Limitless Dual Motor Limitless tp motors scorched full length chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious, but can you do me a favor and measure the overall length of the chassis? Thanks :)
Nudge...bump... ;)
did someone say bump?
season 1 episode 6 GIF by Portlandia

The first batch he made there were only 7. I missed that run. Glad he made more tbh it’s a beautiful chassis.
I was almost sure after this weekend he would be sold out of them but he must have a bunch now
Nudge...bump... ;)
did someone say bump?
season 1 episode 6 GIF by Portlandia
Lol I totally forgot last night l. We had friends over. Send me a pm on here I’ll get it measured up

I do agree with why it’s heavy but I’m going to use the same fc100 body that creates a ton of downforce and I don’t think it’ll be necessary to have the extra weight the
I agree, the FC100 body makes a ton of downforce on the front end, seems unnecessary and just extra weight to have that heavy aluminum piece there. Every time I run the FC100 body at speed it buries the front of the body down. I actually have to raise the front higher than I like so it doesn't scrape the ground the entire way. Gorgeous chassis though..

I agree, the FC100 body makes a ton of downforce on the front end, seems unnecessary and just extra weight to have that heavy aluminum piece there. Every time I run the FC100 body at speed it buries the front of the body down. I actually have to raise the front higher than I like so it doesn't scrape the ground the entire way. Gorgeous chassis though..
Yeah, I had to put travel limiters on all four shocks. I just put in an order for aluminum lower front arms so I can use my Joe Diaz ultra stiff springs with higher pre-load. The stock lower arms were doing weird S-shape things as they flexed around the lower shock mount and droop screws :LOL:

Yeah, I had to put travel limiters on all four shocks. I just put in an order for aluminum lower front arms so I can use my Joe Diaz ultra stiff springs with higher pre-load. The stock lower arms were doing weird S-shape things as they flexed around the lower shock mount and droop screws :LOL:
I also use aluminum lower arms. The plastic ones would flex a ton. Over 3/4 inch between the shock mount and ball end at full speed

Got the body partially trimmed and painted today. Went for something I came up with that matches the end caps of the tp motors. Has a bunch of flake in the sun. Should help me see it better on the road too.
Assembly is gonna begin tomorrows car should go together fairly quick. More updates to come

8FD792ED-979E-40A2-B9E8-5193E45B0F81.jpeg
9EBEBAF0-3F4D-4536-9A41-9B5AF0761D24.jpeg
44285737-E43B-4088-BFEA-AB3CFD0E3D72.jpeg

Started to assemble the front bulkhead. And will try to get the front end together over the weekend. Going to try the vitavon bulkhead with the larger bearing but using the avid bearing. I know there’s been some back and forth about whether to used aluminum bulkheads, so if it doesn’t work out I’ll swap them into something else.
4EDD25C2-0EEA-4B99-9664-A9D985EAE171.jpeg

Mind telling me what color/backer is ?

TIA
Usually I mix up paint at work (auto body shop) but for this I ended up grabbing tamiya cans from the hobby shop.
Translucent yellow first, light misting of metallic silver then a full can of solid gold. Followed by what I had left of the sliver because the gold was still partially see thru after emptying the can

A2AC760B-392D-43E3-A51A-9AACE4703C8A.jpeg
73378895-C02D-428D-9D7D-B3D052EF7116.jpeg

Front end assembly nearing completion.
Need to take apart front diff and replace fluid.
Will be using 2.8 ratio diff.

Added the scorched servo saver delete,
Gpm upper and lower arms to stop arms from flexing, shimmed the arms so there zero unwanted movement

View attachment 227459View attachment 227460
Front end assembly nearing completion.
Need to take apart front diff and replace fluid.
Will be using 2.8 ratio diff.

Added the scorched servo saver delete,
Gpm upper and lower arms to stop arms from flexing, shimmed the arms so there zero unwanted movement
I was kinda hoping those upper arms would let me fine tune the camber. But even when I lock down the screw I can still turn the pillar balls. Do yours do the same?

I was kinda hoping those upper arms would let me fine tune the camber. But even when I lock down the screw I can still turn the pillar balls. Do yours do the same?
I didn’t lock them down yet.
You can use washer over the ball end threads to be able to tighten the ball end down with loctite then you don’t really need the set screw

I didn’t lock them down yet.
You can use washer over the ball end threads to be able to tighten the ball end down with loctite then you don’t really need the set screw
That’s what I ended up doing. Also, check out the GPM steering turnbuckles. The stock had a small bit of slop so I got those. Now there is zero slop. That’s after adding a diff shim behind each outer hub bearing also. I need to pick up that scorched servo saver delete next.

That’s what I ended up doing. Also, check out the GPM steering turnbuckles. The stock had a small bit of slop so I got those. Now there is zero slop. That’s after adding a diff shim behind each outer hub bearing also. I need to pick up that scorched servo saver delete next.
Agree, the GPM steering turnbuckles help a lot with slop (they also make adjustments a lot easier). And yes, you definitely want that SRC servo saver delete. It's worth the price of admission (y)

Agree, the GPM steering turnbuckles help a lot with slop (they also make adjustments a lot easier). And yes, you definitely want that SRC servo saver delete. It's worth the price of admission (y)
Island Hobby Nut is out of stock so I guess I gotta order from across the pond. Oh well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back