Duperbash, M2C going to Traxxas!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve heard this from numerous people. I’ll never own one though, because if I ever drop a whole stack on an RC it’s probably going to be a Losi DBXL-E. Yes, I know it’s a totally different animal but dang those things are cool. I’ve been looking for a good deal on a used one but haven’t found one yet I’d buy. It is cool though that M2C is branching out a bit and if they move more solidly into the Traxxas brand they would quintuple their market share. I’ve always wished that there was an aluminum LCG chassis option for the Slash 2wd. If they did that they would have zero competition as they simply don’t exist in the aftermarket, and with the explosion in no prep drag (which are mostly converted 1/10 SCT’s) the timing couldn’t be better as they would be serving two gigantic markets with a single bespoke item.
Totally agree with you on all points👍
Mods..sorry for putting at symbol if front of the t brand..
Hopefully they don't file a suit because EXB might be suspected infringement..Arrma may not have paid to use an X!! 😬

I'm not saying Xmaxx vs K8/O8.. @traxxas, I'm just saying give me your best parts, WITH a price tag.. I don't wanna have to add upgrades to the cart as I'm buying the thing.
Don’t buy this k8 exb then you have to buy most the exb parts lol at like $300 for them

Definitely not a brand war here either. I am an R/C fanboy, I like all brands and we would all be worse off if we had less choices.

Anyone out there with a car they are unhappy with, Xmaxx or other, hit me up, I’ll take it off your hands

^^^ Easy now KT is my boy.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I could care less if M2C makes parts for other brands. Including Traxasss.
couldnt care less hip hop squares GIF by VH1

^^^ Easy now KT is my boy.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I could care less if M2C makes parts for other brands. Including Traxasss.
couldnt care less hip hop squares GIF by VH1
I do! I want a nice aluminum LCG chassis for multiple Slash’s!

M2C already makes upgrade parts parts for several other brands (Tekno, Mugen, etc). It's what they do...

I guess Traxxas was not a natural fit for M2C since they are mostly in plastic. This could explain why it took a while, but given how popular the XMaxx is, it was bound to happen one day or the other. Especially now that they have pretty much covered the entire Arrma line, they probably have the time to develop more new parts for other brands.

M2C already makes upgrade parts parts for several other brands (Tekno, Mugen, etc). It's what they do...

I guess Traxxas was not a natural fit for M2C since they are mostly in plastic. This could explain why it took a while, but given how popular the XMaxx is, it was bound to happen one day or the other. Especially now that they have pretty much covered the entire Arrma line, they probably have the time to develop more new parts for other brands.
Yeah, probably so. I could see hesitation for doing Slash stuff because the market is so saturated, but NOBODY makes an aluminum chassis for them. I hope they do. I’d buy 3 at least.

I’ve heard this from numerous people. I’ll never own one though, because if I ever drop a whole stack on an RC it’s probably going to be a Losi DBXL-E. Yes, I know it’s a totally different animal but dang those things are cool. I’ve been looking for a good deal on a used one but haven’t found one yet I’d buy. It is cool though that M2C is branching out a bit and if they move more solidly into the Traxxas brand they would quintuple their market share. I’ve always wished that there was an aluminum LCG chassis option for the Slash 2wd. If they did that they would have zero competition as they simply don’t exist in the aftermarket, and with the explosion in no prep drag (which are mostly converted 1/10 SCT’s) the timing couldn’t be better as they would be serving two gigantic markets with a single bespoke item.
I have heard this as well from everyone who has actually owned both. Most of the people who hate on the Xmaxx have never even seen one let alone had one. Same goes for a lot of their vehicles.

Fan boys are the most hypocritical of them all. They will sit there and say that they won't buy Traxxas because their cars always break, then proceed to make a thread about how their other brand car broke(that is supposedly built better) and is basically a complete pile of garbage :rolleyes: Or say this kit costs too much once you get all the required items then proceeds to stick more money than the cost of said completed kit into just one of their other brand cars. Well guess what fanboys. It doesn't matter what brand it is they all break, they all have flaws and they all have weaknesses. And remember at the end of the day we are a bunch of grown men that like to play with toy cars.

The Xmaxx isn't even the first Traxxas M2C has made parts for they have made flywheels for the Revo and Slayer for years.
Yeah, probably so. I could see hesitation for doing Slash stuff because the market is so saturated, but NOBODY makes an aluminum chassis for them. I hope they do. I’d buy 3 at least.
I swear I saw an aluminum chassis for the Slash before. Maybe I was thinking of something else idk. I know FLM makes an aluminum chassis for the Stampede and Rustler.

-edit- Integy makes a LCG aluminum chassis for the Slash https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html...HOi4ur2o2DmvQO4XxuRoCBiQQAvD_BwE#.YY1R6WDMIuU I think the 4x4 models are the only ones that don't have any options for an aluminum chassis.

-edit2- Nope found an aluminum LCG Slash 4x4 chassis https://www.ebay.com/itm/3341394597...P-HkQcyLTSS2rD4CyWcV0t4SIF40VoiBoCbCAQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
I have heard this as well from everyone who has actually owned both. Most of the people who hate on the Xmaxx have never even seen one let alone had one. Same goes for a lot of their vehicles.

Fan boys are the most hypocritical of them all. They will sit there and say that they won't buy Traxxas because their cars always break, then proceed to make a thread about how their other brand car broke(that is supposedly built better) and is basically a complete pile of garbage :rolleyes: Or say this kit costs too much once you get all the required items then proceeds to stick more money than the cost of said completed kit into just one of their other brand cars. Well guess what fanboys. It doesn't matter what brand it is they all break, they all have flaws and they all have weaknesses. And remember at the end of the day just remember that we are a bunch of grown men that like to play with toy cars.

The Xmaxx isn't even the first Traxxas M2C has made parts for they have made flywheels for the Revo and Slayer for years.
Yes, it’s true! I’ve got three brands and I like them all and get irritated with them all for different reasons. Except my Mojave. It has given me no reason to hate anything about it…yet.
And it is a little embarrassing sometimes when someone says “what do you do for fun” and I’m basically like, ummmm, well, I play with toy cars sometimes…. And then they politely shift the conversation. But hey man, they’ve never seen my Mojave running full tilt boogie down a soccer field either!

Fan boys are the most hypocritical of them all. They will sit there and say that they won't buy Traxxas because their cars always break, then proceed to make a thread about how their other brand car broke(that is supposedly built better) and is basically a complete pile of garbage :rolleyes: Or say this kit costs too much once you get all the required items then proceeds to stick more money than the cost of said completed kit into just one of their other brand cars. Well guess what fanboys. It doesn't matter what brand it is they all break, they all have flaws and they all have weaknesses. And remember at the end of the day we are a bunch of grown men that like to play with toy cars.

I swear I saw an aluminum chassis for the Slash before. Maybe I was thinking of something else idk. I know FLM makes an aluminum chassis for the Stampede and Rustler.

-edit- Integy makes a LCG aluminum chassis for the Slash https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html...HOi4ur2o2DmvQO4XxuRoCBiQQAvD_BwE#.YY1R6WDMIuU
We sure love our toys😃
I say any rig is the best when it's working and all are junk when they're not 😎

-edit- Integy makes a LCG aluminum chassis for the Slash https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html...HOi4ur2o2DmvQO4XxuRoCBiQQAvD_BwE#.YY1R6WDMIuU I think the 4x4 models are the only ones that don't have any options for an aluminum chassis.

-edit2- Nope found an aluminum LCG Slash 4x4 chassis https://www.ebay.com/itm/334139459718?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr=1&amdata=enc:1IEpUNGubQP2Dw1uCyGDIBQ49&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=334139459718&targetid=1262407448140&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9020641&poi=&campaignid=12873834706&mkgroupid=117462210850&rlsatarget=aud-622027676548:pla-1262407448140&abcId=9300536&merchantid=102011683&gclid=CjwKCAiAm7OMBhAQEiwArvGi3PWUnEGAEB1BRLGHpdU0c9P-HkQcyLTSS2rD4CyWcV0t4SIF40VoiBoCbCAQAvD_BwE
WHAAAAAT?!? How have I not found this already? Thanks for the links!

Yes, it’s true! I’ve got three brands and I like them all and get irritated with them all for different reasons. Except my Mojave. It has given me no reason to hate anything about it…yet.
And it is a little embarrassing sometimes when someone says “what do you do for fun” and I’m basically like, ummmm, well, I play with toy cars sometimes…. And then they politely shift the conversation. But hey man, they’ve never seen my Mojave running full tilt boogie down a soccer field either!
LOL some politician showed up a few weeks back..had several rigs layed out on a picnic table..oh, big boys and little toys she says..
I says you ain't from round here, is ya!?(fake chew spit)🤣 I don't like any a you people!!
Walked away without another word🤠

Just curious why everyone here feels that an alloy chassis makes the Slash any better. The LCG plastic is fine. Which is better. Why make it heavier?
Think I know the answer though. Trx lovers want to feel included with all the other alloy chassis brands.:ROFLMAO: Not that it makes the Slash any better than it is. Just more Bling.
Just my spin, sitting from my armchair.:cool:

Just curious why everyone here feels that an alloy chassis makes the Slash any better. The LCG plastic is fine. Which is better. Why make it heavier?
Think I know the answer though. Trx lovers want to feel included with all the other alloy chassis brands.:ROFLMAO: Not that it makes the Slash any better than it is. Just more Bling.

I can see the carbon fiber chassis being good for the speed run guys and guys who want a lighter rig.

Can’t disagree. I just wanted one for a dedicated speed run build I’ve had in the back of my mind for a long time and for another that is already totally aluminum. The chassis is pretty much the only Traxxas part left on it. That said, I’ve never broken a stock Slash chassis before, even after many gnarly wrecks. But full transparency, I’m a latent billet aluminum/shiny object fetishist from way back.

Can’t disagree. I just wanted one for a dedicated speed run build I’ve had in the back of my mind for a long time and for another that is already totally aluminum. The chassis is pretty much the only Traxxas part left on it. That said, I’ve never broken a stock Slash chassis before, even after many gnarly wrecks. But full transparency, I’m a latent billet aluminum/shiny object fetishist from way back.
This is one of the things I like about this community.
You like shiny? Cool bro👍 I can respect that.. me? My muddy rigs sit in a dark cold garage as I type this.. it's irrelevant. We all love it for different reasons and wanna make em more enjoyable! Cuz they make us happy..and for me, a kid forever👍😎

I was a TA RC10 guy, so I always bragged about the Alu. tub chassis they used. Then the Slash became a plastic quasi copy of it.
Just going back to the roots of this old Trx rig and what I saw back then. The RC10 transmission design was copied well. Because it was a great design.
Was used even in the early Crawler days.

I was a TA RC10 guy, so I always bragged about the Alu. tub chassis they used. Then the Slash became a plastic quasi copy of it.
Just going back to the roots of this old Trx rig and what I saw back then. The RC10 transmission design was copied well. Because it was a great design.
Was used even in the early Crawler days.
Ah, the gold pan chassis, was 15 when I bought that somewhere round 1985...
Don't quote me, but isn't Traxxas responsible for this RTR nonsense🤔 maybe not the first, but they sure helped make it todays standard😔 That's it, I just don't like them.. even tho the Xmaxx IS good🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back