Duperbash, M2C going to Traxxas!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 179635This was the day I picked her up! I have thought about selling the body and the proline wheels. Make half my money back and then buy something else! As the addiction goes on and on till the break of dawn!

I did not get it from snap on…. The guy was a mechanic and had no kids or anything. He listed it for $1050. Dead of winter I offered $800. He said $850 and I had a deal…. He didn’t know what he had apparently….
I would keep it's a collectable. Worth more then money. My personal opinion 👍

Looks like a shoebox with wheels. Needs an arrow painted to indicate forward, maybe an L and an R on the sides.

I couldn’t resist like a jerk. I ripped that box body around the first night. My friends and kids were dying at watching that big body bounce around.
Also, you can put an xmaxx body on backwards so yes,, a direction would help sometimes. Hahaha ask my friends when they try the xmaxx and I put the body on backwards. They nail the throttle and it goes backwards. Hahaha oh man. I love it! I did get one scuff on the body. But it was worth it. Doing wheelies down the street on a cold winter night. Priceless!

Just curious why everyone here feels that an alloy chassis makes the Slash any better. The LCG plastic is fine. Which is better. Why make it heavier?
Think I know the answer though. Trx lovers want to feel included with all the other alloy chassis brands.:ROFLMAO: Not that it makes the Slash any better than it is. Just more Bling.
Just my spin, sitting from my armchair.:cool:

On higher traction surfaces, an aluminum chassis would help a lot. The LCG chassis is OK, but it mounts the battery too far back and an aluminum chassis would also have a lower center of gravity with more weight all the way at the bottom. I used to race a 2wd Slash, actually I think I have about 25 videos on how to set one up for racing...!

On higher traction surfaces, an aluminum chassis would help a lot. The LCG chassis is OK, but it mounts the battery too far back and an aluminum chassis would also have a lower center of gravity with more weight all the way at the bottom. I used to race a 2wd Slash, actually I think I have about 25 videos on how to set one up for racing...!

I actually found a 3mm aluminum chassis that is lighter than the plastic LCG chassis. I also love the idea of configuring the electronics any way I want, too. I’m probably going to jump on that build this winter. It‘ll be the first on road car I’ve had since the ‘80’s!

Yes, it’s true! I’ve got three brands and I like them all and get irritated with them all for different reasons. Except my Mojave. It has given me no reason to hate anything about it…yet.
And it is a little embarrassing sometimes when someone says “what do you do for fun” and I’m basically like, ummmm, well, I play with toy cars sometimes…. And then they politely shift the conversation. But hey man, they’ve never seen my Mojave running full tilt boogie down a soccer field either!
I work on my RC vehicles all the time during lunch at work in the parking lot and I DON'T CARE what people think about it 🤣👍

I work on my RC vehicles all the time during lunch at work in the parking lot and I DON'T CARE what people think about it 🤣👍

⬆️ This right here. Someone else’s opinion of me is none of my business, thus it’s irrelevant as far as I’m concerned. I’m happy with who I am and where I’m at in life. Being comfortable with yourself is what counts. I play with my RCs every day when I take my kid to the park after school, never bothering to notice any odd looks that may be given to me by other parents because I simply do not care. The only thing I do notice is the occasional parent that is interested and curious in my hobby. And I love all the kids reactions to my cars. The boys want to drive them and the girls want to pet them, its just…great.

Not sure how many from here have been following this but I found it interesting.
Seems M2C has come up with a solid design for center driveshafts on the xmaxx.
More interesting is Rich's assessment of the xmaxx making a good "lighter" duty basher.

Not sure how many from here have been following this but I found it interesting.
More interesting is Rich's assessment of the xmaxx making a good "lighter" duty basher.
I'm going to be honest and say that I wouldn't buy it. All that metal cannot be good right in the center of the chassis. The testers have cracked their chassis and bulkheads easier and I think that might be the cause. I have a split driveshaft in the center too but the mount is made out of 3d printed plastic with a spline and bearings. No issues with my 30ft plus jumps. Rich is doing like 50 or more ft jumps, so that doesn't help either. Realistically, almost no one does 50 plus jumps with their $1k plus RC vehicles. Heck, even my 30ft plus jumps, which the Xmaxx survives with no issues are not common. Maybe some of you here jump higher, but that is a minority.

My biggest issue with Traxxas is that they always seem to leave the the upgrades for YOU to buy.. I mean c'mon, a $1000 Xmaxx doesn't come with HD suspension arms!?
Gotta Agree with you on that! I will add I wasn't impressed with the TRX4 Kit either, flimsy parts and the servos to lock out the diff's were Questionable IMHO

I’ve been following it…but that’s simply because I really like his driving style and get a kick out of the upgrades he does to the cars in order to send them like he does. I personally wouldn’t get a traxas. The high cost kills it and I also don’t like the…image. That elitist thing and all that seems to follow the brand. Makes me feel kind of itchy.

But a full option EXB not coming with all of the EXB parts is different than Traxxas trying to sell upgrades?

But a full option EXB not coming with all of the EXB parts is different than Traxxas trying to sell upgrades?
Not much difference but if I’m gonna spend extra money on a car it’s gonna be for options I choose not what they choose for me. I guess.

Not much difference but if I’m gonna spend extra money on a car it’s gonna be for options I choose not what they choose for me. I guess.
Soooooo… you DO want them to include upgrades or you don’t?

Soooooo… you DO want them to include upgrades or you don’t?
No I don’t… but don’t really care to be honest. I have no interest in Traxxas for reasons I already mentioned. I appreciate RTR cars and enjoy them but next up will be a roller, kit or I’ll piece something together from scratch. I’m pretty sure it will be an Arrma, like 99.9% sure it will be an Arrma.

Exactly. Not defending Traxxas, but Arrma does it too 🤷. And now some of newer Arrmas are just as expensive as Traxxas vehicles

No I don’t… but don’t really care to be honest. I have no interest in Traxxas for reasons I already mentioned. I appreciate RTR cars and enjoy them but next up will be a roller, kit or I’ll piece something together from scratch. I’m pretty sure it will be an Arrma, like 99.9% sure it will be an Arrma.

Same here.

I went to the LHS today. They had a pile of TLRT on the floor, I held one in my hands (very nice)...but then I left the store with only diff fluid and shock oil, which is what I was there for. I got lucky this time...but I'm not sure how it's gonna be that easy to keep my money in my pocket next time. 😜🤑

Same here.

I went to the LHS today. They had a pile of TLRT on the floor, I held one in my hands (very nice)...but then I left the store with only diff fluid and shock oil, which is what I was there for. I got lucky this time...but I'm not sure how it's gonna be that easy to keep my money in my pocket next time. 😜🤑
You actually held it and managed to leave without it? Damn good thing you didn’t name it because if you named it you’d been screwed and have to take it home 🙃

I’ve been following it…but that’s simply because I really like his driving style and get a kick out of the upgrades he does to the cars in order to send them like he does. I personally wouldn’t get a traxas. The high cost kills it and I also don’t like the…image. That elitist thing and all that seems to follow the brand. Makes me feel kind of itchy.
Me too, he has such control. Pretty amazing IMO.
I'm not really a fan of the traxxas business model either, but I now own 3 of them.🤪
I don't ever see myself bashing as hard as he or rc dude 81 and unlikely to break the stuff they do.
I just see no reason to be loyal to a brand.
Exactly. Not defending Traxxas, but Arrma does it too 🤷. And now some of newer Arrmas are just as expensive as Traxxas vehicles
Cuz they can, they have made the rep, now time to cash in?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back