Granite Driveshaft upgrades for 3S BLX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try loosening your slipper a bit, I've ran stock driveshafts since I got my granite only had rears go out once after tightening slipper too much. Slipper should be tightened all the way and then loosened 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 turns
Sorry, noobie here, description of "adjustment of the slipper" please !

I have been running the arrma upgraded axles (metal cvd's) for a year now with no problems at all. I run a hobbywing esc/motor combo and have my slipper set at 1/4 from tight and used loctite to secure it. I have a thread on these cvd's with pictures, measurements and my experience with them. They are a little costly upfront but are so well worth it. I've had no problems whatsoever with them.

How to avoid your driveshafts, spur, everything else breaking that people think they need to replace with steel.
So…a sanity video. Help real back in that contagious peer pressure urge to upgrade upgrade upgrade. Love it and will look for it! Thanks buddy, as always.
My driveshafts keep breaking at the wheel hinge on both my Granite and Senton. Is there a better/more durable part I can be using or is there a way to better secure the stock version?

I'm grateful for the warranty replacement parts but I'm tired of having to do this job over and over...

View attachment 111619

View attachment 111620
Stock parts work. Those drive shafts are durable when treated right. Properly set slipper and easy punch setting ( I prefer setting 3, the one that it comes with).

Also, good driving/maintenance habits help…Like never landing under hard throttle. Accelerating a touch easier in a high traction setting. Be a bit easier on the throttle if you are running between high traction and low traction surfaces as wheel spin suddenly stopping is like landing under acceleration. I rotate my driveshafts every now and then. Front to back and left to right side. You may have noticed that the rear driveshafts take more abuse.

Over the last eight months between three 3s cars I have popped one driveshaft. And that was on a brand new big rock that had a clenched tight slipper and I was on a high traction surface. Of course you can put in metal driveshafts. But that adds weight. A heavy car takes more damage. It will also transfer any hard forces to the next plastic parts (differentials). Good luck!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back