DS3235 35kg servo just got a Pro upgrade, more power!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Myself and a lot of others use the DS3235 Amazon 35kg servo for many 6S rigs and 3S if you like. Some don't like it I get it.

Troy just posted this below the new PRO version ups the kg. Not bad still for $7 difference. Not that I believe you are getting the full kg but it does get you closer to a true 35kg if that is your goal

Standard 35kg servo: Standard
PRO 35kg servo: Pro

Nice to see a new option. I'd be interested to see how this compares to the $40 (on sale) HobbyStar HBW-4274HV 35kg brushless servo that's 35kg @8.4V

Wondering if anyone has confirmed what this review talks about regarding the o-ring:

Screenshot_20220607-101500.png

Screenshot_20220607-101506.png

I personally think the DS3225SG (25KG) is more worth it since it is only 2kg off from what it claims. Whereas the DS3235 (35KG) one is off by around 15KG. I mean why buy a 35KG servo that only delivers 18-20kg? But perhaps this new DS3235 PRO will perform better

I personally think the DS3225SG (25KG) is more worth it since it is only 2kg off from what it claims. Whereas the DS3235 (35KG) one is off by around 15KG. I mean why buy a 35KG servo that only delivers 18-20kg? But perhaps this new DS3235 PRO will perform better
Is it really that weak though? that 35kg servo seems to work great for turning my kraton wheels.

Ask @SrC, he wrote that review.
Yeah its no secret. (y)
I need to buy the Pro.
Wondering if anyone has confirmed what this review talks about regarding the o-ring:

View attachment 222169

View attachment 222170
Yeah this is me.:LOL:
Need to pick up a Pro and disect it to see what is different, if there even is any. I need a spare one anyway.
The Pro has a big jump in Speed and Torque. Is it legit?? IDK. And I have never seen the basic DS3235sg advertised to work with 8.4 volts. Maybe I missed something.
It probably all comes down to the Coreless motor. If this is a legit "Pro" upgrade. If so, $7 more is not tragic.
Sometimes a gear train drive reduction tweak alone can enhance torque and speed of a servo. Input Voltage remaining constant.

Last edited:
According to the test RC Review @ youtube did it is,View attachment 222185

But then again there is probably a lot of variety on these servos
Damn you can't trust poop these companies say lol.
Yeah its no secret. (y)
I need to buy the Pro.

Yeah this is me.:LOL:
Need to pick up a Pro and disect it to see what is different, if there even is any. I need a spare one anyway.
The Pro has a big jump in Speed and Torque. Is it legit?? IDK. And I have never seen the basic DS3235sg advertised to work with 8.4 volts. Maybe I missed something.
It probably all comes down to the Coreless motor. If this is a legit "Pro" upgrade. If so, $7 more is not tragic.
Sometimes a gear train drive reduction tweak alone can enhance torque and speed of a servo. Input Voltage remaining constant.
I always run mine at 8 or 8.4 but it's definitely not advertised to support it.

Myself and a lot of others use the DS3235 Amazon 35kg servo for many 6S rigs and 3S if you like. Some don't like it I get it.

Troy just posted this below the new PRO version ups the kg. Not bad still for $7 difference. Not that I believe you are getting the full kg but it does get you closer to a true 35kg if that is your goal

Standard 35kg servo: Standard
PRO 35kg servo: Pro

I just got mine for a Typhon 6S. Waiting for another part so will try it this week.
Its powerful and faster than most at the same price i believe.
Average BEC is 6v so its close to 35kg, maybe 0.12sec.
(6S BLX) FIRMA 150A ESC, BEC can do 7.4v for 41kg/0.09sec

Torque:
31kg.cm @5v
41kg.cm @7.4v
45kg.cm @8.4v

Speed:
0.14sec/60°@5v
0.09sec/60°@7.4
0.08sec/60°@8.4

$40 on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZTY668R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

61xkaHyXIPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

F

Last edited:
I find CN marketing terms to be funny at times. Their translations to English and other languages don't translate well.
What does "Aviation Aluminum Material" truly mean here???
Described here for the middle gear. The Motor Pinion's "spur gear". This gear is usually the "sacrificial" gear with any servo.
Is it 7075, 6061, or just some Monkey metal?:giggle:

I find CN marketing terms to be funny at times. Their translations to English and other languages don't translate well.
What does "Aviation Aluminum Material" truly mean here???
Described here for the middle gear. The Motor Pinion's "spur gear". This gear is usually the "sacrificial" gear with any servo.
Is it 7075, 6061, or just some Monkey metal?:giggle:
Haha, well its certainly NOT Titanium!

https://www.aaaairsupport.com/aviat...iation Aluminum&utm_content=Aviation Aluminum

So whats the deal with this?
The arm needs a ball-joint to lineup (Powerhobby Aluminum Fixed Link Steering 25T Servo Arm FITS : Arrma Kraton Outcast Senton Typhon Talion)
Left to Right; Original - replacement - particle replacement.

Typhon6S-Servos.jpg

IMG_2029.jpeg

^^^ You did not effectively Shim the Servo properly in its mount. You can also use a spacer to keep the Link LEVEL. ( while the servo must not touch the chassis) That link needs to be level! How Arrma has it set up, designed to be.
I am not a fan of the HR or PowerHobby Links.
Just bling if you ask me.
Some even had issues with them. The way the Balls are set in place. Little articulation, then they pop out.
I use only the stockers, and for some time now. No issues at all.
And I always use the stocker 25 Spline Servo Arrma horn/Arm.

Last edited:
^^^ You did not effectively Shim the Servo properly in its mount. You can also use a spacer to keep the Link LEVEL. Just that the link needs to be level.
I am not a fan of the HR or PowerHobby Links.
Just bling if you ask me.
I use only the stockers now, and for some time now. No issues at all.
And I always use the stocker 25 Spline Servo Arrma horn/Arm.

Thanks, the servo is as low as it can go and its exactly in the same place as the old one. Arrma uses that ball joints on the arm to make up the difference in height but the replacement doesn't. ??

Spacer/shim here?

IMG_2031 2.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back