Big Rock Early Christmas present I'm not allowed to use yet ☺️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. Vorteks
Hey guys ,
So this turned up Friday .
My Christmas present 🎁 from my wife came on my birthday.
Been eyeing this up since getting my Vorteks Boost.
December 25th can't come quick enough as I've had to put it away till then lol 🤣.
We fairs fair I suppose....... Best stock up on some more 3s batteries for now .
We pick question for you all as I have a BLX 100 ESC coming for the Vorteks as well as having one on the Big rock is it worth picking up the programming card and updating the firmware on both ESCs guys .
Thanks in advance
ChriswithaC

20221028_122203.jpg

20221028_121300.jpg

20221028_122200.jpg

Happy Birthday! Now put that in the closet and just think about how awesome it will be on Christmas! :D

Last edited:
Happy Birthday! Now put that in the closer and just think about how awesome it will be on Christmas! :D
Thank you buddy and yes I agree , looking forward to getting out with the big rock and my daughter is having her own Vorteks also and I've convinced my father to get one also so we can all go and enjoy this awesome hobby together.
Love this hobby and the community and friendship it brings .
There isn't many hobbies like it .

Thank you buddy and yes I agree , looking forward to getting out with the big rock and my daughter is having her own Vorteks also and I've convinced my father to get one also so we can all go and enjoy this awesome hobby together.
Love this hobby and the community and friendship it brings .
There isn't many hobbies like it .
Awww man, this is great!!! Be sure to check out some of the mod tips and pre-setup on the forum!

Top items are: setting steering endpoints, sealing the power module, and checking the spur/pinion mesh on the 3S line. Any metal on metal parts be sure to use blue locktite. Oh and make sure the wheel nuts are tight!

Awww man, this is great!!! Be sure to check out some of the mod tips and pre-setup on the forum!

Top items are: setting steering endpoints, sealing the power module, and checking the spur/pinion mesh on the 3S line. Any metal on metal parts be sure to use blue locktite. Oh and make sure the wheel nuts are tight!
Thank you very much buddy , I definitely will check them out , I'm quite lucky as I converted the Vorteks Boost to 3s so was able to learn loads from wrenching on that .
But the big rock I totally plan to keep stock as I think it's going to be more than enough for the type of running I do .

Happy Bday!
When nobody is home take the Big Rock out (carefully!), put some bricks in and put the box back together.
No you can secretly drive the car, clean it before Christmas and put it back in the box again.
Open the box and cheer “ Wow the Big Rock with upgraded 4s system and servo!” 🤣

Open it . Its your birthday.
Get the boost upgrades for Christmas.
You got ripped off. Just One present for Christmas and your birthday.:rolleyes:
Just joking.
@ChriswithaC, Happy birthday dude.
Happy Birthday Smile GIF by Travis Foster

Very cool.. happy belated birthday..👍

The program card is handy for settings, but it's not worth purchasing for any updates as they don't update their firmware.. spektrum typically finds what works good enough and walks away from it for good...

Happy Bday!
When nobody is home take the Big Rock out (carefully!), put some bricks in and put the box back together.
No you can secretly drive the car, clean it before Christmas and put it back in the box again.
Open the box and cheer “ Wow the Big Rock with upgraded 4s system and servo!” 🤣
I'm glad your on deck buddy 😜 right now I have a plan lol .
Would you recommend changing the servo out straight away or wait till the stock one goes first .
And thanks for the best wishes 😎
Open it . Its your birthday.
Get the boost upgrades for Christmas.
You got ripped off. Just One present for Christmas and your birthday.:rolleyes:
Just joking.
@ChriswithaC, Happy birthday dude.
Happy Birthday Smile GIF by Travis Foster
I'll definitely upgrade it at some point ( Vorteks ) but I'm in no rush now to be honest.
And ssssshhhhhh I'm happy she supports my new habit lol 🤣
Thanks for the birthday wishes dude 😎
Very cool.. happy belated birthday..👍

The program card is handy for settings, but it's not worth purchasing for any updates as they don't update their firmware.. spektrum typically finds what works good enough and walks away from it for good...
Hey man thanks for the birthday wishes man appreciate it.
Well I watched a youtuber showing the program card and the BLX 100 settings etc ( I believe it was razor RC ) and there was a update for it eg firmware .
Also I noticed that there were a few settings you could play with .
What settings would you recommend changing

I'm glad your on deck buddy 😜 right now I have a plan lol .
Would you recommend changing the servo out straight away or wait till the stock one goes first .
And thanks for the best wishes 😎

I'll definitely upgrade it at some point ( Vorteks ) but I'm in no rush now to be honest.
And ssssshhhhhh I'm happy she supports my new habit lol 🤣
Thanks for the birthday wishes dude 😎

Hey man thanks for the birthday wishes man appreciate it.
Well I watched a youtuber showing the program card and the BLX 100 settings etc ( I believe it was razor RC ) and there was a update for it eg firmware .
Also I noticed that there were a few settings you could play with .
What settings would you recommend changing
I’d buy a better servo upfront and see how the stock ones handles the big tires. Best case scenario you can run the stock one (but probably won’t last very long) but most likely the stock servo is too weak, especially with those big tires.
The DS3225 (or 30 or 35 series) servo’s are cheaper and stronger than Arrma’s stock servo’s.

I’d buy a better servo upfront and see how the stock ones handles the big tires. Best case scenario you can run the stock one (but probably won’t last very long) but most likely the stock servo is too weak, especially with those big tires.
The DS3225 (or 30 or 35 series) servo’s are cheaper and stronger than Arrma’s stock servo’s.
I've got a DS3225 35kg here buddy , I took it off the Vorteks as I found it slower than the stock on one the Vorteks and I do tend to like a faster servo . I don't know if for some reason it wasn't switching over when I went from 2s to 3s , but I did notice the difference with the stock servo .
So I've been looking at other options .
Maybe when I get it in the big rock I won't have that issue mind .
Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas! 🎂🎄🤣

At least you know you will have batteries charged and ready to go on Christmas morning. (y)
Sure will buddy and thanks lol Christmas / birthday .
Can't wait till Christmas.
Going to start picking up some stuff for the BRCC right away .

I've got a DS3225 35kg here buddy , I took it off the Vorteks as I found it slower than the stock on one the Vorteks and I do tend to like a faster servo . I don't know if for some reason it wasn't switching over when I went from 2s to 3s , but I did notice the difference with the stock servo .
So I've been looking at other options .
Maybe when I get it in the big rock I won't have that issue mind .

Sure will buddy and thanks lol Christmas / birthday .
Can't wait till Christmas.
Going to start picking up some stuff for the BRCC right away .
Yeah the 35KG are not the fastest. I run it in my Mojave and like the higher torque. Next time I’m goign to give the PRO series a go as they are the newer and faster servo’s.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1943129663.html?mp=1

Update time guys woohooo
Last night I was given the ok by the boss lady to get the BRCC out of the box .
Very impressed, so for the next few days I'm going to concentrate few the next few days just doing what I normally do and check diffs , loctice a few parts , changing the shock oil , and shimming a few parts that I noticed that has to much play for my liking .
Also change a few settings in the ESC and also calibrating and steering end points before using .
Seems long winded but I just like doing things this way .
Glad I got back in to this hobby honestly . Made up with my Vorteks and BRCC .
I want to keep the BRCC standard until I need to replace parts then I'll upgrade if it makes sense.
One thing I will definitely change is the wheel and tyre combo to what I'm using on my Vorteks , the Jetko Tomahawks MTs, I've been using them and very very impressed with them .
20221123_183937.jpg
20221123_184025.jpg
20221123_191316.jpg
20221123_201826.jpg
20221123_221026.jpg
20221123_221036.jpg
20221123_221044.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back