Does anyone use a power supply with a lipo charger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This 3 prong plug goes into the wall socket that's attached to the wall. Do not touch the metal prongs as your plugging it in. Hope this helps.

IMG_20230310_180101897.jpg

This 3 prong plug goes into the wall socket that's attached to the wall. Do not touch the metal prongs as your plugging it in. Hope this helps.

View attachment 284431
I love when you call tech support for something and they ask you that question. Is the device plugged in ?!?! You’re already pissed off from waiting on hold….. 😂

The best setup for newbies is the Smart batteries and charger from Spectrum. Takes all the worry out and is the safest system available.

The best setup for newbies is the Smart batteries and charger from Spectrum. Takes all the worry out and is the safest system available.
I don’t think you understand my question or I’m not explaining it correctly. I’m trying to understand how to run a power supply with a lipo charger. I believe you can charge them must faster if I understand it correctly. I have zero spektrum batteries and chargers. Way overpriced.

You maybe treading dangers waters trying to charge a lipo too fast. As for a power supply that all depends on what your charger can use. As one who has used lipo's for many years, totally disagree on your over priced statement. The ease of use and their self discharge to storage too is priceless to me. To each their own. Nice thing about competition. As far as a power supply, would not touch that, to dangerous. To high risk of fire and someone coming back with intention to sue for wrong advice. Good luck.

You maybe treading dangers waters trying to charge a lipo too fast. As for a power supply that all depends on what your charger can use. As one who has used lipo's for many years, totally disagree on your over priced statement. The ease of use and their self discharge to storage too is priceless to me. To each their own. Nice thing about competition. As far as a power supply, would not touch that, to dangerous. To high risk of fire and someone coming back with intention to sue for wrong advice. Good luck.
Appreciate your feedback. Thanks

Thanks. I’m trying to understand the benefits of using a power supply if any at all…
In a nutshell it allows the charger to output more power. I have one but never use it with the chargers I have. I’ve never done parallel charging but I’ve heard that’s when a power supply really shines.

Dunno if this helps, but the brick on the left is the power supply that plugs into wall outlet. From there I connect a 2-stranded lead (I just used some speaker wire of sufficient diameter in this case) with an XT60 connector on each end from the power supply to the charger (device on the right). Turn on the power supply and she's ready to rip.
1678493630331.jpeg

Dunno if this helps, but the brick on the left is the power supply that plugs into wall outlet. From there I connect a 2-stranded lead (I just used some speaker wire of sufficient diameter in this case) with an XT60 connector on each end from the power supply to the charger (device on the right). Turn on the power supply and she's ready to rip.
View attachment 284444
Thank you. Is that a ISDT charger ?

Appreciate you. Thanks.

That being said, if you want to experiment with higher charge rates you can easily adapt a 1000W server PSU for probably less than 35 bucks. Kind of a fun, cheap project if you're into that kind of thing.

I don’t think you understand my question or I’m not explaining it correctly. I’m trying to understand how to run a power supply with a lipo charger. I believe you can charge them must faster if I understand it correctly. I have zero spektrum batteries and chargers. Way overpriced.

What charger? And what batteries (size and voltage) are you trying to charge? A charger that can do 100W on AC, and 400W using a separate power supply, would see no benefit, if you only need 25W for charging your batteries.

6S packs max out at 25.2V, which makes the math kind of "nice". 100W, charging 6S, will basically give you 4A of charge current into the battery. For charging 3S, 100W gives you 8A. If you're charging a single 3S 5000mAh pack, at 5A, then this hypothetical 100W output is plenty, and you don't really need the 400W output that you could achieve with an external ~450W or greater power supply.

So, tell us more about your situation, otherwise it's all just theoretical.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back