Kraton End point adjustment in air or on ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Hi
I’ve always done my end point adjustment in the air but I’m wondering if I’ve done it wrong this entire time and if it should be done on the ground.

I do it on a stand and when I can’t wiggle the turnbuckles anymore I back off a tiny bit. Depending on tires some servos won’t even move the wheels on the ground.

I do it on a stand and when I can’t wiggle the turnbuckles anymore I back off a tiny bit. Depending on tires some servos won’t even move the wheels on the ground.
How does the car turn is the servo won’t move wheels on the ground?

The Amain steering EPA video is with the car on the ground

Idka Arrmas stock servos now but the v1-v3 Kraton would barely move their wheels without the truck moving. Like a real car steering hard without it moving a little...
It’s only my opinion but you will get much more steering setting the endpoints with the car off the ground. Maybe a little less servo life.

Set it in the air. The mechanical limit is the mechanical limit. On the ground and still, friction may keep you from reaching that limit unless you overcome that (meaning you go past the endpoint) and that friction isn't there when the wheels are moving.

Amain is WRONG if that is true. At static on its wheels, rig not rolling, the servo does not always reach its endpoints. Off its wheels/raised is best for adjusting. The only correct way this is done. This is basic fundamental RC stuff. No discussions! Only one correct way.
When the rig is rolling, the servo will turn. Stocker Weak servos less so. Ever notice your scale car steering wheel is harder to turn when it is not moving, but when you drive away, it steers effortlessly??? Same with RC's applies here.
I usually back off my EPA when I hear the servo humm/stress, along with a visual confirmation. Back off till the servo is quiet, and/or you see that the there is a tick of Steering play at the wheels. Not setting EPA correctly will destroy any servo. You are "Stalling" the servo at this point, overheating occurs and this taxes the ESC's BEC circuit's amp draw as well. Not a good practice.

I sometimes trim back the Dual Rate anyway some more. Depending on the rig. You don't always need full lock-to-lock steering with some rigs. Can make them harder to drive as well. Where you set Dual rate is a personal call.
But EPA is always done First when installing any servo. I do it out the box when new with all my RTR rigs. The factory is rarely correct. I verify first before running any new rig. I don't trust the factory assembly at all. Been there.
Always check the SS and shim it firmer as needed. Most Arrma rigs need this done to get the most out them. Best ST response.

Last edited:
Every video I have ever seen shows epa set while in the air or on its back upside down.
The steps I was told is as follows
-center servo
-connect servo arm
-drive rc to check its running straight. If not look for incorrect turnbuckle and adjust if needed.
-once rc is driving straight set epa last
- use trim if very minor steering correction is needed.

^^^ (y)(y)(y)(y)

EPA should follow a verified
proper wheel alignment. Toe needs to be correct. Rear wheels need to track with the fronts precise enough. Or the rig will "Dog track". (n) Just like scale cars. Rig will drive and brake like crap. All over the place. Unpredictable handling results.

Last edited:
I like all that Ackerman with that 2wd buggy. Turns me on.:ROFLMAO:
Good vid however.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back