300 though? Only real draw for me would be 8.4v BEC. Otherwise Amain has the Max6/1100 combo at $235 right now.

Come on, just do a Max5, beat your brother.

Come on, just do a Max5, beat your brother.
I know right? I'm so lame!!😂
I even had a nice offer on a Max5/56113 laid out before me and still turned it down!! Too much for our small space. Add wear and tear from the "big block".. I can't justify it. Low Fidelity I guess, LOL.

Good find. Can't complain about 200a. I wonder if $150 is the permanent price or only the pre-order price.

Also, is the new 4990 motor too long for 1/7 on-road cars?
I think that's too long but I made a 92mm fit so 90mm gotta be a helluva lot easier tbh! I bet it's doable.

Last edited:
I definitely did not mean to dismiss the Max6 G2 in any way. More amp capacity, higher BEC circuit capacity and sensored capability are huge advancements for the same price.. should be kickass!!

Good find. Can't complain about 200a. I wonder if $150 is the permanent price or only the pre-order price.

Also, is the new 4990 motor too long for 1/7 on-road cars?
I think so without a different motor mount. The 1717 from castle is 85mm and it's a very very tight fit.
Sounds from Hobbywing like it only fits in Limitless

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 8.34.10 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 8.34.10 AM.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Did that 3D steering post work out? I haven't tried one myself.
honestly I ended up not using it since I changed motors. originally I had shaved the steering post to fit the tp 5660 and if I would have needed 2mm less clearance it would have been nice

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back