Kraton ENUFFS ENUFF ,already !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$60 shipped from EBAY was close enough to Jenny that adds shipping.
I also like the Minokawa LP on my Talion. Barely any difference in weight to the Katar, they slide when I want and can also work more with airing out.
I busted Katar wheels and blew out rubber on 6s loose dirt first run / first Arrma. I wasn't discouraged because I came from a ERevo 2. Since then I've figured it out. I can't say the Mino LP are better or worse than Katar on surfaces I drive but sure enough, I've been into em lately.
I want to try the newer Katar on my v3 Typhon when I get back to playing with it again.
Horizon is out of stock of the Backflip LP ?

Dam! No Ebay stock currently for $60 shipped. I hope they don't start getting expensive for demand.
I marked out stuff but these details may not matter.
I guess I paid $66...sorry for the misinfo. Sure enough though I'd pay it again and may.

1574742954235.png

It kills me to spend $73 but I don't want the set to go away. It's almost $60 unmounted / no wheels.

Last edited:
I ran my Granite today on my MX28s and they just have more cushion than the LPs. MX28s are still my favorites, but they are a little small for the 4S rigs. The MX38s are too big. Wish they made a MT tire in between, say a 3.2”

Dam! No Ebay stock currently for $60 shipped. I hope they don't start getting expensive for demand.
I marked out stuff but these details may not matter.
I guess I paid $66...sorry for the misinfo. Sure enough though I'd pay it again and may.

View attachment 55167

It kills me to spend $73 but I don't want the set to go away. It's almost $60 unmounted / no wheels.
My eBay says $46.97 shipped unmounted, guess who has an old set of Backflip wheels.

It's the same wheel with lp tires? I never looked deeper. Makes sense they would be.
I know I don't feel like gluing that stuff but if availability and cost get out of hand, I may give it a shot.
e:Also have at least one set of four BF onhand but would have to roast em and take time to clean.

It's the same wheel with lp tires? I never looked deeper. Makes sense they would be.
I know I don't feel like gluing that stuff but if availability and cost get out of hand, I may give it a shot.
e:Also have at least one set of four BF onhand but would have to roast em and take time to clean.
I just assumed it was, they are both 3.8 so. The 6s manual doesn't list a separate part number for the wheels just the wheels and tires as one. Might have to bust out the digital calipers.
Wheel bead diameter: 3.8" (97mm)
Width: 2.8" (71mm)

I don't no how we got to backflips , but ,,,, I started changing out the bearings on my 6s , new crriers n hubs came with larger and lot better bearings , don't have to change those , but these stock bearings r the same ones they used in v2 and 3 , not good at all , I separated one just by pushing it out , but any ways , ran into another triple layer of licktight on diffs set screws , I was able to melt one free with my solder tip , but the other one is a total loss , I'm going after a refund on this crap , this time , I already bot a hole new axle spline n stuff already , and I'm pretty sure the motor mount screws r the same nightmare , I gave them a little turn , don't feel good at all JEEEEZE !!!!

The fetish for red loctite is a strange one, especially when Arrma are famed for paying attention to the end users opinions/complaints/praise.

How difficult is it to give the shout down to China, to go blue instead of red? My Outcast Pinion gear was seemed to be using blue, probably the only place I'd ever even consider using red o_O Don't quite follow the loctile logic Arrma.

The fetish for red loctite is a strange one, especially when Arrma are famed for paying attention to the end users opinions/complaints/praise.

How difficult is it to give the shout down to China, to go blue instead of red? My Outcast Pinion gear was seemed to be using blue, probably the only place I'd ever even consider using red o_O Don't quite follow the loctile logic Arrma.
You never see people complain about screws falling out though ?

GO BLUE!

5EE671CB-7C52-4D89-BC53-8CAEDC8A0893.jpeg

Evidently there's a contest at Arrma factory tables , who ever uses the most lock tight wins !! I evidently have some clowns victory trophy subject , compleatly destroyed both front stub axlels getting the pin set screws out , in fact never got them out , stuff went all the way through the back end of the axels , tried heet and everything not a budget at all , very costly and very stupid , but hey ! I got a beanie on the way !

i whole heartedly agree with you I broke a drive shaft on my Senton , I tried to UNScrew the Grub Screw and it stripped in the end I had to open the Diff Saw the diff Outdrive off which was a real B*steward , buy New Outdrive for the Diff as well as New Drive Shaft . Pinion Gear grub Screw jamed on my Kraton 6s I wanted to change from the stock pinion I had to saw off the pinion . Which again Was No Joke it was Nightmare .

My threadlock comes from Harbor Freight. Cheap as dirt and so far holds up well. Even on the Noto servo saver. One application and still taking all the abuse I can muster.
Dirt can be very expensive have you ever had to bring fill in it gets very costly even to remove it lol

Wow. I thought I was the only one. Just had this on several parts of brand new Arrma RTR's. Same thing. Thread lock not just on the grub screws but all the way onto the axle. Barely got them off before completely stripping. hadn't thought of the soldering iron trick. Been using a heat gun. Ill try that next time, and no doubt there will be a next time. :mad:

I got all my parts today , great job by horizon , got everything that is metal to metal screws for free , pretty cool , totally worth makeing the list going through e mails n stuff , time to make a Kraton go !!!
Can't beat that service. ??

I have a map gas torch! haha.. Sure enough though, even on the blue threadlock the servo saver is still kickin. It's Harbor Freight for maybe $1.50. Prolly varies in dependability from bottle to bottle but I think I scored a good one. lol
I did go to LP Backflips in all fairness and comparably easier to move around. I'll be sticking with these though because I really love em.

im too lazy to heat up the soldering iron.... all my cars have torch marks on them.. lol
IMG_3937.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back